Aliexpress.com - Feedback Thread

Some new info/description included in the India post tracking.....It looks quite scary. The same item was purchased by another TE member who got it all right without anything, he received at the first week of December.
Item is very small Electronics but little bit.....

CKgYmSR.png

Good thing it has already been released from Customs. This new structure for updates on India Post is weird. The Even Details section is the one that makes sense.

Let us know if duty was levied. I'm planning to order watch some straps soon.

What were these items?

The Assessment Value of Rs.4162/- (for a $38.29 item) for the second shipment is such a stinger! What kind of a product was it if you don't mind sharing?

I think I had a narrow escape because my $90 watch slipped recently without any duties. The seller had declared it as a "Gift" and at $20. On it, it was clearly written with big bold letters "Watch" under item type description.

1) 2 of 1080p POE IP Camera and a POE Switch.
2) A quad port NIC.

Some new info/description included in the India post tracking.....It looks quite scary. The same item was purchased by another TE member who got it all right without anything, he received at the first week of December.
Item is very small Electronics but little bit.....

CKgYmSR.png
What is this item? Value and how many units?

Good thing it has already been released from Customs. This new structure for updates on India Post is weird. The Even Details section is the one that makes sense.

Let us know if duty was levied. I'm planning to order watch some straps soon.

What is this item? Value and how many units?

Item is Topping D50 DAC (Ordered 26/11) and the price paid for $196.49 (14k INR) during Black Friday + Cyber Monday Deals + App Discount. Shipping is done by 12/12/2018 via Singapore Post (Aliexpress Standard Shipping)

I'm happy to report Product arrived without any problem, Below is the Shipping Label (All number and barcode are covered)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BUT, I have two Small Package which is under China Post Ordinary Small Packet Plus which I ordered during 11.11 deals are nowhere, only CAINIAO show something like this

Remainng 19 Days 8 Hours

Remaining 9 Days 13 Hours

I'm very disappointed with Aliexpress dispute.

This is what I was charged when I placed my order
upload_2018-12-25_20-30-24.png

Almost 300 bucks.

And this is just how much I received as a refund today.

upload_2018-12-25_20-39-44.png

This is unacceptable for so much of a dollar rate difference for refund.

In fact if we go by the history of dollar rates for this month even this 300 charged should had been somewhere around 270s given the product price.

upload_2018-12-25_20-41-7.png

upload_2018-12-25_20-41-44.png

upload_2018-12-25_20-42-2.png

I really dont know but does AE or the sellers charge on their some self calculated out of the world dollar rates???

This does look like a very small amount but imaging if this was for something in thousands.

I'm utterly disappointed. This happened last time as well but ignored thinking it may be the dollar rate fluctuations.

Last edited:

View attachment 78119

Almost 300 bucks.

View attachment 78120

In fact if we go by the history of dollar rates for this month even this 300 charged should had been somewhere around 270s given the product price.

View attachment 78121

View attachment 78122

View attachment 78123

I really dont know but does AE or the sellers charge on their some self calculated out of the world dollar rates???

This does look like a very small amount but imaging if this was for something in thousands.

I'm utterly disappointed. This happened last time as well but ignored thinking it may be the dollar rate fluctuations.
How come Ali to be blamed for dollar conversion blame your bank bro and not Aliexpress and the sellers.

I thought so but has govt or rbi started another such initiative of charging some commission for overseas money transfer? I doubt.
I will check with ICICI. And ask if they have their own custom rates.

If so then whats the use of nationalised $ dollar rate if every bank has its own ratio? For payment to China the amount charged is higher than national and international $ rates and while receiving the same they deduct almost 20%. Seems a scandal from ICICIs end.

Will dump ICICI for overseas transactions if this is the case.
Glad have cards for other major banks.

Cann someone comment which bank processes proper refund amount without EATING the not to be meant share.

Last edited:
AE refunds in USD only.
My HDFC bank never charges anything extra for refunds.
They even refund the forex fee for refunds.
Only the GST is not refunded.

This is not with ICICI, all bank generally charges more than the current rate (sometime to the extent of 1 to 2 rs). Even during refund the reverse this happens and once end up getting a difference of almost 3 to 4 rs

I thought american express charges less, but i was wrong. It is up to the bank anyway.

This is not with ICICI, all bank generally charges more than the current rate (sometime to the extent of 1 to 2 rs). Even during refund the reverse this happens and once end up getting a difference of almost 3 to 4 rs

I thought american express charges less, but i was wrong. It is up to the bank anyway.

AMEX and most banks charges the highest - to the tune of 3.5% and above. Lowest I have seen is with Yes and some HDFC cards - 2% and 1%

View attachment 78119

Almost 300 bucks.

View attachment 78120

View attachment 78121

View attachment 78122

View attachment 78123

Almost always, banks or in your case, ICICI will have a buy rate for the USD nearly higher than the current rate. Additionally, on top of this markup, there will be a GST. When you get a refund, they will refund you at the sell rate for the day you get it, which will always be lower than the current rate. Also, GST wont be refunded.

For example, if I buy item worth 100 USD today

1 USD to INR is ~70 INR

Amex will charge roughly a 3.5% markup. This comes to 72.45 + 0.5 GST which nearly equals 73 INR.

When refunded, you will get it for ~69.5- I got this rate from Canara bank site. No GST on this because its a refund (thank god)

So, you might buy 100 USD item for 7300 and get back 6950 only. Thats a loss of 350 INR!

Might be wrong, but others can chip in...

I got a difference of Rs 24 that too on just a chiller amount of 300bucks.
Imagine what it would have been if it was really 100$. I would had received only 60% amount.

I got a difference of Rs 24 that too on just a chiller amount of 300bucks.
Imagine what it would have been if it was really 100$. I would had received only 60% amount.
Really don't know how your are calculating, They charged u 72.49 plus 3.5% conversion, They refunded u @70.08 minus the conversion.

How it is 20% ?

With HDFC they refund you the original transaction so basically you get what u pay.

Be happy you got the refund man. We have no control on this situation.
I got my shipment today. Date ordered Dec 8th, delivered Dec 26th.

Last edited:
I went to post office for a item i was expecting yesterday and i saw soo many singapore post /china post items. Guess too many indians now ordering from abroad. Still havent got my non aliexpress packets i ordered in Oct. Dunno what to do about them although they only costed 400 Rs total.

^lol

seems like something is ****ed up in their servers. Last week I sent a parcel to gurgaon and tracking showed it was delivered to a place next to my district. however package was sent to gurgaon safely.

Back