Aliexpress.com - Feedback Thread

works without problem.
no issues with refund also.[DOUBLEPOST=1527233446][/DOUBLEPOST]Shocked!
Banggood.com asking for Adhaar & PAN numbers during payment.
I was ordering a 3D printer kit.
Didn't complete the payment.
Really feeling disturbed :-(
It is for customs. If you dont want to provide them these, use paypal. however every possibility that you'll be asked for adhaar/pan once item reaches indian customs

It is for customs. If you dont want to provide them these, use paypal. however every possibility that you'll be asked for adhaar/pan once item reaches indian customs

When did this start? there was no such thing till 2-3 weeks back when i got my last shipment.

I ordered a laptop screen from aliexpress and the staus I'm seeing is "Started customs clearance process" for two days. Should i wait or try to contact the Mumbai customs office?
Following are the screenshots from the aliexpress tracking page:
upload_2018-5-29_16-13-10.png

Orignal Information:
upload_2018-5-29_16-14-28.png

When did this start? there was no such thing till 2-3 weeks back when i got my last shipment.
Only for few items. However If you're getting anything from DHL/fedex, they ask for KYC even if its a tv stand or monitor arm. I recently had an issue with fedex who were charging extra 3k in the name of gst for an monitor arm I ordered from amazon usa

Only for few items. However If you're getting anything from DHL/fedex, they ask for KYC even if its a tv stand or monitor arm. I recently had an issue with fedex who were charging extra 3k in the name of gst for an monitor arm I ordered from amazon usa

I know that, it does not make any sense to go for private couriers unless the product is not available with Postal Air Mail options.

I ordered a laptop screen from aliexpress and the staus I'm seeing is "Started customs clearance process" for two days. Should i wait or try to contact the Mumbai customs office?
Following are the screenshots from the aliexpress tracking page:
View attachment 75170
Orignal Information:
View attachment 75172

Give it time. I have had shipments awaiting customs clearance (in Kolkata CED) getting cleared after 10 days as well.

Hey i wanted to buy something from aliexpress and i read that they undervalue the product in receipt so that it doesn't go through customs.
Is it true?
If it is then how to tell seller to do that and can we set the value or do they do that?
Lastly i live in Delhi, which shipping method ships directly to Delhi- aliexpress or china air mail?

Hey i wanted to buy something from aliexpress and i read that they undervalue the product in receipt so that it doesn't go through customs.
Is it true?
If it is then how to tell seller to do that and can we set the value or do they do that?
Lastly i live in Delhi, which shipping method ships directly to Delhi- aliexpress or china air mail?

You can always message and ask a seller on AE to declare a lower value on the package. Most sellers normally declare a price below $20 on the package. All international shipments from AE will go through customs, you will get an update like "Awaiting Presentation to Customs Commissioner". Most shipments come through without duties being levied. It's good to always remember, being charged duties are a hit and miss thing. Always choose shipments through Free AliExpress Standard Shipping and other Free Shipping (eg. Hong Kong Post) to have the best chances of staying clear of the duty scanner.

For the record, I have had multiple shipments lower than $100 come in from AE through Free Standard Shipping or Free Hong Kong Post without duties being charged.

I tried ordering and all my orders are getting cancelled.
All my orders are getting this error: "Sorry we cannot process your order.
Your orders are closed or frozen. Please go to my order and check status."

It is not because of my card because i have Intl transaction and I'm getting this error even when i select wallet option.[DOUBLEPOST=1528710288][/DOUBLEPOST]I finally placed order when i removed the $4 coupon on first order.
Has anyone been able to use that $4 coupon on first order?

Last edited:
Hello experienced Aliexpress Buyers and members, Please let me know...

I ordered something which actual value is 15 USD and shipping option chosen with AE Standard Shipping (1.98 USD) out of two which is Turkey Post (1.66 USD) because AE Standard shipping provides successful delivery for my earlier orders...but today I surprised to find out Seller shipped my order via Turkey Post.

Is it the same AE Standard shipping? - Looks like seller become greedy for just the price difference...What to do now ?

Last edited:
I think this $4 coupon was on sign-up recently. Trick is to order small value item before using it. IIRC, I ordered stuff worth $0.1 and then used this coupon sucessfully.
It was $5 with shipping charges and it was not going through.
I tried $10 and still it wasn't going through.
Customer care told me that the system was detecting that this was not my first order so they flagged my account which was strange because i just created the account.

