Aliexpress.com - Feedback Thread

Just came back from Foreign Post Office. Those who are in Kolkata can mail the invoice and bank/credit card statement to 'pad-kolcusport@gov.in' for clearance. DOn't forget to mention the tracking number.
What for those residing in other states? Will they acknowledge the emails? We have pretty bad experience dealing with Kolkata services be it govt or courier or pvt. Not to hurt anybody's sentiments though.
Seems people there have own egos and attitudes and they dont respond or even entertain those who are non bengalis and refuse to speak in eng or hindi on phone. They are spoiling their own regions name.
Bengali guys on Te are supportive enough to forget such bitter experiences.

Just came back from Foreign Post Office. Those who are in Kolkata can mail the invoice and bank/credit card statement to 'pad-kolcusport@gov.in' for clearance. DOn't forget to mention the tracking number.

This is very useful information. Is your shipment stuck with Kolkata Customs for the lack of a proper Invoice as well? Also, emailing the invoice to the address you provided, I hope it eventually gets the parcel released. How was the experience visiting the Kolkata FPO? Please do tell...

This is very useful information. Is your shipment stuck with Kolkata Customs for the lack of a proper Invoice as well? Also, emailing the invoice to the address you provided, I hope it eventually gets the parcel released. How was the experience visiting the Kolkata FPO? Please do tell...
Yes mine is stuck at Kolkata FPO. I visited around 1 PM, met someone within 5 minutes, got the clarifications. It was good.

What for those residing in other states? Will they acknowledge the emails? We have pretty bad experience dealing with Kolkata services be it govt or courier or pvt. Not to hurt anybody's sentiments though.
Seems people there have own egos and attitudes and they dont respond or even entertain those who are non bengalis and refuse to speak in eng or hindi on phone. They are spoiling their own regions name.
Bengali guys on Te are supportive enough to forget such bitter experiences.
Everybody whose consignments are stuck at Kolkata can use the e-mail. And ironically the guy I met was a non-bengali, hindi speaking one. Regarding ego I disagree. Kolkata is one of the friendliest cities.

*****Guys I checked with a friend who spoke with a seller on Ali. As per him the reason why shipments are stuck in Kolkatta is because they need to verify some code from seller before they can shit the stuff further. They (Indian pot) is not able to do it because of Chinese holidays. So hold your horses *****[DOUBLEPOST=1549923152][/DOUBLEPOST]
I highly doubt the Indian Postal system run such a strict, structured regime with banning, blacklisting shipments for a lack of a proper Invoice with regards to one particular shipment. Your other shipments should be fine and reach you. :)

On topic of nylon wristwatch straps, did you order NATO or Perlon straps?
The "invoice" is probably something they need to verify from Ali sellers who are on holidays. So sit back and relax. :)

*****Guys I checked with a friend who spoke with a seller on Ali. As per him the reason why shipments are stuck in Kolkatta is because they need to verify some code from seller before they can shit the stuff further. They (Indian pot) is not able to do it because of Chinese holidays. So hold your horses *****[DOUBLEPOST=1549923152][/DOUBLEPOST]
The "invoice" is probably something they need to verify from Ali sellers who are on holidays. So sit back and relax. :)
It is unlikely that the Customs will verify with the sellers. Sellers from China are not bound to answer any query from Indian Customs.

Today around 11:30 I send the Email to the above Email Address mentioned by TE member 'tech.addict' (Thank You) all my details which contain the Electronic Invoice as PDF format and the screenshot of 'Order Page' / 'Paypal Payment Page' / 'Bank A/C Transaction Page (Grayed Out other info)' and a page of Indiapost tracking page with the tracking of the same. All are in .JPG format. Though I'm not able to convert .PDF format to Word Doc as per Delhi FPO asked to the TE member 'nimod'

Converting PDF to Word doc, end result looks fishy.

Also, wrote a very brief text about the incident as a cover letter...Now lets hope for the best - finger crossed.

Invoice of Parcel no : RG************E

Respected Sir,

Please find the missing invoice of parcel no RG**********E as below in pdf format from the selling website Gearbest dot com. I also included a screenshot of the order page of the website, PayPal payment page, SBI Bank statement page showing the exact amount in INR as proof for your evaluation purpose. All picture attachments in.JPG format. Kindly find below.

The item is ************************************ cost $**** which is ***** in Indian Rupees.

Thank You.

I sent a mail yesterday it's about 24 hour hours now. The consignment status is same and is still not released.

I will not lose hope on this, the waiting period could be one week to a month.

Just the one queue though, the Guy who passes you the Email ID is at least sitting in a counter/table right? Not just an outsider/bystander ...Right?

Last edited:
He was clearing the packages.

Well, then It pretty much alright.
Need to wait atleast a month to expect any kind of update. Not so long ago clearing rate for normal small parcel was 3+ weeks at Kol FPO, suddenly they boost up that speed, Now these parcel need to re examine...So I don't hold by hopes very high regarding speed of clearance. Earlier that time parcel get clear only 2 or 3 days (Tue to Fri) out of 6. Also remember the update is not real time and it rather pretty slow.

He was clearing the packages.

UPDATE:
My package got released from Customs.

Wow... that was quick! Do let us know when you receive it if any duty was levied or not.

One of my shipments (non--electronic item) was also released from Customs yesterday after 6 days and was delivered to me this afternoon. It was a $54 item and the seller had undervalued it to $5 and as a Gift. No duty was charged.

Wow... that was quick! Do let us know when you receive it if any duty was levied or not.

One of my shipments (non--electronic item) was also released from Customs yesterday after 6 days and was delivered to me this afternoon. It was a $54 item and the seller had undervalued it to $5 and as a Gift. No duty was charged.
Undervaluation works most of the times provided the box is not too big. Mine was a over the ear headphone so the box size was big which attracted attention of customs.
The load at the post office is too huge and it is impossible for them check every package.

Undervaluation works most of the times provided the box is not too big. Mine was a over the ear headphone so the box size was big which attracted attention of customs.
The load at the post office is too huge and it is impossible for them check every package.
Which over the ear headphones did you order from Ali?

Back