AliExpress Deals Thread

Any good 105mm headphone pads?

I added this to my cart: link @4.01 x2 + 1.99 shipping, total of $10.91 (~Rs 800) for 2 pairs of PU leather headphone pads.

Any idea which size pads will fit Sony MDR V6 ?
On the Brainwavz site it says
Code:
Thickness: 20mm | Height: 100mm | Width: 75mm

Inner Hole: 60mm x 32mm

All the pics show it as an oval shaped headphone pad. So you will need to buy those oval shaped 100mm x 75mm pads.

On Amazon india @999

Almost similar specs on Amazon

On Aliexpress

I usually look at feedback to see if there is change in sound stage before buying. I got 2 velor ear pads 2 years back and they made the sound even harsher. Bass died in half in my old headphones. And the plastic leather coating deteriorates into small pieces after sometime just like in all other ear pads.

Is buying MI Box from Aliexpress a good idea? Price is around 4.2k for MI box 3 2Gb ddr3 ram 8 Gb emmc storage android 8.0 OS. Why MI still using ddr3 ram? Seller Xiaomi MC store.

Is buying MI Box from Aliexpress a good idea? Price is around 4.2k for MI box 3 2Gb ddr3 ram 8 Gb emmc storage android 8.0 OS. Why MI still using ddr3 ram? Seller Xiaomi MC store.

Beware, This item has high chances of getting in hands of customs.
A friend had to pay almost the purchase value as custom duty.

I want to buy a small DAC (~$100) from AliExpress and was wondering what shipping method to use.

China Post, 27-40 days Free
Singapore Post, 21-40 days, Free
Seller's Shipping Method, 27-49 days. Free
Fedex IE, 10-18 days, $4.95
AliExpress Premium Shipping, 18-28 days, $6.23
FexEx Express, 11-19 days, $20.58

Everything else (including EMS) is quoted at > $50.

How is customs with FedEx IE? Don't mind paying $5 if it comes a little early. I haven't used FedEx, but my customs experience with DHL has been rather bad.

How are China, Singapore and AliExpress shipping routed? Do they come through our Indian postal service? (i.e. Museum Road in Bangalore).

Last edited:
I want to buy a small DAC (~$100) from AliExpress and was wondering what shipping method to use.

China Post, 27-40 days Free
Singapore Post, 21-40 days, Free
Seller's Shipping Method, 27-49 days. Free
Fedex IE, 10-18 days, $4.95
AliExpress Premium Shipping, 18-28 days, $6.23
FexEx Express, 11-19 days, $20.58

Everything else (including EMS) is quoted at > $50.

How is customs with FedEx IE? Don't mind paying $5 if it comes a little early. I haven't used FedEx, but my customs experience with DHL has been rather bad.

How are China, Singapore and AliExpress shipping routed? Do they come through our Indian postal service? (i.e. Museum Road in Bangalore).

China post & Singapore post will use Indian post for final delivery. If the packet size is small, high chances of get hitting the customs. 10-15 days for delivery.
Fedex will surely handover product to customs for clearance. High chances of addition of custom duty + high handling fee by fedex itself. 1 week for delivery.
I have no Idea about Aliexpress premium. You must ask the seller.

I have placed order for 8Bitdo adapters to use with Nintendo Switch. This will help using my DS4 controllers on Switch. Thanks @ravihpa for suggesting it.

Pulled the trigger on a $200 Dac. Shipped by SG post.

The price on Amazon.com is $250. The difference should cover the custom fees :)

Topping D50

Thank you for the reply,
Please share the custom duty charges (if any) when you received the product, Always wanted to order SMSL product from Ali X but never got the courage to do so.

BTW...Congrats for the product, dual 9038 M

Ideal custom duty will be below 5k.

Last edited:
Thank you for the reply,
Please share the custom duty charges (if any) when you received the product, Always wanted to order SMSL product from Ali X but never got the courage to do so.

BTW...Congrats for the product, dual 9038 M

Ideal custom duty will be below 5k.

Sure. Will do.

Topping seemed to be a better value than SMSL. The equivalent SMSL, m8, apparently has only one 9038 (not sure how it will translate into real results). It looks like the front screen cannot be dimmed.

Anyway Topping decided to announce D70 the day I ordered :) I have always wanted to own a chinese AK44xx dac, so that is good news. SMSL Sanskrit 10th looks cheap and M9 is too expensive (and I don't like built in head amps, esp on desktop DACs).

EDIT: Just checked the measurements. M8 and D50 measurements are similar.

Last edited:
Sure. Will do.

Topping seemed to be a better value than SMSL. The equivalent SMSL, m8, apparently has only one 9038 (not sure how it will translate into real results). It looks like the front screen cannot be dimmed.

Anyway Topping decided to announce D70 the day I ordered :) I have always wanted to own a chinese AK44xx dac, so that is good news. SMSL Sanskrit 10th looks cheap and M9 is too expensive (and I don't like built in head amps, esp on desktop DACs).

EDIT: Just checked the measurements. M8 and D50 measurements are similar.

As you state M8A got single 9038Q2M not dual so instead of investing in that I got this https://www.khadas.com/tone which even less than half of M8A and only missing thing 'optical in' and of course power from USB.

Isn't Sabre better than AKM ?

Back