Aliexpress.com - Feedback Thread

I had to do the same when I got a love letter from customs. Went there with CC statement and invoice, they caculated the customs right then and there adn told me it would cost so and so. Next day the postman came to my place and delivered the package, I had to pay the calculated customs duty and 30rs additional handling charges for India Post.

Yes, it was me. I had a shipment from Creationwatches Singapore that had an Orient watch. It got stuck with Customs with the status "CN22 Missing or Inappropriate". The package remained like that for 3 days. I then emailed the Invoice from Creationwatches, the Credit Card statement showing the amount of the transaction (other areas greyed out) along with a cover letter to Kolkata Customs. The email for Kolkata Customs is: pad-kolcusport@gov.in

Post that point after 2-3 days, my shipment was released by Kolkata Customs along with 42% Customs Duty (42% on Declared Value). In this case the Declared Value on the package was same as the Invoice ( $167 SGD).

Here are the relevant screenshots showing that the tracking status, the CN22 form that was indeed attached, the Customs Duty Slip which came along with the shipment. (I had to pay the duty when the local Postman came to deliver my shipment):

Customs-Parcel-Tracking-2.jpg

DSCF7498.jpg

CN22 Form with Full Declared Value.

DSCF7500.jpg

Customs Duty Slip showing the amount I paid (Rs.3,656/-) at the time of delivery to my local Postman.
Post automatically merged:

@dissel : Yes, I have 3 shipments. All 3 of them are in the queue in Kolkata Customs with the status "Retention Reason: Awaiting Presentation to Customs Commissioner". Two of them since last week have been showing that same status without any change or updates. All the shipments are below $20 (USD).

What's worse is, India Post website is not working properly and half of the time the shipping details aren't loading completely as can be seen from the screenshot below:

Capture.jpg

Looks like Kolkata Customs has huge parcel load and is taking their own sweet time to clear them. The wait is very frustration. In the months of April-May I remember receiving my AliExpress shipments from Kolkata Customs within 12-13 days flat.

Last edited:
Yes, it was me. I had a shipment from Creationwatches Singapore that had an Orient watch. It got stuck with Customs with the status "CN22 Missing or Inappropriate". The package remained like that for 3 days. I then emailed the Invoice from Creationwatches, the Credit Card statement showing the amount of the transaction (other areas greyed out) along with a cover letter to Kolkata Customs. The email for Kolkata Customs is: pad-kolcusport@gov.in

@dissel : Yes, I have 3 shipments. All 3 of them are in the queue in Kolkata Customs with the status "Retention Reason: Awaiting Presentation to Customs Commissioner". Two of them since last week have been showing that same status without any change or updates. All the shipments are below $20 (USD).

Are you both from Kolkata? FWIW I got my packages cleared from Blore customs and it hasnt been a hassle.

What's worse is, India Post website is not working properly and half of the time the shipping details aren't loading completely as can be seen from the screenshot below:

Looks like Kolkata Customs has huge parcel load and is taking their own sweet time to clear them. The wait is very frustration. In the months of April-May I remember receiving my AliExpress shipments from Kolkata Customs within 12-13 days flat.

Thanks for the confirmation, My concern here Are they (Custom Dept) making some kind of Data / Profile for individuals so that they can impose a customs duty in future for each and every item / per individuals.....even it's value hundred rupees.

Yep - Absolutely agree, March To June of 2019 which is also election time, Custom Clearance Rate of Kolkata FPO is of it's the best, Like if the package received by FPO Monday, It cleared by Thursday with eyes closed......Golden Days.

Are you both from Kolkata? FWIW I got my packages cleared from Blore customs and it hasnt been a hassle.

When you order from websites like Creationwatches, very high chances you will end up paying duty. I also know friends who use this website and although sometimes your shipment might slip the scanner but most times, not so much and you'll end up paying duty. With watches (other than AliExpress watches) Indian Customs is particularly vicious. They will charge a full 42% Duty on them. Creationwatches even mention the source country of the watch (eg, Japan for Orient and Seiko) so this makes it a easy prey. I have come to terms with the duty part of it by now, I know watches are my hobby so I will have to shell out more often than not.

