Alternative to PayPal to receive funds from outside India

princeoo7

On a Journey called Life :P
Skilled
As the title says, what is the best alternative to receiving payments from abroad. Personal and professional payments.

Mostly payments are done in USD, Euro.

I am still searching for a perfect solution. any help here ? PayPal charges a boom :bawling:

Was thinking or using transferwise but it only tells that i can send money and not receive in India. any help here ?

Last edited:
Transferwise is the solution here :)
I have received $ loads of times from different countires. Works great and the fees are very acceptable too. All you need to do is share your details and bank account details with the sender.

Transferwise is the solution here :)
I have received $ loads of times from different countires. Works great and the fees are very acceptable too. All you need to do is share your details and bank account details with the sender.
so link if I have HDFC account I need to give those details to the sender and then he can directly send money to the bank or do i need to create account on TransferWise as I have the account but it says can't receive money as resident of India :banghead:

Not sure how it is working for you guys but for a business or personal account this is the message I am getting
PNG image.png

Where did you read that ? That's not true at all. lol . Anyhow you don't need an account. It may make things simpler idk for the client. But I have always just sent my bank details.
The client has to add you as a receiver and we share bank details.

now my question is
If I have 100usd been send to me, how much will I receive ?

Can't we use roundabout methods like Google pay or Apple gift cards? How do those Indian scammers cash out those Apple cards they get in USA?

I have to transfer around 300 USD from PayPal account to local sbi bank?
Can I just at bank details do needful?

I have requested to transfer money to skrill if possible (never tried but seems good reviews) from skrill payment to sbi send easy.

Not sure how about service charges from both.

Back