Aliexpress.com - Feedback Thread

Read somewhere:
Tds has to be deposited and Tds return has to be filed by payer/buyer for each transaction if amount (forex) is paid to a non-resident (eg:AliExpress). Penalty is 1.5L for each offence.
How many of you are depositing Tds and filing Tds return (has to be filed even if Tds is 0)?
Is there a change in rules post gst?
Is anyone even aware of this rule?
I did not know about this rule. But I have been buying from Aliexpress for 2-3 years. I sometimes do put an invoice that I demand from the seller if the amount is big enough (i.e. More than 20usd roughly). Haven't filed any tds return for the same. Never know when you might come under scrutiny. Would like to know more about this rule.
But I guess this rule might be for buying and selling currencies and not for shopping.

Guys out of these 4 shipping methods which one is the most reliable ?

Yanwen Economic Air Mail

China Post Ordinary Small Packet Plus

SunYou Economic Air Mail

4PX Singapore Post OM Pro

None.
None can be tracked.

I have limited option. Other shipping method are costing more than the product. Even if it cannot be tracked which shipping methods out of the four is likely to reach its destination?
Post automatically merged:

Guys i have a problem when placing order , i made a new account just to get the 3$ coupon but when i place the order the order gets closed and amount refunded. This happened in two accounts order got closed.
I am not able to place the order. Does anyone knows why this is happening? I have placed a order before and got the 3$ coupon discount, i used the same cc i used in the first account. Could it be because i am using the same cc?

2019-09-16_234227.jpg

Last edited:
I have limited option. Other shipping method are costing more than the product. Even if it cannot be tracked which shipping methods out of the four is likely to reach its destination?

Guys i have a problem when placing order , i made a new account just to get the 3$ coupon but when i place the order the order gets closed and amount refunded. This happened in two accounts order got closed.
I am not able to place the order. Does anyone knows why this is happening? I have placed a order before and got the 3$ coupon discount, i used the same cc i used in the first account. Could it be because i am using the same cc?

View attachment 82002
They know that you are the same guy who already got the 3$ discount.

Use a new account with a new card/New PC/Phone /Different IP.

View attachment 82002

Delivery of untracked packet depends on will power of your local post office.

You are right about your cc.

Has anyone raised a dispute on Ali Express on the basis of High Customs by selecting Customs Problem in their dispute section? If so, what is the best way of going about it and getting a refund?

Has anyone raised a dispute on Ali Express on the basis of High Customs by selecting Customs Problem in their dispute section? If so, what is the best way of going about it and getting a refund?
Technically it is your problem. You not paying customs is not the sellers problem and hence I don't see how you can get any refund for this.

They won't do anything in case of high customs. They are not responsible for it.

Technically it is your problem. You not paying customs is not the sellers problem and hence I don't see how you can get any refund for this.
How come Ali express liable for it ?
They won't do anything in case of high customs. They are not responsible for it.
I understand that. But if I reject a package and it gets sent back to the source, the seller should refund the amount minus shipping?

It's a 99.9% chance that the package wont be sent back to the seller. Just do the right thing by paying customs and accept the package.

So I finally received the package today and they had levied a customs duty of Rs.1,362/- on an item worth $20? It just doesn’t make sense. I refused to accept the package and now I plan to approach the Delhi Customs Office with a letter. I would’ve paid the duty if it were 500-600, but how can there be 100% duty on sunglasses? This is just tax terrorism.

Has anyone been in a similar situation before? Or how can I effectively resolve this issue?

I've used the Customs department online duty calculator and it comes to Rs.615/-. They've levied Rs.932 as IGST? I have no clue how they came to that calculator. It is 18% of the total amount after customs.

If you want to take chance and make efforts, make an appeal to customs charged. @benryu had done it while he bought MK808 TV stick from China.

It's a 99.9% chance that the package wont be sent back to the seller. Just do the right thing by paying customs and accept the package.
Accepting the package does not make sense since the duty levied is higher than the amount I paid for the item.
If you want to take chance and make efforts, make an appeal to customs charged. @benryu had done it while he bought MK808 TV stick from China.
Thanks for the suggestion. I did submit a letter requesting reassessment about 2 weeks ago but have not heard a word from them since. Maybe I'll have to personally go there and follow up with the officials. I did talk to someone senior in the department and I found out that they took the value of the item three times the amount I paid. They have a very rudimentary method of checking the value of items. Their inspector randomly checks the value online via a simple search and takes the value to be the first seen without really matching the product or the company.

Thanks for tagging Benryul, I shall PM him.

Accepting the package does not make sense since the duty levied is higher than the amount I paid for the item.

Thanks for the suggestion. I did submit a letter requesting reassessment about 2 weeks ago but have not heard a word from them since. Maybe I'll have to personally go there and follow up with the officials. I did talk to someone senior in the department and I found out that they took the value of the item three times the amount I paid. They have a very rudimentary method of checking the value of items. Their inspector randomly checks the value online via a simple search and takes the value to be the first seen without really matching the product or the company.

Thanks for tagging Benryul, I shall PM him.
You can provide them the transaction details and order details where the price would be mentioned.
Also I heard someone who bought watch from AliEx showed bank/credit card statement against that order (he had only 1 item in the order) and he was charged customs based on order price!
Also the declared value on package matched the actual order value from what I remember.

You can provide them the transaction details and order details where the price would be mentioned.
Also I heard someone who bought watch from AliEx showed bank/credit card statement against that order (he had only 1 item in the order) and he was charged customs based on order price!

I had to do the same when I got a love letter from customs. Went there with CC statement and invoice, they caculated the customs right then and there adn told me it would cost so and so. Next day the postman came to my place and delivered the package, I had to pay the calculated customs duty and 30rs additional handling charges for India Post.

Anyone here who's AE package stuck and "Awaiting presentation to customs commissioner" at Kolkata FPO? No matter how low and how small package is......
As of now, I have three all are low-value item which is stuck 7/09, 11/09, 17/09 respectively....

It is like becoming a Black Hole - All goes in...

Below the screenshots.

HwC0iDW.png

aG0Fjn3.png

Yj1pQPf.png

Last edited:
Back