With watches from AliExpress, I haven't had to pay duty, ever. Even for watches worth 8-9k. :)
Post automatically merged:

Thanks for the confirmation, My concern here Are they (Custom Dept) making some kind of Data / Profile for individuals so that they can impose a customs duty in future for each and every item / per individuals.....even it's value hundred rupees.

Yep - Absolutely agree, March To June of 2019 which is also election time, Custom Clearance Rate of Kolkata FPO is of it's the best, Like if the package received by FPO Monday, It cleared by Thursday with eyes closed......Golden Days.

I think most people with their shipments coming through Kolkata Customs (Kolkata CED) are facing this issue presently. We can only speculate reasons but waiting is the only game we need to play at this time. I would only send Invoice and Payment Details for a shipment if any of the 3 reasons pop up in the tracking status of your shipment and even after a week there is no additional update of it being released and also if you really care about having it:

Retention Reason: Invoice Missing.

Retention Reason: CN22/23 Missing or Inappropriate.

Retention Reason: Other

There might be more status variants. These are the ones I'm familiar with.

The last update I got for one of my shipments was last Thursday so hoping for some kind of update today. I'll post back at the day's end. Keeping finger's crossed.

Last edited:
Anyone here who's AE package stuck and "Awaiting presentation to customs commissioner" at Kolkata FPO? No matter how low and how small package is......
As of now, I have three all are low-value item which is stuck 7/09, 11/09, 17/09 respectively....

It is like becoming a Black Hole - All goes in...

Below the screenshots.

HwC0iDW.png

aG0Fjn3.png

Yj1pQPf.png

Three packages at once.
You must be in their special invitees list now!!

Check this post by @Black_Hawk:

Three packages at once.
You must be in their special invitees list now!!

Check this post by @Black_Hawk:

Hi my friend! I still recollect your support and help during those days I was so worried about the shipment from Creationwatches, Singapore.

About the 3 shipments, haha... they have lying with them. All are small parcels, nothing of significance. Even if they don't release them I wouldn't be too bothered LoL! China Post takes so much time anyways.

I generally ensure that all my AE shipments are sent by SingPost. If the seller does not offer SingPost I either find another seller or message the seller asking for SingPost and pay additional shipping charges. My experience has been that most shipment via SingPost arrive within 15 days including customs clearance.

On a different topic, I once had some gardening books and organic micro nutrients shipped from USA. I spoke to the seller and asked him to fill in the correct harmonization code in the packing slip/shipping label for the books and the organic micro nutrient fertilizers. As organic fertilizers are duty free I was only charged duty on the books. The lesson here is that if we do our ground work properly by listing the correct harmonization codes etc it makes it easy for the customs officials to pick the correct duty rate and quicker clearance.

To All Experienced Member who deal with Successful AE Dispute in the past - Please let me know as this is my first time

What To Do - Orderd one item 20-06-2019, Seller entered a Shipping number which is not even trackable 17 track website - Then seller extended two times of delivery timeline which will be going to end tomorrow i,e 20-09-2019.

So Today I open for a dispute

Proposal: Refund

Comments: I didn't receive my ordered item at the time of this writing. it is now nearly 2 month 30 days passed in Total of 90 Days gone - There is no trace of this product as of now, In this case, I like to have my refund.

To counter This Seller Wrote --

Proposal: No return & No refund

Comments: Dear friend ,we seen that you had open a dispute for refund ,can you please cancel the dispute and tell us what wrong with the products ,we will help you solve the problem .

Below the screenshot, I'm attaching to for better understanding, Please suggest what to do ?

9LGbveR.png

To All Experienced Member who deal with Successful AE Dispute in the past - Please let me know as this is my first time

What To Do - Orderd one item 20-06-2019, Seller entered a Shipping number which is not even trackable 17 track website - Then seller extended two times of delivery timeline which will be going to end tomorrow i,e 20-09-2019.

