Almost finalized config for 32k

Anubis said:
Very simple bro

Just use the table icon around the text you want to create a table with

Its just on the right of SPOIL icon

Yeah that is what I said , its always better to keep some headroom for future upgrades

Power efficient + silent = WD 64MB Green

Performance + silent + cooler functioning = Seagate 1 TB 7200.12

WD green can never be a performance HDD... But a great dump drive indeed..

not talking about performance though.
7200.12 1TB shall yield average data transfer speed in 90-100MBps range on HDTach / HDTune while WD green (32MB) scores around 60MBps range.

haven't actually seen 64cache drive benchies.. but i plan to get one soon.

all that apart.. the aftersales has gotten worse for seagate. customer needs to register with AccelFrontline etc before creating an rma... and the slashed down the warranty terms on top of it.
in that case it would be better to opt for WD Blue 500 for OS + WD Green 500 for data dump.. overall cost will be 4.5k

St.John said:
Radeon 5770 may not match the 4890 in fps performance, but instead you get DX 11 and eyefinity support (Future- proofing !!! )... And anyways the difference is not much... 3-5 fps is not that noticeable else you want just the bragging rights...

Plus, 5770 is not a power-monger like the 4890, with temps being much lower.. I'd suggest you go with Radeon 5770 or the Radeon 5830/5850 if you can shell out 3-5 grands more...

Dream on noob

Ati 5770 can't even beat ATI 4870 , let alon ATi 4890 . I'll show you the difference between ATI 5770 and ATI 4890 .

20451.png

20457.png

20460.png

20463.png

Do you want more ? I have got more.

4-5fps difference huh ? I think you should go the doctor for an eye chekup. If 10-15fps appears as 4-5fps difference , then I think you definitely need specs. If you have specs , I think you need two of them now

If you can see the difference but just want to ignore the difference because you feel your ATI 5770 rocks then its ok . No harm in that , I can understand the pain you are feeling

Otherwise , NEVER EVER drag ATI 4890 in comparison to ATI 5770

If power is what you want , then power is what you have to give.

You can say ATI 4890 is power hungry than ATi 5770 , its ok but don't weave your fantasies in reality , specially in TE

Mephistopheles said:
5770 is a notch behind 4870, but comparing it with a 4890 is just mental.

Yeah man , seriously . I was very angry and nearly exploded after seeing this noob compare ATI 4890 with ATI 5770 and statings only 3-5fps difference

I know , after seeing these benches , he retract his statement by saying it was a typo and he meant ATI 4870

@Anubis:

Nice analysis back there, regarding the HD4890 vs. the HD5770. Could you give us the link for that article.

asingh said:
@Anubis:

Nice analysis back there, regarding the HD4890 vs. the HD5770. Could you give us the link for that article.

You can google it.

And can I have a link for your avatar, in a bigger reso? :)

Anubis said:
Yeah man , seriously . I was very angry and nearly exploded after seeing this noob compare ATI 4890 with ATI 5770 and statings only 3-5fps difference

I know , after seeing these benches , he retract his statement by saying it was a typo and he meant ATI 4870

Lol.

Wow !!! That's how you get a beating for being a noob.. didn't know there were so many 4890 fans here... I apologize for hurting the feelings of so many radeon 4890 fans.. Anyways... I am not saying that it was a typo, but reading tomshardware.com review about the 5770 where until and unless a Computer Game had minimal graphics requirements (except Arkham Asylum) the maximum fps difference 4890 was able to manage was 10 fps...

here is the link Anubis...

Radeon HD 5770 And 5750 Review: Gentlemen, Start Your HTPCs : Introduction

And for you Mephistopheles & Anubis here is the extract from the Review if you think that even 4870 is a better buy over 5770.

"The second group of folks is upgrading from older graphics technology, or perhaps even building a first system. They don’t have a good point of reference, so they’re seeing Radeon HD 5770/5750, Radeon HD 4870, and GeForce GTX 260 on the shelf next to each other for the first time. Available for $145 online, and with consistently better performance than the 5770, ATI’s Radeon HD 4870 remains a good buy. But paying an extra $15 for Eyefinity, bitstreaming, and the promise of DirectX 11 should really be a no-brainer."

And that was my point eventually..

Anyways thanks Anubis & Mephistopheles for your retorts and valuable response... Take a chill pill !!!!

