Aliexpress.com - Feedback Thread

10 days and my packet seems to have not yet reached delhi from kolkata. Is it as good as lost now? Never had more than 3 day gap before from Kol to Delhi.

Screenshot_20190208-083615_Chrome.jpg

Guys.....To me, it looks like the promised/proposed crackdown of personal import is begun by the Indian Customs. $18 earphone charged by 700/- (40%+GST) and $59 Headphone stuck for invoice - Holly Cow.

Clearly.....Golden days of buying stuff from AE now gone :( :( :confused::confused:

That $59 Headphone, is that coming in a Letter Type shipment? Hope they didn't put it in a large box and then mark it at $5! That would definitely draw attention.

That $59 Headphone, is that coming in a Letter Type shipment? Hope they didn't put it in a large box and then mark it at $5! That would definitely draw attention.

Thank you for your valuable input.
Can you let us know what happens if the shipment is 'Letter Type' and the physical dimension is a big box like a 10-inch tablet?

Can you let us know what happens if the shipment is 'Letter Type' and the physical dimension is a big box like a 10-inch tablet?
You get caught, simple!

So now onwards it makes sense to declare everything Real except if the stuff is too small and can be easily neglected.

I think any size of shipment has the chance of getting pinched with Customs these days but a parcel with larger dimensions has a greater propensity to draw attention and thereby get the duty hammer slapped on it. Best thing to do now is to order smaller items. Even if they are expensive they have greater chances of slipping through. Letter type shipments come in tremendous numbers thus increasing the chances of the shipments being released as a lot together rather than being perused in greater detail.

I think any size of shipment has the chance of getting pinched with Customs these days but a parcel with larger dimensions has a greater propensity to draw attention and thereby get the duty hammer slapped on it. Best thing to do now is to order smaller items. Even if they are expensive they have greater chances of slipping through. Letter type shipments come in tremendous numbers thus increasing the chances of the shipments being released as a lot together rather than being perused in greater detail.

Add that all items are passed through xray scanner.
even a small objectionable object is detected, its held. eg, any kind of powder.

Hello, members if the 'Invoice Missing' appears in the status @ India Post tracking how to submit invoice?

I'm not sure but I think you have to meet them with your payment proof for the particular shipment. The place is Kolkata Foreign Post Office. Google for the address. It is open till 6PM but best time to go is during midday. Calling them is pretty pointless as they never pick up the phone according to what I have heard and read.

I have detailed my experience with Delhi customs here.

Thanks for the link, found a similar website for Kolkata Customs Also and phone number too but I highly doubt that anybody will pick up the phone during office hours.
Delhi customs may really want to help people but Kolkata Customs will definitely not.
Below is the page of Kolkata Customs http://www.kolkatacustoms.gov.in/Main/pages/contact-us

The situation I'm in right now is the same as yours and in my case, Gearbest didn't bother to inform me due to their greediness, If they informed me I immediately cancel my order and ask for the refund, instead, they go ahead and changed the shipping method of their own from 'Priority Line' to 'Registered Airmail' - I didn't even opt for shipping insurance as I trust the secure priority line as I use it many time in the past with much more valuable goods.

The only solution to go physically and that too middle of the working days - But I'm in no position of doing that at the moment.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link, found a similar website for Kolkata Customs Also and phone number too but I highly doubt that anybody will pick up the phone during office hours.
Delhi customs may really want to help people but Kolkata Customs will definitely not.
Below is the page of Kolkata Customs http://www.kolkatacustoms.gov.in/Main/pages/contact-us

The situation I'm in right now is the same as yours and in my case, Gearbest didn't bother to inform me due to their greediness, If they informed me I immediately cancel my order and ask for the refund, instead, they go ahead and changed the shipping method of their own from 'Priority Line' to 'Registered Airmail' - I didn't even opt for shipping insurance as I trust the secure priority line as I use it many time in the past with much more valuable goods.

The only solution to go physically and that too middle of the working days - But I'm in no position of doing that at the moment.

I would say don't let the parcel linger with them for too long. Make some time and go to the FPO to try and get it sorted. As you mentioned and correctly so, that it will be unlikely to reach the Kolkata Customs Babu's over the phone or emails. Delhi Customs is far more organized that way and communicating through emails actually works there.

Just look at the list of complains with shipments stewing with the Kolkata Customs Dept:
https://www.complaintboard.in/complaints-reviews/kolkata-foreign-lcao-l419347.html
https://www.complaintboard.in/complaints-reviews/kolkata-foreign-lcao-l419347.html

I would say don't let the parcel linger with them for too long. Make some time and go to the FPO to try and get it sorted. As you mentioned and correctly so, that it will be unlikely to reach the Kolkata Customs Babu's over the phone or emails. Delhi Customs is far more organized that way and communicating through emails actually works there.

Just look at the list of complains with shipments stewing with the Kolkata Customs Dept:

@Black_Hawk

Just wondering if a user let go his parcel is that mean that he somehow blacklisted (like the criminal record/prison record) himself for future custom clearance for small items of the same customs office or pan India basics?
what is your opinion about this?

Asking this because I have two small packages from Ali Ex containing 'retainer clip for car upholstery' and '5 nylon bands for wristwatch' inbound via China Small Packet Plus.
Do these two things also pile over on top of this?

@Black_Hawk

Just wondering if a user let go his parcel is that mean that he somehow blacklisted (like the criminal record/prison record) himself for future custom clearance for small items of the same customs office or pan India basics?
what is your opinion about this?

Asking this because I have two small packages from Ali Ex containing 'retainer clip for car upholstery' and '5 nylon bands for wristwatch' inbound via China Small Packet Plus.
Do these two things also pile over on top of this?

I highly doubt the Indian Postal system run such a strict, structured regime with banning, blacklisting shipments for a lack of a proper Invoice with regards to one particular shipment. Your other shipments should be fine and reach you. :)

On topic of nylon wristwatch straps, did you order NATO or Perlon straps?

Back