Aliexpress.com - Feedback Thread

Anybody noticed the 'More Information' part of the India Post Tracking page is not there anymore...

Is it just only me or similar for everyone?

Yes, that section has changed and the "More Information" collapsible section has completely been done away with. I think why they got rid off it was because it was causing their tracking site to become terribly slow and wobbly. Guess now that's it's more concise it works better. Although that is debatable since I still get long loading times when I search tracking details of a shipment. Moreover, they have also been deleting shipping updates intermittently to keep the tracking details very brief and on-point. I have noticed it.

Meanwhile, coming to Clearance. A shipment of mine worth $135 got released. It came through China Post Registered Mail and was released within a day of it being presented to Kolkata Customs. No duty was levied. And to think of it, I paid 1.1k Customs Duty a few days back on a $35 shipment! Go figure! :rolleyes:

Yes, that section has changed and the "More Information" collapsible section has completely been done away with. I think why they got rid off it was because it was causing their tracking site to become terribly slow and wobbly. Guess now that's it's more concise it works better. Although that is debatable since I still get long loading times when I search tracking details of a shipment. Moreover, they have also been deleting shipping updates intermittently to keep the tracking details very brief and on-point. I have noticed it.

Meanwhile, coming to Clearance. A shipment of mine worth $135 got released. It came through China Post Registered Mail and was released within a day of it being presented to Kolkata Customs. No duty was levied. And to think of it, I paid 1.1k Customs Duty a few days back on a $35 shipment! Go figure! :rolleyes:
Nice. What was it?

Anyone brought lithium-ion batteries from Aliexpress?

I am eyeing an ipad pro battery (battery model A1577)
NO one has it around. Apple will charge a bomb.

Looks like we all will have to face some troubles. From yesterday, the govt has decided to stop the import of the parcels marked as "gift" to curb the imports from China.
Gifts will have to be paid for applicable duty. I just hope they are not sent back.
If only the govt could start charging a more reasonable customs duty. The way I see it, if the local producers can't compete even after an import duty of 25-30% and cheaper labour etc then they are just incompetent.

Looks like we all will have to face some troubles. From yesterday, the govt has decided to stop the import of the parcels marked as "gift" to curb the imports from China.
Gifts will have to be paid for applicable duty. I just hope they are not sent back.
If only the govt could start charging a more reasonable customs duty. The way I see it, if the local producers can't compete even after an import duty of 25-30% and cheaper labour etc then they are just incompetent.
How far will we take our protectionism? and someone should ask why?

We need to be pragmatic at some point. Local markets are utilitarian, restrained and we cannot change that by curbing imports if there is no aptitude or incentive to begin with here.

How far will we take our protectionism? and someone should ask why?

We need to be pragmatic at some point. Local markets are utilitarian, restrained and we cannot change that by curbing imports if there is no aptitude or incentive to begin with here.
Chinese are de- valuing themselves I mean their currency so that they can be stable
But as prices rise in international markets what happens then?

Hi Guys,

I ordered 8 items during 11.11 sale.

4 of them were abive 25 usd.

I have received 5 of above 8 items.
1st untrackable item arrived within 10 days (3 usd price)
2nd tracked item worth 30 usd arrived in 20 days and tracking never got updated even after delivery.

3rd item worth 110 usd arrived in 25 days but with 950 rs customs

4th item without tracking also seemed to have arrived but not yet checked.

Remaining 4 items are still awaited and 1 of them is stuck with customs.

Anyone brought lithium-ion batteries from Aliexpress?

I am eyeing an ipad pro battery (battery model A1577)
NO one has it around. Apple will charge a bomb.

I strongly doubt this will not come to India, Loose Battery shipping is prohibited - you will get your money back.

Govt will squeeze every ounce of Blood (Money) from the system to run this country and fund their upcoming projects.

Looks like soon Aliexpress shopping with cheap pricing will be the end of an era.

GATI stuff has magically appeared and the icing on the cake is no Duty for the camera monitor which looked like a given. Now just 1 package left from 11.11 which has some cables which again aren;t available here..

Aliexpress is so tempting to buy stuff but I've realised I have started buying a lot of junk so need to defintely curb that

Bought a satellite phone dock with antenna worth $320 . Told dealer to send in 2 packages . Hopefully comes out with no or less duty . Told him to mark it as Mobile phone charger dock
Ordered 5 items in 11.11 . Received 3 , still waiting for 2 whose shipment update is still shipped by airline . No duty on any . were basically small items like Phone cases and screen guards
August had ordered 3 solar mobile charger with 3 solar plates each worth $40 , they also came with no duty whereas they were big packages , size of a laptop
Satellite phone dock -
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000392069032.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.40694c4dE0ixrI
Solar chargers -
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32850873209.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.40694c4dE0ixrI
Car Inverter 12V 220V -
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32871146094.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4drHVxBx

solar chargers - ALLPOWERS has best performance
links for potential buyers

Last edited:
I strongly doubt this will not come to India, Loose Battery shipping is prohibited - you will get your money back.

Govt will squeeze every ounce of Blood (Money) from the system to run this country and fund their upcoming projects.

Looks like soon Aliexpress shopping with cheap pricing will be the end of an era.
You seem to have little to no knowledge about trade deficit and how it affects the economy.

Awrite, awrite... lets not get into who knows what, challenging one another about their depth of knowledge and derail the thread.

Looks like these days, more than ever... Customs Duty is a huge hit or miss.

Well, I'm not letting duty act as a deterrant so I just ordered a small volume controller pod for my music PC. :)

@dissel : Mate, you had a shipment stuck with Kolkata Customs, did it get released? Did you receive it? It's been quite a while and you didn't post any updates regarding it here like you do usually so thought of asking you...

Any one has experience or feedback with EMS shipping . Generally all my packages to to Kolkatta but this one going to Mumbai
So shipped with EMS attracts more duty ?

Back