Comments: I didn't receive my ordered item at the time of this writing. it is now nearly 2 month 30 days passed in Total of 90 Days gone - There is no trace of this product as of now, In this case, I like to have my refund.

Comments: Dear friend ,we seen that you had open a dispute for refund ,can you please cancel the dispute and tell us what wrong with the products ,we will help you solve the problem .

Below the screenshot, I'm attaching to for better understanding, Please suggest what to do ?

9LGbveR.png
Just reject the seller's proposal.
Add a screenshot of the tracking of the product as evidence. And wait for Aliexpress to intervene. The judgment will mostly be made in your favour.

9LGbveR.png

Just be firm and insist on a refund. \seller will play with you, dont fall for it.

Just be firm and insist on a refund. \seller will play with you, dont fall for it.

Just reject the seller's proposal.
Add a screenshot of the tracking of the product as evidence. And wait for Aliexpress to intervene. The judgment will mostly be made in your favor.

Thank You For The Reply....

My question Do I need to reject seller proposal by clicking the 'Reject' Button or Just wait till AE Steps In?
I'm confused as it may show lack of sincerity/carelessness or otherwise desperation to get money back...

17 track just shows one line 'Info unavailable, we can't identify your number yet ' from the day 1 - So I doubt it is evidence.

Thank You For The Reply....

My question Do I need to reject seller proposal by clicking the 'Reject' Button or Just wait till AE Steps In?
I'm confused as it may show lack of sincerity/carelessness or otherwise desperation to get money back...

17 track just shows one line 'Info unavailable, we can't identify your number yet ' from the day 1 - So I doubt it is evidence.
It is evidence. And yes reject the proposal.
I've been down this road. Some sellers use sneaky tricks and don't ship the order at all. Just upload the screenshot and wait.

@dissel : Did you receive any updates today for your shipments with Kolkata Customs? Mine got none as you can see below:

Capture.jpg

No updates since the 12th :(

On a slightly positive note though, the India Post website is working as it should now and the tracking status is loading without hiccups.

Dunn let your thoughts go in that area. Simply reject; you should get refund. Something similar happened to me, at the end got refund successfully.

@dissel : Did you receive any updates today for your shipments with Kolkata Customs? Mine got none as you can see below:

No updates since the 12th :(

On a slightly positive note though, the India Post website is working as it should now and the tracking status is loading without hiccups.

I'm quite happy to report one of the shipment which is held since 07/09 got clear yesterday around 02:44 PM, After writing the post here - Pure Coincidence.
Looks normal as of now as per tracking - Let see, will report back if any charge impose.

Other two are the same.

zZ7yuNx.png

I'm quite happy to report one of the shipment which is held since 07/09 got clear yesterday around 02:44 PM, After writing the post here - Pure Coincidence.
Looks normal as of now as per tracking - Let see, will report back if any charge impose.

Other two are the same.

zZ7yuNx.png

Wow... so they have cleared the lot from the 07/09 period, that too after 12 days of wait! Maybe the next lot of clearance will have my shipments then. Lets see.

Experienced Aliexpress buyers, need a little suggestion. I am looking to buy some cheap watches from Aliexpress, I am personally a fan of chronograph watches. Can you guys suggest some brands on Aliexpress which make good quality chronograph watches on Aliexpress but are not super expensive.

Experienced Aliexpress buyers, need a little suggestion. I am looking to buy some cheap watches from Aliexpress, I am personally a fan of chronograph watches. Can you guys suggest some brands on Aliexpress which make good quality chronograph watches on Aliexpress but are not super expensive.

I think @Black_Hawk is the right person to ask.

And this YT Channel may help - Look For Chinees Special, Though his review mainly on Automatic Mechanical Watch, but I think he also look for one/two AE Chronograph Watch....Which comes with Japanese Myota at it's core.

Back