Aliexpress.com - Feedback Thread

The brand is good its just that even for 5$ items there aint shipping fee but for some items no matter the pricing the free shipping too is chargeable. Its random for any item rate so really cannot understand.
First will pm seller and then decide.

BTW anyone tried "Yanwen Economic Air Mail" free shipping without tracking?

View attachment 75591

I ordered bunch of stuff without tracking. None of them reached to me. So now I order only with tracking.

I ordered one stuff with free china post ordinary without tracking this time without getting into china airmail just for experiment.

It been 48 hours item hasnt shipped yet.

upload_2018-7-4_19-42-32.png

upload_2018-7-4_19-43-43.png

Received My Order via Turkey Post and it is a Li-ion Battery, Customs Department didn't bother to open the package and there is No Custom Charges. Kolkata Customs Clear the package very fast. Unlike Gearbest and Banggood who can't ship battery to India - Individual seller sent the Battery though product originated from Istanbul Turkey...maybe that is the Trick here.

fGIbu0c.png

Received My Order via Turkey Post and it is a Li-ion Battery, Customs Department didn't bother to open the package and there is No Custom Charges. Kolkata Customs Clear the package very fast. Unlike Gearbest and Banggood who can't ship battery to India - Individual seller sent the Battery though product originated from Istanbul Turkey...maybe that is the Trick here.
please share the link of product.

Placed an order with GearBest on the 27th of June and received it today afternoon, delivery in 9 days flat through free Priority Line Shipping (India Express). Product value was $54.95. No valuation was mentioned on the shipment. Item was bubbled wrapped inside a box and inserted into a white plastic bag which had the delivery address, contact number, a barcode, and the tracking ID. No duties were levied. Extremely happy with this speedy service through Priority Line shipping.

Something funny though, prior to delivery the courier guy called me and said I had a paid consignment delivery from "Paytm"! I was confused to begin with but when the package arrived I saw the tracking ID and knew. :D

I'm leaving the tracking details of my recent order from GearBest through Priority Line Shipping here for anyone who wants to see how the shipping process is handled:

20rsaxc.jpg

From ordering to delivery it took 9 days.

One bad thing about Aliexpress is refund.

Aliexpress is very helpful in refunding but you get approx 7% less what you paid because of bank charges (3.5% at the time of paying and 3.5% at the time of refund).

On the other hand, most similar websites use Paypal and you don't loose a single penny if you get refund.

Aliexpress is very helpful in refunding but you get approx 7% less what you paid because of bank charges (3.5% at the time of paying and 3.5% at the time of refund).

On the other hand, most similar websites use Paypal and you don't loose a single penny if you get refund.

can't believe.
my hdfc cc even reverses the forex fee with refund amount.

Wow... That's your Bank which is cheating you AliExpress refunds you what they GET.

AliExpress refunds you what they GET.

Exactly. AliExpress does refund you what they get.

But what happens is (when I use ICICI-CC):

Assume 1 US$=INR 69

I paid Aliexpress 1US$ and I was charged Rs. 71.84 (69 + 2.41 (3.5% Bank Charges) + 0.43 (18% GST on Bank Charges)

Now, when Aliexpress refunds, they refund me 1 US$. So no problem from their end.

But what I get is Rs.66.16 (69 - 2.41 (3.5% Bank Charges) - 0.43 (18% GST on Bank Charges)

Is this specific to ICICI-CC? If other banks don't do it, I will use other cards I have.

Anybody got refund from Aliexpress and checked their CC statement?

I have got full refund from others like Gearbest, Geekbuying, Banggood, etc. when I paid through Paypal (I use Citibank CC on Paypal).

Last edited:
Interesting. Is anyone even cross checking their accounts after receiving refunds? Have you got full amount or tax deduction or dollar rate for that day etc. Someone confirmation please.

Thanks. I was using ICICI-VCC because ICICI gives a permanent VCC and details are saved on AliExpress. I have set a limit of Rs.1000 for small things (which I increase when I buy anything more expensive). So, it takes just a click and I can buy it.

Whereas with HDFC, I have to go to their website and generate a VCC every time I want to purchase something. Then enter that VCC details on Aliexpress payment page and buy it. In addition, I have disabled international transaction for my HDFC-CC (because it has higher credit limit and international transactions don't need OTP/password). So, there is another step for me. (HDFC does not generate VCCs if international transaction is disabled on primary card.)

But if others confirm that they get refund what they paid (except little dollar rate variation), I don't mind taking these steps.

Back