Amazon Echo/Echo Dot/Echo Plus India Launch (Prime Subscription Free)

vivek.krishnan

BLR~ZRS-TX-1-MX
Skilled
Received this email from Amazon

Dear Vivek,

We are excited to offer you 30% off the price of an Echo device of your choice (Amazon Echo or Echo Dot or Echo Plus). 30% discount will be automatically applied at checkout, and your purchase includes 1 year of Prime membership (Terms and Conditions apply).

Due to the high number of requests, this invitation for the 30% discounted offer will expire on October 6, 2017 at 11:59 PM.

Echo devices are voice-controlled smart speakers designed entirely around your voice — they are always ready, hands-free, and fast. Alexa is the brain behind the Echo family of devices. Since Alexa runs in the cloud, she is always getting smarter. Just ask, and she will answer questions, play music, read the news, set timers and alarms, recite the calendar, check cricket scores, control lights at home, and much more. We hope you will have as much fun using the product as we did inventing it.

To accept this invitation:

1. Go to the Amazon Echo or Echo Dot or Echo Plus page
2. Add to cart
3. Purchase as usual

By purchasing an Echo during this limited-release period, you agree to receive emails asking for your feedback on the product. We would love to hear your feedback on your experience and contribute to further the development of Alexa and Echo devices in India.

Buy Now
Thanks,
The Amazon Echo Team

Frequently Asked Questions

1. When will I receive my device?
Echo Devices will ship beginning the week of October 30th. Once you have added one of the Echo devices to your cart, you will see the estimated delivery date for your order. You will receive a shipping confirmation when your order is ready to ship.

2. How do I ask an Echo device a question?
Echo devices will answer questions beginning with a wake word. The default wake word is "Alexa" (our homage to the library of Alexandria).

3. What is the first thing I should ask Alexa?
Ask Alexa for the news or to tell you a joke. Or just ask Alexa to play your favorite song. Alexa might not always have the answer, but we hope you will have fun helping Echo get smarter.

4. What music services can I listen to with Echo devices?
You can play music from Amazon Prime Music, Saavn, and TuneIn.

5. Do I have to charge Echo devices?
No. All Echo devices are always connected, use wall power, and don't need to be charged.

6. How do I give feedback?
You can always provide feedback through the Alexa App, and from time to time we may email you for feedback about specific Echo features.

Attachments

• upload_2017-10-4_20-55-49.png
    upload_2017-10-4_20-55-49.png
    407.4 KB · Views: 257
  • upload_2017-10-4_20-56-6.png
    upload_2017-10-4_20-56-6.png
    418.3 KB · Views: 264
  • upload_2017-10-4_20-56-35.png
    upload_2017-10-4_20-56-35.png
    383.8 KB · Views: 259
Last edited:
So you can get an echo for 7k?

Still sux that it costs only 6.5k in the US. Dot seems to be cheaper than the US price though !

Nice deal. Lucky bugger that you already got the invite. I literally just applied for the invite. I may get the mid version, purely for the speaker, but lets see.

I also think you should just get the echo, instead of the echo plus.

Finally!

What is with the invite thing tho, discount is good

Anwyays ..looks like it won't work with Uber but OLA ? lola

I was considering ordering one from AMZN.com just for playing my spotify playlists , hope it works with spotify and uber too.

Nice deal. Lucky bugger that you already got the invite. I literally just applied for the invite. I may get the mid version, purely for the speaker, but lets see.

I also think you should just get the echo, instead of the echo plus.

Well, I was thinking echo plus because it was mentioned free hue bulb (else where) but not in India :p

EDIT : Does not look like Hue bulb is free - might be given later? Mailed Amazon for this.

Hello Vivek,

This is Jeevan from Amazon Technical Support.

From your email I can understand that you would like to know whether whether you will be provided with the Philips Hue bulb along with the device as provided in US.

Thank you for showing your interest on newly launched Echo device in India.

Right now we do not have any update about the compatibility other features and offers as well.

Once we have any update about the offer which you have asked notifications will be sent to all the customers on the website.

Currently we have other offer through which the device can be purchased with 30% discount and one year PRIME membership for free.
[DOUBLEPOST=1507172039][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, the Echo Plus may not support Z Wave, now in 2 minds...

Last edited:
Applied for the invite as well as I am planning to get the Echo. Is there any advantage in going for the Echo Plus if I am not planning for Smart Home stuff?

Got the invite to purchase also.... had already renewed by Prime Membership a couple of days ago. If I purchase, will it be extended for another year?[DOUBLEPOST=1507188837][/DOUBLEPOST]And I'm confused whether to by the regular or plus... regular looks better :p

Last edited:
Well I got no clue which one is better.

I have an echo dot gotten off ebay, works fine by itself.

What I'm waiting for is proper local India support - meaning I can set the location/PIN code to my city, currently it thinks it's sitting in Seattle :D

Got the invite to purchase also.... had already renewed by Prime Membership a couple of days ago. If I purchase, will it be extended for another year?[DOUBLEPOST=1507188837][/DOUBLEPOST]And I'm confused whether to by the regular or plus... regular looks better :p

You can ask CC to confirm the same, someone I know did got positive response from CC.

Well I got no clue which one is better.

I have an echo dot gotten off ebay, works fine by itself.

What I'm waiting for is proper local India support - meaning I can set the location/PIN code to my city, currently it thinks it's sitting in Seattle :D
Can you tell the echo dot capabilities / app support / your main usage with it ?

Back