Amazon.com purchase Debit card trouble

Am not sure if this is the right place, but I did not know where else to put this.
I am trying to purchase from Amazon.com but it always says the same thing
"Hello
We're writing to let you know that the payment for your order has been declined. The issuing bank may have declined the charge if the name, expiration date, or ZIP Code you entered does not exactly match the bank's information. There is no need to place a new order as we will automatically try your selected payment method again.* "

Now I am using an Union Bank of India Debit Card. The bank says there is absolutely no issue from our side. Amazon keeps sending this message.
Does anyone have any idea what is going on, what is the issue because my bank says no problem from our side,
Amazon.com says contact you bank, issue is from their side, they keep declining the payment.

Your help will be highly appreciated, thank you

You have posted in Wrong Section!

Now about the issue, Amazon.com would not accept Indian Debit Cards only credit cards are accepted.

You have posted in Wrong Section!

Now about the issue, Amazon.com would not accept Indian Debit Cards only credit cards are accepted.

Already told had no idea what is the right section for that :(

What is the reason for this? That sounds very strange, AFAIK, a credit card can only be used as a credit card, but a debit card is both a debit and credit card in a way.
And whats wrong in a debit card :O

Well thanks for the reply both friends.
That is really terrible. Only know of one friend who has ICICI card, not sure if he ll be willing to lend it.
I was never in favor of credit cards after I saw it is nothing but stupid waste of money when a debit card solves the same purpose and does not charge interest, gave up on it long back.
Damn it, only other way is a gift card but for that also you need a card,lol.

Well thanks for the reply both friends.
That is really terrible. Only know of one friend who has ICICI card, not sure if he ll be willing to lend it.
I was never in favor of credit cards after I saw it is nothing but stupid waste of money when a debit card solves the same purpose and does not charge interest, gave up on it long back.
Damn it, only other way is a gift card but for that also you need a card,lol.

OT: If you know how to use a credit card responsibly, it is great thing. In fact use the credit card as a debit card if you want, always make the payment on time and you never face interest charges.

Thanks for the reply friends, I guess ICICI debit card is good from what most of you have said.
For now guess will have to make a WTB thread for a gift card I guess and pay some additional amount.
Lets see if someone is interested.

Thanks for the reply friends, I guess ICICI debit card is good from what most of you have said.
For now guess will have to make a WTB thread for a gift card I guess and pay some additional amount.
Lets see if someone is interested.

What is the final price of the thing you want to buy ?

Am not sure if this is the right place, but I did not know where else to put this.
I am trying to purchase from Amazon.com but it always says the same thing
"Hello
We're writing to let you know that the payment for your order has been declined. The issuing bank may have declined the charge if the name, expiration date, or ZIP Code you entered does not exactly match the bank's information. There is no need to place a new order as we will automatically try your selected payment method again.* "

Now I am using an Union Bank of India Debit Card. The bank says there is absolutely no issue from our side. Amazon keeps sending this message.
Does anyone have any idea what is going on, what is the issue because my bank says no problem from our side,
Amazon.com says contact you bank, issue is from their side, they keep declining the payment.
same issue which i faced. exceeded transaction value. debitcards have a max transaction value (one-time purchase). mine is 10k. how much is your's? use c/c.

dont bother calling the helpline number.

I went to the bank manager saying you are not helping, the helpline no has no idea so what to do. He said I will call in front of you, may be you did not inform them properly.
Lol the helpline number even insulted the local Bank Manager. He was looking so embarrassed and angry. I wanted to laugh so bad but out of respect I did not do so. But even he could not do anything about this.
Just said I will look into the matter.
Can complain to the nodal officer but I feel even that is a waste of time only.[DOUBLEPOST=1397293348][/DOUBLEPOST]One thing I wanted to ask,
Amazon does not mention serial no of the item on the bill?

Back