Aliexpress.com - Feedback Thread

@Rockfella and Others

Got the package in hand (of my dad) now. The postman gave to the building watchman. Yet to open it. The value declared was $5 . It is NOT Marked as gift anywhere. Description was "blocks" (for people who don't know what I ordered, it was 3rd party aka Fake lego set). No Customs Charged.
Hoping this "lego" set turns out to be decent quality.

We can tell the sellers to stop marking these packages as "Gifts", what should we tell them to mark on that poster? The options are Gift/Document/Sample/Other. Maybe we should try with Sample. Small packages with small invoices values are still getting through without taxes as people have mentioned here.

Ohh soo fast. Which shipping method? And care to share what item exactly, may be I can prefer same seller if preferences match.
I paid extra $1.67 for slightly faster shipping.
X.JPG

6_resize.jpg

I will create a new thread for my latest purchases. My "Bluetooth Madness". :)

@Rockfella and Others
Got the package in hand (of my dad) now. The postman gave to the building watchman. Yet to open it. The value declared was $5 . It is NOT Marked as gift anywhere. Description was "blocks" (for people who don't know what I ordered, it was 3rd party aka Fake lego set). No Customs Charged.
Hoping this "lego" set turns out to be decent quality.
Glad to know! It is a big relief! :D Share pics plz
We can tell the sellers to stop marking these packages as "Gifts", what should we tell them to mark on that poster? The options are Gift/Document/Sample/Other. Maybe we should try with Sample. Small packages with small invoices values are still getting through without taxes as people have mentioned here.
Solid point. I will say this to seller next time.

Last edited:
I am being charged about Rs. 3700 as customs for 3 items I payed Rs.5000 (67.18 USD) for. This is almost 80% of the cost. The postman had called to inform that today.
What can I do?
I am in Hyderabad. Do I simply pay and accept the parcel? I asked the postman whether the customs charge can be re-assessed and he told me he didn't know about that and asked me to come to the post office to sort it out.

A bit confusing reply by the seller

upload_2018-12-20_12-43-6.png

For dispute thats fine I will open but how come he sure about the package getting lost within just 8 days on shipping?

Now to my suspense, there is no update on the package trace after 15th Dec.

upload_2018-12-20_12-44-26.png

Dont know how to relate both things aka sellers reply + no tracking for so long.

Has he purposely cancelled the courier before leaving his country from his end as I immediately showed him his big mistake & asked him to ship via preferred shipment?

I am being charged about Rs. 3700 as customs for 3 items I payed Rs.5000 (67.18 USD) for. This is almost 80% of the cost. The postman had called to inform that today.
What can I do?
I am in Hyderabad. Do I simply pay and accept the parcel? I asked the postman whether the customs charge can be re-assessed and he told me he didn't know about that and asked me to come to the post office to sort it out.

Reassessment is a time consuming process. The post office needs to send back to customs official and instead of re-assessing, 99% of time they will send it back to the original country. I had once done reassessment and got the custom fee reduced to a great extent (for an earphone), but I had to visit their 3 times for the same.

If you are ok with paying the quoted amount, they pay and forget about it, else you can do what i had done. Post office won't be able to help you in anyway in this matter.

I ended up paying it. But, there was a little confusion on the individual parcel customs price.

I had two parcels-
1. Cost: 75.09 USD (3 items) (~5200 INR) (67.18 USD after discount)
2. Cost: 38.29 USD (1 item) (~2700 INR)

The customs I had to pay were -
1. 2717 INR (Assessable value: 6386)
2. 1781 INR (Assessable value: 4162)

(Where did they even get Assessable value these numbers from!!?)

So, I ended up paying total 4498 INR customs for 7700 INR of the cost of the product which is 58% customs :mad:.

Buying multiple items from the same seller was a terrible idea as they shipped all 3 items together in one box.
I had even mentioned while ordering to ship as different packages.

I had expected the 2nd smaller item to evade customs but it was charged 66% customs duty. :(

I don't think I will be buying anything even remotely expensive from Aliexpress any more.

I ended up paying it. But, there was a little confusion on the individual parcel customs price.

I had two parcels-

So, I ended up paying total 4498 INR customs for 7700 INR of the cost of the product which is 58% customs :mad:.

Buying multiple items from the same seller was a terrible idea as they shipped all 3 items together in one box.

I had expected the 2nd smaller item to evade customs but it was charged 66% customs duty. :(

I don't think I will be buying anything even remotely expensive from Aliexpress any more.
Yes.. Never buy multiple large items form same seller. If he combines shipping...u are screwed. :(

I had two parcels-

What were these items?

I had two parcels-

The Assessment Value of Rs.4162/- (for a $38.29 item) for the second shipment is such a stinger! What kind of a product was it if you don't mind sharing?

I think I had a narrow escape because my $90 watch slipped recently without any duties. The seller had declared it as a "Gift" and at $20. On it, it was clearly written with big bold letters "Watch" under item type description.

I had two parcels-

I was recommended by an expert and a close friend of mine to buy max 2 items from same seller at the same address in one order not more! I think this is why you ended up in a soup. Another thing I have experienced (everywhere) is that while making a payment (and for the seller cracking a sale!) it is useless to make special requests like you did. They don't bother because it is inconvenience to them. Going forward I will only order max ONE ITEM from same seller to be delivered to the same address. You should do the same. Sorry to hear about your mishap. This is another reason why I only buy stuff from Ali/banggood when it is not available in India. Also I don't buy expensive items, and my expensive is anything above 3500 INR :D The long wait and the stress associated is not worth it IMHO. Cheer up! :)[DOUBLEPOST=1545357868][/DOUBLEPOST]
Now it appears before the official ruling itself our custom officials have geared up thoroughly.
Well I think it is because he clubbed multiple orders together/seller did it.

Last edited:
Took 10 days for it to be delivered from shipment arrival in India.
Capture.JPG

Second order status.. changed from Held by customs to shipment with local shipping company back and forth! Check time n date. Same. 2018-12-17 15:56:00.
5858.JPG

Last edited:
Took 10 days for it to be delivered from shipment arrival in India.
View attachment 78052

Second order status.. changed from Held by customs to shipment with local shipping company back and forth! Check time n date. Same. 2018-12-17 15:56:00.
View attachment 78053
Was customs charged? and what was the item? I am pretty sure my item got assessed for customs bcoz it came in a branded box !! Assessment value was 1700 for USD 38 item.

Was customs charged? and what was the item? I am pretty sure my item got assessed for customs bcoz it came in a branded box !! Assessment value was 1700 for USD 38 item.
Zero.[DOUBLEPOST=1545402059][/DOUBLEPOST]Latest update.. sharing tracking info across multiple tracking sites.

Ali Express main page:
Ali Main Page.jpg

Ali second page (detailed)
Ali Second Page.JPG

17 Track.
17 Track.JPG

India Post
India Post.JPG

Last edited:
Some new info/description included in the India post tracking.....It looks quite scary. The same item was purchased by another TE member who got it all right without anything, he received at the first week of December.
Item is very small Electronics but little bit.....

CKgYmSR.png

Back