Amazon.com Now Offering Free Shipping To India & Singapore For Orders Above $125

RoBoGhOsT

Perambulating
Skilled
Online retailer Amazon has announced that it will offer free shipping to India and Singapore for qualifying products sold on Amazon.com .

The products which are listed as AmazonGlobal Saver shipping are eligible for free shipping to India and Singapore, if the order value exceeds $125. However, this doesn't include taxes, customs etc and the product should weight less than 20lb .

To take advantage of FREE AmazonGlobal Saver:
  • Place at least $125 of eligible AmazonGlobal Saver products, excluding the Import Fees Deposit, in your Shopping Cart. All products shipped using the AmazonGlobal Program that are sold by Amazon.com are eligible for AmazonGlobal Saver, except for products weighing 20 pounds or more and certain oversized products.
  • Proceed to checkout.
  • Ship your items to a single address in India and Singapore.
  • Select "Group my items into as few shipments as possible" as your shipping preference.
  • Select AmazonGlobal Saver as your shipping speed. Your order will be delivered within 11-14 business days after all of your items are available to ship (including pre-order items).
  • Place your order, and enjoy the free shipping!

The products which are available for global shipping are listed here.

I have similar service from amazon.co.uk 2 months back. They collected the deposit for customs and taxes, and refunded the balance amount post 4 weeks of item delivery.

We would still need to pay customs on that. Indian rupee is performing very poorly and our fm says all is well. 1$ is approx
60rs after taxes

I tried it yesterday, there was another problem I saw, it said "seller does not ship this item to your address and my address is in Bangalore" so even if it says super saver shipping can the order process? I don't think..

Google for amazon global
Click the first link and go to the amazon global site
Select the "eligible for amazon global" tick from left side filters
Search for your item and see whether it is there.
If the seller is amazon itself and item is above 125 $ then it will probably have free shipping.

^+1

Example, an iPhone 5 64GB for 42k if you are lucky.

Some manufacturers assist for international buyers. I highly advise you get such things clear with the company before any purchase.

There is a very high probability that one wont find Phones on amazon global. Most phones sold by amazon themselves are carrier locked or / and they will sell only to USA addresses.
The factory unlocked ones are mostly third party sellers where there will be no free India shipping.

What's the point in saving on free shipping for phones anyway?
They are pretty light and generally shippings costs 550 bucks.

I would only see gains in high value and heavy items because customs is going to be charged irrespective.
If only they sold LEDs on amazon global with free shipping.

Rupee is completely screwed up with testing levels of almost 58/$ - all time low, imported stuff going to remain costly. Good old days when it was near 40-45/$ when I got my first iPod (2nd Gen) from US.

Still a good move from Amazon's part.

I interested in buying an electronic viewfinder costing 129$ and it is eligible for free AmazonGlobal shipping...
Shipping weight is mentioned as 1 pound....so what will be the customs+any other charges for it?
I am a complete noob w.r.t. international shopping...

I interested in buying an electronic viewfinder costing 129$ and it is eligible for free AmazonGlobal shipping...
Shipping weight is mentioned as 1 pound....so what will be the customs+any other charges for it?
I am a complete noob w.r.t. international shopping...

When you buy through amazon global on the last page before you actually click "Place Order" you will have entire summary. In that as you are saying, the shipping should be discounted. You will see something called as "Import duties and fees". That is your customs and all. The price you pay on amazon global is the final landing price to your home here in India. In your case, Product Price + Shipping (which will be free) + import duties and fees
In case the customs is not charged, amazon will actually return you those import fees and duties part but i suggest you dont expect to get that return.
Does this answer your question ?

Back