Amazon files SEC report, misinterpreted as shutting down operations in India

I just pray that Amazon doesn't shut its door in India , this will lead to monopoly of FK and SD :)

BUT, they shouldn't get involved in various malpractices used by FK just to drive sales, like asking seller to sell items at 4-5k less, which they will get refunded to their bank.

Do you have access to their registers/bank accounts (please for god sake give me a yes or no answer and not make up crap)?
http://ben-evans.com/benedictevans/2014/9/4/why-amazon-has-no-profits-and-why-it-works
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/.../10990659/Will-Amazon-ever-be-profitable.html
http://www.forbes.com/sites/timwors...economics-of-amazons-no-profits-growth-model/
http://www.forbes.com/sites/panosmo...fits-the-momentum-crowd-has-been-wishing-for/[DOUBLEPOST=1414948640][/DOUBLEPOST]
Amazon release books every quarter. Its a PLC and the accounts are visible if you do research.
and not to forget they gone public long ago.

Amazon is not leaving India, or China. This is just a clickbait headline. They've only disclosed risks associated with doing business in India in their filings. Indian retail market is a tough nut to crack, especially if you're a foreign entity; this is already known to everyone who is operating in this space. They still chose to open operations in India because the market is huge and there is a lot of scope for growth.

Those are just figures. A MNC can release those as they wishes. A company's stock's doesn't just go high for no apparent reason. Let's take a recent example. Amazon got the exclusive rights to sell XBOX One. You think they aren't making any profits in that? Do you think amazon just hires top reputed people who have excelled in ther fields for making no profits? If you ask questions to yourself, you'll come to a conclusion.

Dude, Amazon is a PLC. They cant forge these records. They are presented because its a rule for PLC to display the books.

Amazon has not made profit for a long time. They have revenue which they spend but they have not made profit in a very long time.

Yeh chacha ki dukan nahi hai , joh chaha dikha diya.

Dude, Amazon is a PLC. They cant forge these records. They are presented because its a rule for PLC to display the books.

Amazon has not made profit for a long time. They have revenue which they spend but they have not made profit in a very long time.

Yeh chacha ki dukan nahi hai , joh chaha dikha diya.

Okay, I discussed this with my dad just now and he said the same, can't be forged. So I guess "chahcha ki dukan mein joh chaha dikhaya diya" doesn't work aswell.

Okay, I discussed this with my dad just now and he said the same, can't be forged. So I guess "chahcha ki dukan mein joh chaha dikhaya diya" doesn't work aswell.

Actually, it can be forged. But maybe only in India - remember Satyam?

Still, Amazon is making money, but investing the same back into fulfillment centres - so they are essentially in loss.

This was obviously Grab Headline Story to increase traffic.
No, Amazon isn’t discontinuing operations in India

A report surfaced online over the weekend claiming that Amazon was looking at shutting its India operations. The report came as a surprise considering the company had recently invested $2 billion into its Indian operations. The report however has misinterpreted what Amazon has mentioned in its quarterly earnings filings with the SEC, and is essentially is a part of statutory warnings that companies have to give in their earnings to shareholders.

http://www.bgr.in/news/no-amazon-isnt-discontinuing-operations-in-india/
XHshjj2.jpg

Is this thread about:

1. Online versus offline stores?

2. The fake news that Amazon is considering a discontinuation of their service in India?

Do news posters have any responsibility towards verifying their news? Or is the news section here supposed to be filled with half-truths and gossip?

Is the headline designed to troll? It looks like it, because it meets all criteria of trolling: Fake, sensationalist and provocative.

Actually, it can be forged. But maybe only in India - remember Satyam?

Still, Amazon is making money, but investing the same back into fulfillment centres - so they are essentially in loss.
Nope. a. Do you know Enron? Destroyed Arthur Anderson and consulting had to rebrand themselves to Accenture (though the split for consulting happened years ago before Enron). PwC is lucky to get away with only fines.

b. As for Amazon, nope they are not making money. Will they ever "make money"? Who knows, a recent study had found Walmart, a prominent B&M is doing better than them when it came to online offering. Maybe B&M + etailing is the way to go.

Saar, I simply copied exact headline from Deccan Chronicle. Don't shoot the messenger.

That, in my estimation, was the exact issue :)

We expect a much higher standard.

Specially from senior members like you.

Now the whole thread looks better after the cleanup!

Back