Amazon $10 Gift Card for $5

varkey

Skilled
Can't believe its not posted yet, but Amazon is running a promotion where you can get a $10 Gift Card for $5!
<

Limit one GC per account and credit card. Attempting to reuse the same card will result in "Oops! This credit card has already been used to purchase this option."

Link : http://www.amazonlocal.com

Already got some 5 GCs and added to my account, $50 for $25! So those of you who can generate unlimited VCCs can make a lot!
<
Sadly HDFC limits it to 5 per day!
<
If you are really in the mood you can even get an iPhone 4S for $350
<

Looks to be an attractive deal, I have never bought anything from Amazon as of now.

So if I buy anything from Amazon, do I need to follow up for paying custom duty etc.., or is that done automatically.

#varkey

Say i made a netsafe card with Rs 300 limit. Just making the card wont debit any money from my credit card naa? What happens if I dont use the card?

As per the SD thread, the promotional value expires today EOD US time (mostly EST). So i suggest that whoever buys this to add the money to their amazon account immediately else you will have a 5$ amazon GC bought for 5$ tomorrow.

How to add GC in primary account?

I assume you have an amazon.com account ?

If yes then just go to my account -> apply a gift card and put that code, must be something like XXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXX

Put that and your balance shall be added to your amazon.com account.

#varkey

Say i made a netsafe card with Rs 300 limit. Just making the card wont debit any money from my credit card naa? What happens if I dont use the card?

I use it with my HDFC debit card and the Netsafe card amount gets deducted immediately. If you don't use the card it automatically gets canceled and amount gets refunded.

Wish mba.com accepted Amazon GV's as payment for my GMAT test fee ..

Planning to take the GMAT..

Would have taken a 250$ exam at half the price ..
<

Just got 7
<
Two CCs and 5 VCCs through HDFC Netsafe! I guess the 5 VCC limit per day is applicable only for VCCs created from a debit card, for credit cards there seems to be no limit. If the deal is live after 12 can get another 5 more !
<

Looks to be an attractive deal, I have never bought anything from Amazon as of now.

So if I buy anything from Amazon, do I need to follow up for paying custom duty etc.., or is that done automatically.

Depends, if its an item which Amazon directly ships to India, duty is prepaid and Amazon will take care of everything. If its shipped by a 3rd party seller directly to India then any duty if applicable will be collected on delivery. Otherwise you have to use Aramex S&S or ICC PPO service to get the item, in which case they will charge extra for US to India shipping and Customs Duty.

^ Due to number of orders, it will take sometime for you to get the voucher. Don't worry,

Please Note

Due to the popularity of today's Amazon.com Gift Card deal it may take several hours to receive our email confirming your purchase. Thanks for your patience!

Back