Amazon.com purchase Debit card trouble

Not sure about other items but for items that have warranties (ie. Hard Disks) they do mention it on the bill...

They are driving me mad, they say they do not put serial nos on the bill. Their support seems to parrot only one thing. Sir serial no is on the box, we dont ve serial no, ask the manufacturer for that.
I was like seriously?
Now I do not know where to contact them for adding serial no on the bill.

I bought a 1 TB from Amazon (Amazon fulfilled) just last week.
I just checked the bill to make sure.
The Serial no., Part no. and Model no. are ALL mentioned on the bill as they should be.
I checked the numbers mentioned versus whats on the box of the drive and they all match.
No idea why they are stating otherwise to you.

What was the item you bought from Amazon? I can't seem to find that info in your post...

Last edited:
Intel g3420, chatting with amazon people makes me feel they are pure robots. They parrot one thing million times.
Explained in every way i could that you need a serial no, but they are just not ready to listen, does someone know what to do?[DOUBLEPOST=1397497137][/DOUBLEPOST]edit: mail also did not work :D

I bought a 1 TB from Amazon (Amazon fulfilled) just last week.
I just checked the bill to make sure.
The Serial no., Part no. and Model no. are ALL mentioned on the bill as they should be.
I checked the numbers mentioned versus whats on the box of the drive and they all match.
No idea why they are stating otherwise to you.

What was the item you bought from Amazon? I can't seem to find that info in your post...

Am also planning to get a WD HDD from amazon, but if they do not put serial no it will be a big mess.
When did you get a bill with serial no? Immediately after you purchased or only after proper delivery?

Bill came along with the item.

TBH, its no big deal if the bill doesn't mention the serial no. for things like Portable HDD. Reason being, when you buy a Portable HDD, the drive itself will give you an option to check/activate the warranty the first time you use it. Once you do that, it registers your drive with WD/Seagates database and activates your warranty.

After that, if you ever need to RMA the drive, the warranty status is available with WD/Seagate so (IMO) they should not bother you with a bill at all, let alone one with the serial no. mentioned. I have never RMA'ed anything so not sure about this.

Having said that, if it would help you, I would be willing to PM you the invoice no. I recd. from Amazon for that order. If you buy the item and the Serial no. is not mentioned in the bill you receive, you can then give Amazon the invoice no. for my order and ask them to explain why my invoice clearly mentions the model, serial and part no. but yours doesn't...

Last edited:
Bill came along with the item.

TBH, its no big deal if the bill doesn't mention the serial no. for things like Portable HDD. Reason being, when you buy a Portable HDD, the drive itself will give you an option to check/activate the warranty the first time you use it. Once you do that, it registers your drive with WD/Seagates database and activates your warranty.

After that, if you ever need to RMA the drive, the warranty status is available with WD/Seagate so (IMO) they should not bother you with a bill at all, let alone one with the serial no. mentioned. I have never RMA'ed anything so not sure about this.

Having said that, if it would help you, I would be willing to PM you the invoice no. I recd. from Amazon for that order. If you buy the item and the Serial no. is not mentioned in the bill you receive, you can then give Amazon the invoice no. for my order and ask them to explain why my invoice clearly mentions the model, serial and part no. but yours doesn't...

Thanks a lot, I did not know about that registering thing. I am not looking for a portable drive though, am looking for internal ones.
It would help me a lot if you could pm me the order no. Well one thing I fail to understand is why amazon has such a non functional chat support. They do not listen to what you say, even if you say something sensible, they just keep copy pasting the same response. I like tried with 5 people saying that a serial no is needed on the bill, explained to them in every way I could, the thing that was always copy pasted was "Contact manufacturer, we do not provide serial number, manufacturer will do the needful". I was like what non sense. I even escalated the matter, talked to their senior supervisor and one leadership team member, the reply I got was they have contacted Intel and will forward their reply to me -_-'

Thank goodness intel always has international warranty and honors it without a bill unless the product is EOL. If the product is EOL or for some reason out of stock, they do request a bill.
To be frank, I have never seen such stupid and brain dead chat support in my life till now. The last response I got from a "supervisor" was, return the product and order a new one, then you might get serial no.
I was like seriously? you want me to return a product because you cant put a serial no on the bill. He said Yes sir, return it. So I gave up finally.
Hence I hesitate in buying things which I would have if I did not have such stupid experience the first time with them.

Online warranty validity check/registration should work even for internal HDD though it would probably have to be done manually by you once you receive your drive.

As for my order details, I have sent them to you via PM...

Back