Aliexpress.com - Feedback Thread

One of my ali express order is shipped through ups.com. Now the tracking says... "As requested by the receiver, we'll hold the package, and contact them for instruction before submitting for clearance."

But so far no communication from ups... Any idea what will happen? Any one used ups.com?

One of my ali express order is shipped through ups.com. Now the tracking says... "As requested by the receiver, we'll hold the package, and contact them for instruction before submitting for clearance."

But so far no communication from ups... Any idea what will happen? Any one used ups.com?
Call their customer service on 1800227171 & 18001027171.. They will be close on Sunday. Try from 8.30 to 21 on regular day

Any one of your packages reaching without registered air mail? And anyone had to pay tax on products over 2k
depends on city , have never received unregistered parcels , now always take chinapost or Singapore post registered airmail
Have been telling seller to reduce the invoice so no

I have never selected the shipping option of private couriers like UPS, DHL, Aramex etc as you get hit with custom duties and other clearing fees etc. Did you not have any other option for shipping? Any Government Air Mail is a much better option.

Any one of your packages reaching without registered air mail? And anyone had to pay tax on products over 2k

These non-trackable shipments delivery depends on your luck, I have received many non-trackable shipments except the last one which was shipped two months ago, hopefully will get it soon. I almost always avoid this shipping unless the product itself is 1 to 4 dollars range. Not paid any tax till now as i always tell the seller to put low invoice value of 5-10 dollars.

I was charged INR 2,500 custom duty for an item that I paid $320 + $60 Shipping to India via FedEx International Express. Delivered in 4 days.

I have never selected the shipping option of private couriers like UPS, DHL, Aramex etc as you get hit with custom duties and other clearing fees etc. Did you not have any other option for shipping? Any Government Air Mail is a much better option.
Yea, i always choose the postal shipping as much as possible. But this is 360$ item and seller had only UPS, though i preferred Fedex. Anyways finally they delivered it yesterday after much follow ups. Had to pay duty 2.6K + 300 for UPS clearing... Seller declared 80$ as value. Looks like % of custom duty increased like anything... :( Last year for similar transaction/item i paid 900 duty.
I was charged INR 2,500 custom duty for an item that I paid $320 + $60 Shipping to India via FedEx International Express. Delivered in 4 days.
When it was and what was the % of duty and declared value?[DOUBLEPOST=1501831973][/DOUBLEPOST]
How many days does it takes, a Item to reach india ? (Via Sinagpore post)
Depends.... one of my item reached in a week... another one already 20 days over, yet to reach. Both in singapore post!

Yea, i always choose the postal shipping as much as possible. But this is 360$ item and seller had only UPS, though i preferred Fedex. Anyways finally they delivered it yesterday after much follow ups. Had to pay duty 2.6K + 300 for UPS clearing... Seller declared 80$ as value. Looks like % of custom duty increased like anything... :( Last year for similar transaction/item i paid 900 duty.
When it was and what was the % of duty and declared value?[DOUBLEPOST=1501831973][/DOUBLEPOST]
Depends.... one of my item reached in a week... another one already 20 days over, yet to reach. Both in singapore post!
Any express shipping method like Fedex, DHL will invariably incur customs duty. EMS though government, incurs duty. The best way to save on duty is to use SG/HK/CN post.

Any express shipping method like Fedex, DHL will invariably incur customs duty. EMS though government, incurs duty. The best way to save on duty is to use SG/HK/CN post.
yea, but for higher value items its risky to use postal shipping. Isn't people here reported that their items are confiscated and had to pay huge penalty due to limitation of 2000 INR shipping in postal service?

yea, but for higher value items its risky to use postal shipping. Isn't people here reported that their items are confiscated and had to pay huge penalty due to limitation of 2000 INR shipping in postal service?

Nope, You are mistaken, nobody got their items confiscated, you can read this entire thread from Page 1. Even the import duties are not a big problem as long as the seller marks a low invoice value but if the invoice value is above 2000 INR then you pay around 40% duty and the postman collects it for Govt. Air Mail shipping.

Nope, You are mistaken, nobody got their items confiscated, you can read this entire thread from Page 1. Even the import duties are not a big problem as long as the seller marks a low invoice value but if the invoice value is above 2000 INR then you pay around 40% duty and the postman collects it for Govt. Air Mail shipping.
Yes i meant the same... Its risky to use postal for higher value items... 40% duty includes penalty... But if it's shipped by private courier then there won't be penalty.. So we can't always use postal service for all the items. Also the lower invoice value should be reasonable and acceptable by customs. For ex, the item which i ordered is 4 kg weight and 360$ actual value... 2000 inr limit will definitely raise eyebrows [emoji1]

Did you had to pay for custom charges with singapore post?

Yes i meant the same... Its risky to use postal for higher value items... 40% duty includes penalty... But if it's shipped by private courier then there won't be penalty.. So we can't always use postal service for all the items. Also the lower invoice value should be reasonable and acceptable by customs. For ex, the item which i ordered is 4 kg weight and 360$ actual value... 2000 inr limit will definitely raise eyebrows [emoji1]

For Big box items we don't have much options, duty will be charged regardless. The duty will be 40% in both the cases and there will no penalties, i have never seen anyone levy any penalty on aliexpress orders. The only thing we can do quote lower value for lower duty like you put $80 value for your last order.

This is a 4 year old thread for an Amazon order, not seen anyone pay any penalty for aliexpress order.

Just thought of sharing what I experienced on aliexpress:

I order an item and paid an extra dollar for shipping through Registered Post. But the seller shipped it through ordinary post. I choose registered post as it ensures delivery. I never lost a registered parcel. I contacted the seller for a solution and he offered me refund of the shipping amount and asked me for my paypal account.
This refund amount was not going to reduce the risk of losing an unregistered parcel, so I refused for this.
Instead I demanded, he send me another parcel through registered post. He stopped responding.
When contacted the customer care, the executive told me that I should never share my paypal account detail with sellers.

Though I don't use paypal, I am wondering what could happen after sharing paypal account ID?

Did you had to pay for custom charges with singapore post?
Not now.. but in past once i had to pay duty around 900 for a item which is shipped through postal service.. dont remember whether it was singapore post or something else. Usually smaller boxes, covers will come through without any duty. But for any medium sized packages to bigger boxes always duty levied irrespective of postal or private courier service.

Just thought of sharing what I experienced on aliexpress:

I order an item and paid an extra dollar for shipping through Registered Post. But the seller shipped it through ordinary post. I choose registered post as it ensures delivery. I never lost a registered parcel. I contacted the seller for a solution and he offered me refund of the shipping amount and asked me for my paypal account.
This refund amount was not going to reduce the risk of losing an unregistered parcel, so I refused for this.
Instead I demanded, he send me another parcel through registered post. He stopped responding.
When contacted the customer care, the executive told me that I should never share my paypal account detail with sellers.

Though I don't use paypal, I am wondering what could happen after sharing paypal account ID?

something similar happend to me, 99% sure i ordered a 50rs item with registered air mail, now shipped by ordinary packet plus.

something similar happend to me, 99% sure i ordered a 50rs item with registered air mail, now shipped by ordinary packet plus.

Talk to the seller. Ask him to send another piece through registered post.
If he refuses, report the seller a fraud.

Last edited:
Back