Laptops Almost bought a laptop, last minute revision

Speedz

Adept
Well i placed an order for Sony Vaio VPCCW26FG in white colour.The config is as follows:

-Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit (English Version)

-Intel® Core™ i5-520M Processor 2.40 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 2.93 GHz*1

-4 GB DDR3 SDRAM

-Hard Disk Drive 500 GB(Serial ATA, 5400 rpm)

-NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 330M GPU with CUDA™ Technology 512 MB GDDR3 SDRAM

Now i have paid a 1000 rupees order token only and will be picking it up for Rs 56,800/-

Why i am picking it is cause i need a laptop urgently, vaio looks good, and is pretty much the best proccy + gpu combo for my budget.

EDIT: The GT 330 M is marginally better performer than GT 240M, slightly slower than the 4650.

Anything essentially wrong with this , so that i should cancel the order?

Sony is one of the most reliable brands in laptop segment. If you have already ordered, you better track the order and not this thread :)

that config looks really good. Enjoy the mobility :)

Nice configuration for that price. There may be similar configs with a bit lesser cost. But considering you've already paid 1000/- plus its a sony, go ahead with the purchase. :)

Price seems to be little high

Cheap Sony Vaio VPCCW26FG sales India | Sony Vaio VPCCW26FG Themes | Sony Vaio VPCCW26FG Laptop review

Even gadget guru has it for Rs.56159.

Stores like Delta in chennai offer 5% discount on MRP of Sony Vaio's.

So MRP. 57990-2899.5 ~55090.5 ~55k

So try bargaining a little. If you are getting freebies like carry bag, mouse etc.. for 56.8k then the price is fine.

If it is sony world they sell at MRP only i guess. But as u can get a 5% in Chennai you can get it in Mumbai too from retailers.

sony is overpriced but worth the premium i believe.

it comes with good build quality and the service centers are really quick in replacing or repairing anything that might go wrong with your laptop.

excellent config and looks like an excellent laptop.

we all expect a review!!!!

Thanks for your views guys.. makes me feel the purchase is worth it.

@sohail99 :Buddy the 330M is pretty decent for gaming, which is a secondary need for the laptop. Plus the only better card in the price range is 4650 which is only a tad faster.

@Karthi007 : Dealers at lamington are infact giving me a 6-7% discount but my dad doesn't care too much about it, he would prefer a well known dealers bill (in this case Sony Centre) over the 2k approx gain, plus i am getting a targus carry bag free thats why picking this.

@sunny27 : Review will be up for sure man!!

Speedz said:
Thanks for your views guys.. makes me feel the purchase is worth it.
@Karthi007 : Dealers at lamington are infact giving me a 6-7% discount but my dad doesn't care too much about it, he would prefer a well known dealers bill (in this case Sony Centre) over the 2k approx gain, plus i am getting a targus carry bag free thats why picking this.

Yup some ppl prefer the sony world :)
Sony has a very good brand image of producing top quality stuff. VAIO is one of them :)

All the best with the purchase. Congrats man. :D

dont wanna stretch the topic and confusion,

But all I wanna say is this is an awesome config and quite decently priced.

AFAIK, Core i5-520 with GT330 M will fulfill all your graphics needs.

@Karthi, looks like it's time to update your mid-level gaming laptop list in your laptop guide.

Back