Aliexpress.com - Feedback Thread

Any experience with DHL from china? I have ordered a car part from alibaba and shipping the seller said is DHL. Total item cost including shipping is 150$. Any idea on duty to expect? As i guess DHL will always levy duty unlike indiapost.
Assume atleast 40 to 50 percent customs and gst. Also dhl is pathetic with custom clearance but u will get package fast.

Any experience with DHL from china? I have ordered a car part from alibaba and shipping the seller said is DHL. Total item cost including shipping is 150$. Any idea on duty to expect? As i guess DHL will always levy duty unlike indiapost.

Yes, and their own handling charges as well.
be ready for a surprising bill.

I still dont understand why the sudden insufficient address thing is started? What the customs or post mean by this exactly?
We all are using same address for years on Ae unless you update.
My address is mentioned in such a detail with landmarks and markings that even a brain hammeriage or mental person will locate it easily.
happens when postman is not able to deliver.
He has to show some reason for non-delivery .
Officially, postmen are supposed to deliver articles the same day they get them in hand.
Not to worry, unless its marked RTO (Return to Origin).

Received my parcel at 23/02/2019 and customs duty paid 1792/-. Declared Value 41.67 Euro originated from Belgium - Item is a Chinese Andriod Tablet (Wi-Fi Only). Looks like duty charged according to declare value not the invoice, Didn't understand why they did the 'Missing Invoice' delay/complication....Unless they are collecting data for a record to use in future.

All screenshot (Tracking & Shipping/Duty Label are below)

61sUyRT.png

VTD1cmu.png

kwS7Ek7.png

T4R77mD.png

HTUIYn8.jpg

Received my parcel at 23/02/2019 and customs duty paid 1792/-. Declared Value 41.67 Euro originated from Belgium - Item is a Chinese Andriod Tablet (Wi-Fi Only). Looks like duty charged according to declare value not the invoice, Didn't understand why they did the 'Missing Invoice' delay/complication....Unless they are collecting data for a record to use in future.

All screenshot (Tracking & Shipping/Duty Label are below)

61sUyRT.png

VTD1cmu.png

kwS7Ek7.png

T4R77mD.png

HTUIYn8.jpg
Congratulations.

Guys my DHL packet has arrived in delhi. Got an email to upload kyc, on doing so this message has come. What code do i select ???? I made a mistake not thinking of the high duties. 50% duties will make my product price unfeasible. I should have settled for the lower version product on aliexpress now i think.

upload_2019-2-27_11-24-16.png

Last edited:
Now got the below email, so much hassle even after upload on E documents. Why physical copy need to be couriered :( :mad::mad::mad:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for shipping with FedEx.

This is to confirm that we have received the soft copies of the required Know Your Customer and other documents, for your FedEx shipment under Air Waybill number xx , and we have updated it on the FedEx systems.

To comply with the Customs’ regulation and complete this submission, please send the physical/hard copy of the submitted documents duly signed and stamped by the authorized signatory to the below address:

KYC Team
FedEx Express Transportation & Supply Chain Services (India) Private Limited,
Room no. 14, 1st Floor, EICI Building, Courier Terminal
IGI Airport New Delhi: 110037

Please send us the Domestic Air Waybill (AWB) details after you have dispatched the Know Your Customer and other documents. We will confirm the receipt of the same and close this submission. FedEx may need to archive the physical documents of your shipment, and retrieve it for future shipping requirements.

To track the status of your shipment, please visit our website www.fedex.com .

We thank you for your valued support, time and patronage.

Warm regards,

FedEx Express Transportation and Supply Chain Services (India) Private Limited

Back