Amazon Echo/Echo Dot/Echo Plus India Launch (Prime Subscription Free)

it says no music on amazon music. Now how do I load music in amazon music? is it not a stream service like saavn? how does it work ?

I usually just have to say (citing an example here) "Alexa play Dave Koz" and the immediate response is "Shuffling songs by Dave Koz from Amazon's Music Library". The tracks start to play seamlessly thereafter.

Also, there was a particular track being played by Alexa today while shuffling Richard Clayderman which I couldn't identify. I asked Alexa what the name of the track was. Got an instant reply with track and album name! Wonderful. :)

They attempted to deliver mine today but I wasn't. available at home and I saw their call too late. Have asked them to reschedule for day after tomorrow. Delivery within 5 days for someone who ordered late and also lives in a rural area is pretty impressive from Amazon. Also happy that Delhivery have started delivering to my village so don't have to travel to pickup my orders anymore. Earlier only speed post used to deliver at home but they were pathetic.

So my echo dot also replies "your amazon music marketplace account is not configured correctly" when i try to play some music. Sent email to CC but they also have "escalated" it to US. My account already shows amazon.in in country settings. I had earlier (couple of months ago) logged in to amazon music usa via amazon.com with the same email address (login ID) so looks like something is out of sync in their backend.

If they're unable to resolve this, I guess I will try factory reset and reconfiguring my echo dot later on.

Have asked them to do the same, lets see.

Amazon music is not working for me. I have Echo Dot. I contacted Amazon but no help. The settings are correct inside the Alexa app. Saavn only playing Punjabi and Hindi language songs.

Is there any app I should install on the smartphone?

Amazon music is not working for me. I have Echo Dot. I contacted Amazon but no help. The settings are correct inside the Alexa app. Saavn only playing Punjabi and Hindi language songs.

Is there any app I should install on the smartphone?

dont you have amazon alexa app on your phone? you have to go inside music and radio and see the ones in it

I have installed Alexa app. I can navigate to music & media -> amazon music. I can see an arrow symbol - I clicked it and it shows Amazon Music with my email id. I am unable to see any other information.

https://www.amazon.in/music/settings

This might be actually the first time I am frustrated by Amazon's CEX. Prime member, but non member. What a paradox /s

upload_2017-11-6_22-27-30.png
[DOUBLEPOST=1509987848][/DOUBLEPOST]Weirdly it is not able to play anything from my music library - I am not sure, something went wrong, but when I say "Alexa Prime Music Connect" it started Salman Khan songs.

Alexa aur Bhai. Kya Jodi hain!

upload_2017-11-6_22-34-3.png
[DOUBLEPOST=1509987954][/DOUBLEPOST]
Let me know what all you are ordering. I may also pick up some stuff.

Though i hate the face that the yeelight skill is not available in india :/

I wrote to Plex asking the Plex skills be made available in India. Hoping for a response.

Last edited:
Back