Amazon Echo from US

Hi !

I am thinking of getting the Amazon Echo from USA to my location in Muscat gulf. Price in India is 10k.
and amazon.us has it for 6k approx with shipping service myus.com can get it here for upto 7.5k still a deal.
Not sure about customs though.

What do u guys recommend ? Will I be able to use the Indian accent on it also regarding power supply will it take the standard 220 v ?

Before Amazon brought the Echo to India, others had gotten it from the States. Once you set it up with an Indian account, everything should work.

As for the power supply, I feel they would bundle a universal adaptor rather than making once countrywise.

Will I be able to use the Indian accent on it also regarding power supply will it take the standard 220 v ?

Yes, Indian accent works fine on a US device.

Power plug works on Indian voltage but the pins are the flat/US style ones so you will either need sockets that have US style holes or an adaptor or maybe a power strip that has such receptacles.

I had got mine almost a year back and registered it on alexa.amazon.com (US account) and after the India launch I had to contact CC to get them to switch it to my India account alexa.amazon.in

Back