Aliexpress.com - Feedback Thread

Planning to place another order, the product has the following shipping options:

11j1av7.jpg

Which should I choose, any pointers would be appreciated.
Haven't used HK but I get shipments in 15 to 17 days via Singapore Post.

Have you had to pay extra for Singapore Post (like the additional $2.82)... did that have more of a chance of attracting Customs Duty?
I really doubt 3dollars will attack any additional duty, Its a hit n miss thing have never paid duty on anything had ordered stuff upto 10k and they all came free.

I really doubt 3dollars will attack any additional duty, Its a hit n miss thing have never paid duty on anything had ordered stuff upto 10k and they all came free.

Good then... so it's not like DHL where your pretty much guaranteed to pay duty and later handling charges.

Good then... so it's not like DHL where your pretty much guaranteed to pay duty and later handling charges.
Don't ever use DHL for any Ali express purchases they will declare the value according to their system and then later Custom Babus will reassess it and then apply duty. Some of the peeps I know have paid duty+DHL handling+ST which was in total 5 times the price of the item they had ordered.

Don't ever use DHL for any Ali express purchases they will declare the value according to their system and then later Custom Babus will reassess it and then apply duty. Some of the peeps I know have paid duty+DHL handling+ST which was in total 5 times the price of the item they had ordered.

Thanks you save me i was about to order 17.5K product shipping through DHL . Thanks for saving me.

@rkkaranrk & @sbhas2k: Thank-you for answering my question regarding shipping earlier in the day, appreciate it!

I went ahead and placed the order now, chose Hong Kong Post Airmail with the associated $2.82 extra as Shipping Charges. The total cost of the item is $58.82 (including shipping) and the estimated delivery time given is 15-26 days.

Now to see how it goes...

This is exactly the reason I discuss with the seller beforehand and ask them to ship it by SingPost even if I had to pay a slightly higher shipping charge.

I know that, from last 5 years i ask for the fastest option which is Hong Kong Post but for less than 10 dollar purchases i don't care, besides you get to know about the speeds of different postal options only after trying.

So, I had a couple of orders which were placed on the 9th of February and both were pending shipping from the sellers. Wrote into them yesterday evening and got instant replies that it was due the Chinese New Year holidays. Understandably so. Both orders got shipped today morning. March is shaping up to be an exciting month ahead, have some nice items coming in! :)

Must say barring a few, the sellers on AliExpress are really polite and reply to messages almost instantly or within a couple of days maximum.

My latest shipment is coming via Kolkata, I always hope my stuff lands in Mumbai as they clear the stuff within 2-3 days whereas the super lazy Kolkata babus take one or two weeks for the same job. Always wonder why a Maharashtra shipment lands at Kolkata when it should ideally be sent to Mumbai.

My latest shipment is coming via Kolkata, I always hope my stuff lands in Mumbai as they clear the stuff within 2-3 days whereas the super lazy Kolkata babus take one or two weeks for the same job. Always wonder why a Maharashtra shipment lands at Kolkata when it should ideally be sent to Mumbai.
If the place of origin is Beijing, then by default it goes to Kolkata

Ordered 1 piece of RJ-45 transceiver from FS.com (Fiberstore) China . The item was worth 18 USD while the shipping was around 17 USD. The item was shipped throgh FedEx . Customs Dept decided to charge me Rs. 1000 / - worth of import duty, the major component being IGST (WTF?) I was wondering if filing an RTI would help?

And to top it off, FedEx charged around 500/- as its clearance fees.

BTW, here is the breakup that FedEx presented :

upload_2018-3-1_22-0-44.png

upload_2018-3-1_22-1-53.png

Ordered 1 piece of RJ-45 transceiver from FS.com (Fiberstore) China . The item was worth 18 USD while the shipping was around 17 USD. The item was shipped throgh FedEx . Customs Dept decided to charge me Rs. 1000 / - worth of import duty, the major component being IGST (WTF?) I was wondering if filing an RTI would help?

And to top it off, FedEx charged around 500/- as its clearance fees.

BTW, here is the breakup that FedEx presented :

View attachment 74041
View attachment 74042
Seems like a loot. FedEx is a no no

Anyone else who placed orders after the 20th of February on AliExpress... would like to know if they got shipped and importantly left the country of origin?

All my 3 orders placed after the 20th are stuck in the country of origin itself, no movement. I messaged one of the sellers and he said that he has sent items to carrier but due to the Chinese New Year (which was on the 16th of February) there has been heavy accumulation of goods thus the delay in the logistics department.

Anyone else facing the same plight? Any idea when the good should start to move again or will they get cancelled?

@rkkaranrk do you have any orders that are stuck currently?

Anyone else who placed orders after the 20th of February on AliExpress... would like to know if they got shipped and importantly left the country of origin?

All my 3 orders placed after the 20th are stuck in the country of origin itself, no movement. I messaged one of the sellers and he said that he has sent items to carrier but due to the Chinese New Year (which was on the 16th of February) there has been heavy accumulation of goods thus the delay in the logistics department.

Anyone else facing the same plight? Any idea when the good should start to move again or will they get cancelled?

@rkkaranrk do you have any orders that are stuck currently?
That's normal after the New Year, Will take minimum a week to ship and max 3 weeks.

Is it safe to order 120mm fans etc from AliExpress? Thinking if getting some related stuff from there. Want to order in bulk but will order every week 2 items.

Back