Does anyone know if they are using AI for customer care?
The answers were instant, they took less than 3 seconds between most questions.
I even asked 'are you AI' and i got the answer instantly- No, i have feelings like you do.
Strange answer isn't it?

It was $5 with shipping charges and it was not going through.
I tried $10 and still it wasn't going through.
Customer care told me that the system was detecting that this was not my first order so they flagged my account which was strange because i just created the account.

Does anyone know if they are using AI for customer care?
The answers were instant, they took less than 3 seconds between most questions.
I even asked 'are you AI' and i got the answer instantly- No, i have feelings like you do.
Strange answer isn't it?
It's not just the account it's your debit/credit card/wallet/bank that you use. Also the phone/pc/ip address they track all. They know more then u know.

Hello experienced Aliexpress Buyers and members, Please let me know...

I ordered something which actual value is 15 USD and shipping option chosen with AE Standard Shipping (1.98 USD) out of two which is Turkey Post (1.66 USD) because AE Standard shipping provides successful delivery for my earlier orders...but today I surprised to find out Seller shipped my order via Turkey Post.

Is it the same AE Standard shipping? - Looks like seller become greedy for just the price difference...What to do now ?

Hey mate,

So if I understood correctly, you paid the additional shipping charges of $1.98 associated with Ali Express Standard shipping and the seller shipped it through the lower cost shipping channel and that too being Turkey Post?

I have read bad things about Turkey Post handling products to India. They seem to delay stuff indefinitely. I guess now there's not much to do but to wait it out and see if the product reaches you within the stipulated time frame. Otherwise seller will have to return your money in all probability. I have never ended up with Turkey Post after choosing AE Standard Shipping. It has either been Singapore Post or Hong Kong Post. You can ask the seller once why he used Turkey Post instead of AE's Standard Shipping and more so since you paid for it! I doubt it will yield much though. Waiting seems to be the only option here sadly.

I hope the product is not too valuable. :(

Hey mate,

So if I understood correctly, you paid the additional shipping charges of $1.98 associated with Ali Express Standard shipping and the seller shipped it through the lower cost shipping channel and that too being Turkey Post?

I have read bad things about Turkey Post handling products to India. They seem to delay stuff indefinitely. I guess now there's not much to do but to wait it out and see if the product reaches you within the stipulated time frame. Otherwise seller will have to return your money in all probability. I have never ended up with Turkey Post after choosing AE Standard Shipping. It has either been Singapore Post or Hong Kong Post. You can ask the seller once why he used Turkey Post instead of AE's Standard Shipping and more so since you paid for it! I doubt it will yield much though. Waiting seems to be the only option here sadly.

I hope the product is not too valuable. :(

Thanks for the reply....Yes this is exactly what happened.

So now I have to wait 58 Days 21 Hours 25 Mins to see to end of it - This is so frustrating. :(:(:banghead:
Seller did this because of 0.32 $ profit (AESS cost 1.98$ and TP cost 1.66$ )

Thanks for the reply....Yes this is exactly what happened.

So now I have to wait 58 Days 21 Hours 25 Mins to see to end of it - This is so frustrating. :(:(:banghead:
Seller did this because of 0.32 $ profit (AESS cost 1.98$ and TP cost 1.66$ )

Damn. Cheap tactics by seller. Hope your product arrives sooner than the stipulated 2 month wait period man.

This is regarding one of my current AliExpress shipments. It arrived at the local Post Office 2 days ago. Didn't get taken out for delivery. Yesterday afternoon I sent my office peon to go an inquire with the tracking ID. He called me from the local Post Office and said "Post Master is sleeping and Delivery guys are busy playing Carrom"!! After repeated requests, the Post Master finally woke up and told him that the main server in their station went down a couple of days back due to a lightning episode. Now, they are supposedly waiting for the server to be repaired. Only then, will they be able to deliver shipments. So, no sooner than next week then. :banghead:

(The above shipment was sent via Singapore Post and then subsequently India Post. Free AE Standard Shipping).

Anyone bought anything from GearBest recently... is the GATI Priority Line shipping still working good for India? Feedback would be a appreciated.

Back