And FYI... If you can notice the difference between 70 fps & 80 fps, you must have the eyesight equivalent to an Eagle or Owl because only they can actually infer from that kind of FPS...

Human perception stops at 65 fps, over that well it's just Benchmarks and bragging rights, which I think you are pretty good at !!!

Cheers !!!

St.John said:
Wow !!! That's how you get a beating for being a noob.. didn't know there were so many 4890 fans here... I apologize for hurting the feelings of so many radeon 4890 fans.. Anyways... I am not saying that it was a typo, but reading tomshardware.com review about the 5770 where until and unless a Computer Game had minimal graphics requirements (except Arkham Asylum) the maximum fps difference 4890 was able to manage was 10 fps...

here is the link Anubis...

Radeon HD 5770 And 5750 Review: Gentlemen, Start Your HTPCs : Introduction

And for you Mephistopheles & Anubis here is the extract from the Review if you think that even 4870 is a better buy over 5770.

"The second group of folks is upgrading from older graphics technology, or perhaps even building a first system. They don’t have a good point of reference, so they’re seeing Radeon HD 5770/5750, Radeon HD 4870, and GeForce GTX 260 on the shelf next to each other for the first time. Available for $145 online, and with consistently better performance than the 5770, ATI’s Radeon HD 4870 remains a good buy. But paying an extra $15 for Eyefinity, bitstreaming, and the promise of DirectX 11 should really be a no-brainer."

And that was my point eventually..

Anyways thanks Anubis & Mephistopheles for your retorts and valuable response... Take a chill pill !!!!

And FYI... If you can notice the difference between 70 fps & 80 fps, you must have the eyesight equivalent to an Eagle or Owl because only they can actually infer from that kind of FPS...

Human perception stops at 65 fps, over that well it's just Benchmarks and bragging rights, which I think you are pretty good at !!!

Cheers !!!

Firstly brother , I respect your sentiments that Tomshardware is GOD . I had been there , done that so I'll give you some free advice now

There something more valuable than anything else in the world ie Rokra , aka Money

Tomshardware had been posting several biased and incorrect reviews from a long time

Some are exceptionally good and all others are bogus . Mostly all reviews are biased reviews

And don't qoute false facts blinded by Tomshardware . I never ever once said ATI 5770 was not a worthy upgrade . It was you who dragged ATI 4890 with ATI 5770 . NEVER EVER drag ATI 4890 with ATI 5770

To your first answer , I think you need to go back to Class 1 to learn substraction

20451.png

Difference : 16 fps

20457.png

Difference : 13 fps

20463.png

Difference : 25 fps

Where is 10 fps difference ?

A Win is a Win , be it by 1 fps or 25 fps . Either you win or loose , there's nothing in between . Got it ?

And try to accept your fault of misquoting , manipulating and exaggerating facts

Anubis, ha ha ha.... really you got to start taking a chill pill !!!! maybe one everyday !!!

Did you notice something.. you so called champ 4890 pulls ahead only when the GPU demand of the game is absolutely minimal.. L4D (he he he !!!), Why don't you have a look at the Crysis & Crysis Warhead benchmarks...

And rokra, well just because it's the costliest doesn't really mean it is the best, or may remain the best...

A Win is a Win , be it by 1 fps or 25 fps . Either you win or loose , there's nothing in between . Got it ?

Really man, is it me exaggerating or you Bragging about your 4890 !!! and FYI I don't have a 5770, I have a pretty old 8600 GT which a lot of people (like mighty yourself) told me that will not be allow me to play any modern game at 1600 * 900.. I have finished the following games:

Crysis : 1280 * 800 (Medium Settings)

COD 4 : 1600 * 900 (High Settings, 4 AA)

COD MW2 : 1600 * 900 (High Settings, 4 AA)

So all you braggers !!! Enjoy !!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by St.John View Post

Anubis, ha ha ha.... really you got to start taking a chill pill !!!! maybe one everyday !!!

Did you notice something.. you so called champ 4890 pulls ahead only when the GPU demand of the game is absolutely minimal.. L4D (he he he !!!), Why don't you have a look at the Crysis & Crysis Warhead benchmarks...

And rokra, well just because it's the costliest doesn't really mean it is the best, or may remain the best...

