Aliexpress.com - Feedback Thread

I have seen that option but only maestro card is accepted there. I have VISA debit cards from SBI and bank of baroda
https://global.alipay.com/ospay/home.htm sign up here and see if you are able to add your debit card, if you can add it here successfully just fire up aliexpress app and choose pay via alipay. I'm using my credit card for transactions but had used a mastercard debit card in past. i think that time we had to enable international limit in HDFC.

You can use all debit cards if they're enabled for international transactions.
https://global.alipay.com/ospay/home.htm sign up here and see if you are able to add your debit card, if you can add it here successfully just fire up aliexpress app and choose pay via alipay. I'm using my credit card for transactions but had used a mastercard debit card in past. i think that time we had to enable international limit in HDFC.
Not working for me.

I got "Oops, we failed to save your card due to system reason. Please try again later." when i tried to add my cards to alipay.

I decided to buy iphone 4 16GB from aliexpress for 6k. Do i have pay any custom duties or charges? please help. first time im going to buy from aliexpress and seller has very good ratings.

No western union, No credit card, Debit card not working. Only option left now is virtual credit card.

I will give entropay a try. Will report if it works.

how much for a 7k mobile.
A bit difficult to state the actual amount that will be levied since the assessed value (on which the duty will be calculated) may very well be different from the amount paid. Now, I don't have 1st hand information/experience about this, nor can I quote the relevant legal provisions. Rather, I'm simply summarizing whatever I've read on the topic over the course of research on this very thread, & on various blogs and such. So don't take this as the gospel truth.

These should be useful -
http://www.am22tech.com/sending-iphone-6-to-india-from-usa/

https://www.zauba.com/customs-import-duty/mobile-phone-/india.html

Tbh, since you've already ordered the product, just relax, wait & watch. If you find the charges levied as being disproportionate, you can pursue the matter with the relevant authorities. Only iirc, you shouldn't accept the package in the first place, if that's the case.

HTH.

You just need a debit card thats been enabled for international transactions. My hdfc card was enabled by default
My debit card is an 'international debit card' according to bank of baroda. But somehow, doesn't work on aliexpress as well as on entropay. (both need payments in $)

Is there any indian virtual credit card provider than takes money in INR and allows international payments in US$??
www.globalvirtualcard.com seems to do it but is it a genuine site? (FAQ says they use entropay to create virtual CC and accept payments from indian banks using NEFT, IMPS)

EDIT: My friend's citi bank DC worked finally

Last edited:
^ If its an International debit card, Just call your bank and ask them to enable international transactions. It should take them just one sec to enable it.

A bit difficult to state the actual amount that will be levied since the assessed value (on which the duty will be calculated) may very well be different from the amount paid. Now, I don't have 1st hand information/experience about this, nor can I quote the relevant legal provisions. Rather, I'm simply summarizing whatever I've read on the topic over the course of research on this very thread, & on various blogs and such. So don't take this as the gospel truth.

These should be useful -
http://www.am22tech.com/sending-iphone-6-to-india-from-usa/

https://www.zauba.com/customs-import-duty/mobile-phone-/india.html

Tbh, since you've already ordered the product, just relax, wait & watch. If you find the charges levied as being disproportionate, you can pursue the matter with the relevant authorities. Only iirc, you shouldn't accept the package in the first place, if that's the case.

HTH.
thanks, i will let you know if i am charged with custom duty, iphone 4s for 6.7k looks sweet deal.

My parcel from ali express struck at Mumbai Foriegn Post office with "Retention reason : Awaiting presentation to customs commissioner since 10 days , shall I wait or need to call thier customer service

I am facing a new issue now. :(

I had made a purchase worth 1.2$ just to test my friend's citibank debit card, payment completed, aliexpress took 24 hours to verify payment and seller shipped the item.

Next purchase i made was worth $105 (Rs.7100). But when i paid, even though payment was showed as successful at aliexpress and money got deducted from bank account. Aliexpress closed my order (for security reasons) and asked my ID proof, photo of debit card (with first 12 digits concealed) and bank statement to validate my account.
I provided these documents to them and they validated those details and told me that i can now start placing orders again.

When i contacted CC about my order that i paid $105 for, they said its permanently closed and aliexpress didn't deduct the amount, its being held by my bank and i should contact my bank to get a refund.

I contacted my bank and they asked for 2 working days to verify if the payment failed or succeeded.

Anyone faced similar issue with aliexpress before?

They also said they can't guarantee that my future orders will not be closed for security reasons even after i have submitted those documents they had asked for, since verification of each order is independent.

EDIT: Refund arrived within 3 days.

Last edited:
I am facing a new issue now. :(

I had made a purchase worth 1.2$ just to test my friend's citibank debit card, payment completed, aliexpress took 24 hours to verify payment and seller shipped the item.

Next purchase i made was worth $105 (Rs.7100). But when i paid, even though payment was showed as successful at aliexpress and money got deducted from bank account. Aliexpress closed my order (for security reasons) and asked my ID proof, photo of debit card (with first 12 digits concealed) and bank statement to validate my account.
I provided these documents to them and they validated those details and told me that i can now start placing orders again.

When i contacted CC about my order that i paid $105 for, they said its permanently closed and aliexpress didn't deduct the amount, its being held by my bank and i should contact my bank to get a refund.

I contacted my bank and they asked for 2 working days to verify if the payment failed or succeeded.

Anyone faced similar issue with aliexpress before?

They also said they can't guarantee that my future orders will not be closed for security reasons even after i have submitted those documents they had asked for, since verification of each order is independent.
you'll get your money back. Don't worry. Contact your bank after few days. There's absolutely no chance of you losing that money. be sure of that

hi,new here,my first order dell motherboard-5280 rs,now held in chennai customs,not impatient,ordered on 15th june---22nd june held in customs,hence its a motherboard and seller invoice 40$ instead of 77$ --the customs? duty? any approximations can be assumed?and its by sing post,thanks for reading,waitin for replies n the package ...

@kidrow Received my Iphone 4 from Aliexpress today only. I didn't had to pay any custom charges or duties.

34yqvl1.jpg

206zyth.jpg

11cefj8.jpg

@kidrow Received my Iphone 4 from Aliexpress today only. I didn't had to pay any custom charges or duties.
Glad to hear that. Congratulations! You must be on cloud 9, :). Nothing more satisfying than snagging a good deal.

Life can be good sometimes, :). I've also been lucky to not have any customs charged yet for the items (albeit not too expensive) that I've ordered from aliexpress so far. My cousin, on the other hand, who regularly gets DIY stuff has been charged every single time.

Enjoy!

Back