Amazon Echo/Echo Dot/Echo Plus India Launch (Prime Subscription Free)

OK, The echo has an issue in crowded environments for sure - I took it to my office. It's not able to hear the keyword and/or hear what I am saying all the time. Additionally, it has an issue stringing 2 requests like Play hindi instrumental music for example.

Apart from that, we had a lot of fun with the Echo, with people calling it Alekhya, playing Marathi songs (from Sairat), asking sports updates, jokes, and finally abusing it in Marathi when it would not play anything :p
I'm out of town, so I couldn't try until next week. I also received sonoff switches... Need to set up next week end.

Does it has any regional contents? Like tamil news?

Anyone that has received the Echo Dot? Can you review the sound quality.

I only tested for half an hour, music sound quality ain`t so great with music being played from amazon music and Saavn. The voice quality seemed clear and impressive. I will be testing with aux and Bluetooth today.

Looks like ewelink skills required for sonoff devices hasn't been enabled for India :(

Already got few devices of basic wireless switches :(

Got the echo dot delivered yesterday, and it's a delight. No more looking at mobile screens at night for the time. Best part which I was unaware of, it can read my Kindle books. Amazon music will be there in full form soon. We normally stream gurbani from golden temple in the morning, tune in has a Chanel, need to figure out how to get it activated by voice. Overall a great experience. Considering getting the lifx bulbs, but they are damn expensive only worth if they last looong.

Amazon CC has no idea on how to change my account from USA to India for music. Way to go...

Amazon India is pushing me to USA support, while Amazon USA is pushing me to India support :p

go to amazon.com > Your Content and devices > settings tab in that screen > change country to India.

Then check if your echo is showing on amazon.in[DOUBLEPOST=1509791663][/DOUBLEPOST]PS: You will have to reset and configure echo device again on alexa to make sure all your alexa content like news feeds and music are set to Indian region

Amazon CC has no idea on how to change my account from USA to India for music. Way to go...

Amazon India is pushing me to USA support, while Amazon USA is pushing me to India support :p
You can change your country settings by clicking on the link and following the steps given below:

1. Kindly click on the link below:

www.amazon.in/mycd

2. On the "Manage Your Content & Devices" page, you'll see a tab named "Settings". Please click on "Settings".

3. After clicking on "Settings", you'll see "Country Settings". Under "Country Settings", Click on "Change" and set the country to India and set and India address.

4. Under Country settings you will see a statement "You are currently linked to shop on Amazon.com. Click here to learn more about other Amazon sites you are eligible to shop on based on your country of residence.". Please click on "Here" mentioned in the sentence.

5. Once you click on "Here", you will see a different statement with "Learn about" as a Hyperlink. Please click on "Learn about".

6. You'll be redirected to a new page and you'll be able to see "Update your default Kindle store to Amazon.in". Click on this link.

7. Re-enter your account email address and password if prompted.

So my echo dot also replies "your amazon music marketplace account is not configured correctly" when i try to play some music. Sent email to CC but they also have "escalated" it to US. My account already shows amazon.in in country settings. I had earlier (couple of months ago) logged in to amazon music usa via amazon.com with the same email address (login ID) so looks like something is out of sync in their backend.

If they're unable to resolve this, I guess I will try factory reset and reconfiguring my echo dot later on.

Received my Echo Dot today! Got it setup in the afternoon. Music streaming through Amazon Prime's music library and Tunein Radio working all good except for a few stations from Tunein. Will need to check them out tomorrow. Song fetching and shuffling works like a charm. I have the Dot connected to my Swans D1010MKII speakers and the audio is absolutely pristine. Also, asking Alexa random questions from time to time is so much fun, LoL!

Btw... if I change my country to the US, will Alexa's accent go from the Desi styled English to Murican?

You can change your country settings by clicking on the link and following the steps given below:

1. Kindly click on the link below:

www.amazon.in/mycd

2. On the "Manage Your Content & Devices" page, you'll see a tab named "Settings". Please click on "Settings".

3. After clicking on "Settings", you'll see "Country Settings". Under "Country Settings", Click on "Change" and set the country to India and set and India address.

4. Under Country settings you will see a statement "You are currently linked to shop on Amazon.com. Click here to learn more about other Amazon sites you are eligible to shop on based on your country of residence.". Please click on "Here" mentioned in the sentence.

5. Once you click on "Here", you will see a different statement with "Learn about" as a Hyperlink. Please click on "Learn about".

6. You'll be redirected to a new page and you'll be able to see "Update your default Kindle store to Amazon.in". Click on this link.

7. Re-enter your account email address and password if prompted.

That is for Devices and Kindle. Not for Amazon Music.[DOUBLEPOST=1509819851][/DOUBLEPOST]No option to change it to India from the webUI. However, Amazon Music Uploader shows option of India - this allows you to upload your songs to Amazon, a la Google Play.

upload_2017-11-4_23-52-47.png

upload_2017-11-4_23-54-6.png

Back