Really man, is it me exaggerating or you Bragging about your 4890 !!! and FYI I don't have a 5770, I have a pretty old 8600 GT which a lot of people (like mighty yourself) told me that will not be allow me to play any modern game at 1600 * 900.. I have finished the following games:

Crysis : 1280 * 800 (Medium Settings)

COD 4 : 1600 * 900 (High Settings, 4 AA)

COD MW2 : 1600 * 900 (High Settings, 4 AA)

So all you braggers !!! Enjoy !!!

Wah mere lal . Didn't know 8600gt can even play @ High Settings , 4AA

Congrats you can play games too like the rest of us . A big round of applause for St.John here

A big clap to ST.John for conquerring the world by finishing Crysis , COD 4 , COD MW2 .

Quote:

Originally Posted by St.John View Post

I have seen plenty of dolts but never the likes of you . I mean , I meant money causes biased reviews from Tomshardware

But somebody's twisted and unparallel mind takes this line to a whole new level

Moreover , TOTA maine kabh tereko bola , tera 8600gt can't play modern games @ 1600x900 ?

Get some good night sleep. You really need one .

I have never ever talked with you in my whole life unless you fantasise talking with me in your dreams. In that case , please do stay 1000 posts away from me !!

I told you once and I'll repeat it again , don't weave your world of fantasies in reality, speacially in TE .

BTW , are you running a chemist factiry that you're giving away chill pills to everyone ?

Well, by you I mean the likes of you..... Who think that a reputed website would take money to give biased reviews... Seriously man, you are amazing... Do you even know what are you crapping...

And weaving fantasies... well, believe you me looks like you can't get over your fantasies of a 4890....

Anyways I have a pretty good Night story for the likes of you:

Never argue with an Idiot, because he'll get you down to his level.. And then defeat you by experience

So I am going to stop arguing with you.. You win !!!!

Well my logic was 5770 would make a lot of sense... you were the one who got stuck at 4890 being magical in performance.... I am here, I am not running anywhere... And believe you me if you are going to get sentimental for something as puny as a Grafix card that you own..

I didn't start the argument.. If you remember about 6 hours ago you started to blast a so called noob who had his facts correct... We both had just referred to different reviews of the same Cards...

Grow up !!!

Anubis said:
I recommended VX 550 for ATi 5850 or ATI 5830

5850 consumes much less power than even a 4870. So a VX 550 would just go waste. A VX 450 would be more than enough for the setup + a couple more HDDS.

check the test rig on techspot [oced i7 965 extreme]: ATI Radeon HD 5830 Review > Test System Specs & 3Dmark Vantage - TechSpot

and the power consumption chart: ATI Radeon HD 5830 Review > Power Consumption & Temperatures - TechSpot

or : AnandTech: AMD?s Radeon HD 5850: The Other Shoe Drops

319W of total power consumption ! VX 450 can provide between 450 and 550W of clean power [check hardwaresecrets]. VX 550 would be just a waste of good hard earned money. 319w power, and there is still lots of room for overclocking and HDD upgrades.

seriously i dont know why people keep recommended way higher rated PSU saying "to be of the safer side". No hard feeling, but ive been seeing this " recommendations " too much in TE.

And about the 5770 vs 4890, undoubtedly the 4890 is way ahead. 5770 is limited by its memory b/w of 128 bit. Thats why even the 4870 excels it. ANd what good is support for better eyecandy [DX 11] if it isnt able to render it at full throttle.

4890 is you already have a good PSU

5770 is you have to buy PSU along with the GPU., so you can save a bit on PSU too and still be much more than safe.

dOm1naTOr, I never did say that 5770 was a better card than 4890, but seriously with

CPU-- AMD Phenom II 955

RAM-- 2GB DDR3

isn't 4890 way overkill... My point is buying a mainstream card which doesn't get bottle-necked by 2 GB of RAM and a Dual-Core processor makes a lot more sense then buying a uber-cool card, full performance of which will not be utilized...

5770 is cheaper, doesn't need a high wattage CPU (Corrsair 450 Watts is enough even while OC'ing) , supports DX11, Eyefinity, HD Audio streaming.. I think that is something that makes a lot more sense...

Seriously can we actually see a difference between 70 fps & 80 fps or 85 fps !!!! And gaming is not the sole purpose of building a system... 40 nm fabrication, Eyefinity, Direct Compute 5.0, lesser power consumption, albeit a performance loss of 15 % to 20 % max (when being compared in an environment, where the CPU is a Core i7 920 @ 3.3 GHz & 6 GB Of DDR3, seriously how many can afford such a Computer), a cheaper by atleast 3,000 INR...

