Video Alternatives to Videocon D2H ?

vivek.krishnan

BLR~ZRS-TX-1-MX
Skilled
Been with VideoconD2H for 3 years now, planning to switch.

Suggestions

Need south & sports bouquet of channels.

I take the platinum or the full channel plan, but no addons.

Great, so will renew for 3 months or less, or opt for a new DTH from Airtel. How is the new DTH box from Airtel? Worth the money?

Secondly, how difficult is it to get Jio DTH? My building has not even got FTTH, have been planning to speak to Jio, but never got the time.[DOUBLEPOST=1505704613][/DOUBLEPOST]@vaibhavyagnik Anything to comment?

Great, so will renew for 3 months or less, or opt for a new DTH from Airtel. How is the new DTH box from Airtel? Worth the money?

Secondly, how difficult is it to get Jio DTH? My building has not even got FTTH, have been planning to speak to Jio, but never got the time.[DOUBLEPOST=1505704613][/DOUBLEPOST]@vaibhavyagnik Anything to comment?
I dont have the Airtel smart DTH but the HD ones are okay . No issues faced and come with all the zing bnags like HD recording , USB pendrive etc
their was a thread here about the new smart IP DTH launched by Airtel with user reviews

I have both the Airtel Internet TV box and the regular HD box.

Airtel is decent. Channel change time isn't the fastest though. The UI of the new Internet box needs a lot of refinement but most of the core features like chromecast etc. work well.

Jio DTH will most probably be via dish just like all the other DTH providers so it should be available anywhere in India as long as you have some clear space available on your roof. I don't think it will be tied to Jio Fiber.

I have both the Airtel Internet TV box and the regular HD box.

Airtel is decent. Channel change time isn't the fastest though. The UI of the new Internet box needs a lot of refinement but most of the core features like chromecast etc. work well.

Jio DTH will most probably be via dish just like all the other DTH providers so it should be available anywhere in India as long as you have some clear space available on your roof. I don't think it will be tied to Jio Fiber.
Airtel people are calling me to upgrade to hybrid Internet STB for 2.5k.
Is it worth the 2.5k? Or is it better to buy a Mi Box for around 5k

Airtel people are calling me to upgrade to hybrid Internet STB for 2.5k.
Is it worth the 2.5k? Or is it better to buy a Mi Box for around 5k

Well, if you don't have a Chromecast then I'd say it's worth it for 2.5k. You'll also notice an improvement in picture quality of SD channels since it uses HEVC which results in less grainy pictures.

I didn't like the interface though. I've played .265, mkv, avi files and they all play well through the USB.

What else would you like to know?

Am I the only guy stuck on Tsky here? lol.. been planning to switch from TSky for a long time and actually had Videocon DTH in mind. Then my society went and installed the big Multi User dish on the terrace which helps avoid blackouts during monsoon due to rains (which in Mumbai is getting to be annual calamity these days)

Now your thread here has me wondering what to do next.. TSky's packs are not really great .. but I have a multi room requirement too!

Me too on tatsky and their prices are shooting like jet. I dont want to switch to Videocon as its channel surfing is irritating uncomfortable. Tatasky channel surfing is the best.
Nobody i know who got airtel or other dth so as to choose from.

Two things are to happen by the next 6 months

- Dish & Videocon merger
- Jio DTH launch

So you might wanna wait for more 6 months.

Two things are to happen by the next 6 months

- Dish & Videocon merger
- Jio DTH launch

So you might wanna wait for more 6 months.

Yeah. I was anticipating it a while ago so I actually renewed my subscription with Tsky only for 6 months. I'm hoping Jio DTH get their act out soon. Don't wanna go through another cycle with Tsky.

I too was on Videocon D2H but got fedup with them increasing prices every few months. When I first took the connection about 3 years back, the platinum HD Back was 460 a month and multiroom connections were 160 a month whereas now it is 680pm and 250pm respectively! I've switched to airtel and taken the One year Infinity plan which works out to 460pm with all HD and SD channels and 5400 per year for my two add on connections which is 225 a month for all channels. Recharged through HDFC smartbuy where they are offering 10x reward points which is another 15% off on the above rates depending on the card you have.

Now that iv disconnected, I keep getting calls from them saying they have an offer of 100 percent cashback to account so basically whatever value you recharge, you'll get double that amount in your account.

Back