Aliexpress.com - Feedback Thread

Black_Hawk

Veteran
Aug 8, 2009
Kolkata, West Bengal
Experienced Aliexpress buyers, need a little suggestion. I am looking to buy some cheap watches from Aliexpress, I am personally a fan of chronograph watches. Can you guys suggest some brands on Aliexpress which make good quality chronograph watches on Aliexpress but are not super expensive.
I can't recommend the super cheap watches on AE which say they are chronographs but aren't in reality. The only 2 I would recommend and know are of good quality are ones from Parnis and Corgeut.

Parnis Chronograph:

Link: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32922813805.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.88da3c00u97685&mp=1

This actually comes with a Seiko movement, the Seiko VK63 for the 3-Sub dial variant and the Seiko VK64 for the 2-Sub dial variants. Those movements are perhaps the best priced solidly performing Meca-Quartz Chronographs out there. The watch is beautifully made as well. Review of the said watch:

(It is a 3 part review so if your interested in the watch, be sure to watch them all).

Cheers!

Reactions: dissel

i_rock098

Disciple
Jul 18, 2011
I think @Black_Hawk is the right person to ask.

And this YT Channel may help - Look For Chinees Special, Though his review mainly on Automatic Mechanical Watch, but I think he also look for one/two AE Chronograph Watch....Which comes with Japanese Myota at it's core.

Thank you, that channel is actually really good and gives me a good reference. Thank you for linking it.
I can't recommend the super cheap watches on AE which say they are chronographs but aren't in reality. The only 2 I would recommend and know are of good quality are ones from Parnis and Corgeut.

Parnis Chronograph:

Link: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32922813805.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.88da3c00u97685&mp=1

This actually comes with a Seiko movement, the Seiko VK63 for the 3-Sub dial variant and the Seiko VK64 for the 2-Sub dial variants. Those movements are perhaps the best priced solidly performing Meca-Quartz Chronographs out there. The watch is beautifully made as well. Review of the said watch:

(It is a 3 part review so if your interested in the watch, be sure to watch them all).

Cheers!
The thing with me is that I like watches more as a fashion accessories rather than their movements. I own 3 original watches, one from Citizen Ecodrive and 2 from Casio Edifice. All three are absolutely gorgeous to look at but are personally very expensive at 15k+ each. I bought a replica Casio Edifice watch too locally but absolutely hated the feel of it, feels no where like my originals.

Now I am looking to add more to my collection but on a budget. The one you linked has really great features but is really bland retro looking. I don't like retro watches. I like my watches to look modern. I can't find my exact model on Amazon to link but this one is pretty close to how my Casio one looks and I love it.

Casio Analog Black Dial Men's Watch-EFR-556DC-1AVUDF (EX493) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07R49S153/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_v4LHDbCS9CVN4

Something like this is more my style. Anything you recommend on Aliexpress like this? Also can I dm you?

Dr.Lakshay

Disciple
Aug 5, 2017
Thank you, that channel is actually really good and gives me a good reference. Thank you for linking it. The thing with me is that I like watches more as a fashion accessories rather than their movements. I own 3 original watches, one from Citizen Ecodrive and 2 from Casio Edifice. All three are absolutely gorgeous to look at but are personally very expensive at 15k+ each. I bought a replica Casio Edifice watch too locally but absolutely hated the feel of it, feels no where like my originals.

Now I am looking to add more to my collection but on a budget. The one you linked has really great features but is really bland retro looking. I don't like retro watches. I like my watches to look modern. I can't find my exact model on Amazon to link but this one is pretty close to how my Casio one looks and I love it.

Casio Analog Black Dial Men's Watch-EFR-556DC-1AVUDF (EX493) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07R49S153/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_v4LHDbCS9CVN4

Something like this is more my style. Anything you recommend on Aliexpress like this? Also can I dm you?
Instead of going for unknown Chinese brands I will suggest you to buy branded watches within your budget from authorised sellers. May be look for some discounts. Diwali is coming.

nRiTeCh

If you can see the green dot, I'm online ;-)
Veteran
No sensible guy on TE who can help me purchase Popup firecrackers from China ?
Sensible guys on TE will never try to buy, help or promote stuff which is illegal or against the law!!
Diwali is nearing, why not instead run to the nearest stockist or dealer and get an yearly stock instead??? NO hassles for you as everything is taken care by them.

Reactions: Black_Hawk

Black_Hawk

Veteran
Aug 8, 2009
Kolkata, West Bengal
Thrill and suspense unearthed.
LoL... yes, can't deny the suspense! Strangely enough waiting for these shipments to arrive, clear Customs is all a thrilling wait in it's own way. I know there is next day delivery by Amazon Prime but these International Shipments where your products arrive from across the boundaries have their own charm. :)

Both my shipments arrived from AliExpress a little while ago, both under $20 products. No Customs Duty charged.

P.S. A few days ago as my local Postman was passing my house I asked him about my shipments and we had a quick chat. Today when the shipments arrived at the local PO he called me and informed me. I thought when he called me that I was probably charged Duty and he called to give me a heads-up about the amount. There was no duty and he just called to inform me since I had asked him a few days ago. Really nice of him. I did give him a nice "bakshish" for his nice gesture and also as the festive season is ahead in West Bengal. He was very happy and all smiles. Always good to keep the local Postman in my good books. :)

Reactions: nRiTeCh

nRiTeCh

If you can see the green dot, I'm online ;-)
Veteran
LoL... yes, can't deny the suspense! Strangely enough waiting for these shipments to arrive, clear Customs is all a thrilling wait in it's own way. I know there is next day delivery by Amazon Prime but these International Shipments where your products arrive from across the boundaries have their own charm. :)

Both my shipments arrived from AliExpress a little while ago, both under $20 products. No Customs Duty charged.

P.S. A few days ago as my local Postman was passing my house I asked him about my shipments and we had a quick chat. Today when the shipments arrived at the local PO he called me and informed me. I thought when he called me that I was probably charged Duty and he called to give me a heads-up about the amount. There was no duty and he just called to inform me since I had asked him a few days ago. Really nice of him. I did give him a nice "bakshish" for his nice gesture and also as the festive season is ahead in West Bengal. He was very happy and all smiles. Always good to keep the local Postman in my good books. :)
Glad you have such humble postman chacha around else mostly there are khadoos buddhhas.

Reactions: Black_Hawk

Black_Hawk

Veteran
Aug 8, 2009
Kolkata, West Bengal
Glad you have such humble postman chacha around else mostly there are khadoos buddhhas.
Yup, he's in his 40's... cool guy. Behaves well and helpful. :)

I have one more shipment now awaiting clearance under Kolkata Customs (since the 17th):

These days it's taking at least 10-12 days for clearance to happen in Kolkata CED.

Dr.Lakshay

Disciple
Aug 5, 2017
3-4 months before New year is the busiest time for customs. And I have seen this pattern. Customs clearance slows down towards the end of the year. After Jan the clearance becomes faster.