I think a 5770 makes a lot of sense.....

dOm1naTOr said:
5850 consumes much less power than even a 4870. So a VX 550 would just go waste. A VX 450 would be more than enough for the setup + a couple more HDDS.

check the test rig on techspot [oced i7 965 extreme]: ATI Radeon HD 5830 Review > Test System Specs & 3Dmark Vantage - TechSpot

and the power consumption chart: ATI Radeon HD 5830 Review > Power Consumption & Temperatures - TechSpot

or : AnandTech: AMD?s Radeon HD 5850: The Other Shoe Drops

319W of total power consumption ! VX 450 can provide between 450 and 550W of clean power [check hardwaresecrets]. VX 550 would be just a waste of good hard earned money. 319w power, and there is still lots of room for overclocking and HDD upgrades.

seriously i dont know why people keep recommended way higher rated PSU saying "to be of the safer side". No hard feeling, but ive been seeing this " recommendations " too much in TE.

And about the 5770 vs 4890, undoubtedly the 4890 is way ahead. 5770 is limited by its memory b/w of 128 bit. Thats why even the 4870 excels it. ANd what good is support for better eyecandy [DX 11] if it isnt able to render it at full throttle.

4890 is you already have a good PSU

5770 is you have to buy PSU along with the GPU., so you can save a bit on PSU too and still be much more than safe.

Exactly what i'd been trying to say..seriously, you have taken words out of my mouth buddy..

To bring things into perspective, let us look at this.

4890vs5770.jpg

If we see the specifications for both accelerators, they are almost the same. Where the HD4890 pulls ahead is the memory bandwidth. They will make differences during high resolutions, and that is why in most results the HD4890 is showing greater FPS.

HD4890:
1. More expensive than HD5770. (-1)
2. More processing power. (+1)
3. No Dx11 support. (-1)
4. More power hungry.(-1)

HD5770:
1. Cheaper than HD4890. (+1)
2. Less processing power. (-1)
3. Dx11 support -- but not strong enough. (-1)
4. Less power. (+1)

So end of the day, on 'paper' the HD5770 is better. You may argue, that equal weightage has been given to performance vs. rest of the parameters, I did that to keep the comparison literal. Cause, the user now has to choose. He can choose to have a more powerful card, for extra cost and more consumption or a lower performing accelerator for less, and more efficient. I would go for the HD4890, cause I want more power.

Hope this curbs the pissing contest going on.

asingh said:
To bring things into perspective, let us look at this.

4890vs5770.jpg

If we see the specifications for both accelerators, they are almost the same. Where the HD4890 pulls ahead is the memory bandwidth. They will make differences during high resolutions, and that is why in most results the HD4890 is showing greater FPS.

HD4890:
1. More expensive than HD5770. (-1)
2. More processing power. (+1)
3. No Dx11 support. (-1)
4. More power hungry.(-1)

HD5770:
1. Cheaper than HD4890. (+1)
2. Less processing power. (-1)
3. Dx11 support -- but not strong enough. (-1)
4. Less power. (+1)

So end of the day, on 'paper' the HD5770 is better. You may argue, that equal weightage has been given to performance vs. rest of the parameters, I did that to keep the comparison literal. Cause, the user now has to choose. He can choose to have a more powerful card, for extra cost and more consumption or a lower performing accelerator for less, and more efficient. I would go for the HD4890, cause I want more power.

Hope this curbs the pissing contest going on.

Nice comparison for the end users to see and understand before buying gfx

Brother there will always be noobs , who'll be blinded by Tomshardware's advice . If Tomshardware asks them to jump into the well , they'll readily do so without thinking twice

I for one didn't start the war between ATI 4890 vs ATI 5770 , somebody proved it first .

Thanks, for the Quote asingh... advise is something, sensible advise is something else.. And hell yeah, I was the one who started the war (Someone else got Sentimental on his 4890 (is he the guy who posted above me ???? :) getting compared to a puny 5770 which 5770 isn't anyways)

Anyways repeating my point again...A 4890 combined with Phenom X2 and 2 GB of RAM... Killer combo, seriously... I just can't quit laughing....

Back