Amazon Fire TV Stick India Launched for Rs 3999

As per sources outside of the company, Amazon has been mulling to launch its Fire TV Stick in India for a long time now. It was first expected to launch with Amazon Prime membership in July last year, and then in December, but wasn’t launched for some reason or the other. The Amazon Fire TV Stick is available for sale in the US for a price of $39.99 and the Indian pricing is expected to be Rs 1999, but only for the Prime subscribers. For non-Prime subscribers, the MRP of Fire TV Stick is expected to be Rs 3,999. In addition to Amazon.in, the Fire TV Stick will be sold via Croma and Reliance Digital stores in select Indian cities to start with and across other retail networks at a later date.

Apparently, Jeff Bezos led American firm had run a similar offer in US and UK where they sold its Fire TV Stick for $19 and £7 respectively. With that said, Amazon is expected to bring its Fire TV Box into the country at a later date.

Internally, the Amazon Fire TV stick and Fire TV Box is not different from others available in the market. They run on a baked version of Android with Amazon’s own Fire TV UI loaded on top. It comes with a range of multimedia consumption apps starting from Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, YouTube and others. Amazon Prime customers will also get unlimited access to a variety of shows and movies on Amazon Prime Video app.

Underneath the hood, both the Amazon Fire TV Stick is powered by a quad-core processor. This coupled with 1GB RAM. The main highlight of the Amazon Fire TV is the presence of a voice command feature backed by Alexa. The new Fire TV Stick comes with a voice-enabled remote for controlling various features of the stick. With that said, the Amazon Fire TV isn’t going to replace your current DTH TV. It is simply a media streaming device that would function just like a Chromecast or a Teewe. Amazon may, however, tie up with Indian partners like Hotstar, DittoTV and others for offering free streaming of popular TV channels on its Fire TV devices.

Source

Hmm I wonder if its worth buying this or should I wait till Tata Sky come out with a STB like Airtel where you can get Prime/Netflix etc on it.

Can you bitstream 5.1 Audio to your AV receiver with the Fire Stick?
I was appalled to see that you do not get 5.1 on Amazon Prime videos even when you access on your Desktop !

Hmm I wonder if its worth buying this or should I wait till Tata Sky come out with a STB like Airtel where you can get Prime/Netflix etc on it.
The STB similar to the Airtel one is not of much use unless you are not using DVR capability. Tata-Sky has to launch the new STB with these features along with DVR capability. I believe the newer STBs such as the Tata Sky+ Transfer will get the Netflix kind of apps as an update in due course though. The older STBs like the one I have has to be replaced.

Can anyone list out things available with this as of now ?

Product description shows Netflix as well, is it ?

As of now have Prime subscription - only Amazon prime videos with it worth ?

Can anyone list out things available with this as of now ?

Product description shows Netflix as well, is it ?

As of now have Prime subscription - only Amazon prime videos with it worth ?
Amazon Fire TV Stick is a tiny stick that connects your HDTV to a world of online entertainment. With a huge selection of Bollywood, Hollywood and regional language movies, TV episodes, voice search that actually works, it’s the easiest way to enjoy Amazon Prime Video, Hotstar, Netflix, YouTube, Eros Now, Gaana, music, games and more.

You might need individual subscriptions for those services such as Hotstar, Netflix etc.

Check the link for more supported Apps. You can watch NDTV, CNN etc.
https://www.amazon.com/Fire-TV-Stick-Apps/b?ie=UTF8&node=10208591011

Amazon Fire TV Stick is a tiny stick that connects your HDTV to a world of online entertainment. With a huge selection of Bollywood, Hollywood and regional language movies, TV episodes, voice search that actually works, it’s the easiest way to enjoy Amazon Prime Video, Hotstar, Netflix, YouTube, Eros Now, Gaana, music, games and more.

You might need individual subscriptions for those services such as Hotstar, Netflix etc.

Check the link for more supported Apps. You can watch NDTV, CNN etc.
https://www.amazon.com/Fire-TV-Stick-Apps/b?ie=UTF8&node=10208591011

That`s a lot of apps. Thanks for sharing.

Looking at product description I thought it was limited to only those. Do have Chromecast and use 90% for youtube only.

Recently liked few amazon originals, casting on TV was not so suitable as phone was getting hot with screen mirroring.

Says supports DD 5.1 out, not sure how much shows has the DD out?

App list shows ES File Explorer, playing videos from NAS seems possible with some tinkering, not sure.

Would be interesting to know ability to do torrents ?

Ordered one.

Airtel to Offer 100GB Free Broadband/4G Home Wi-Fi Data to Amazon Fire TV Stick Users

Bharti Airtel said it would provide 100 GB of free high-speed data to anyone who purchases Amazon’s Fire TV Stick in India.
The offer is available to Airtel customers on broadband as well as ‘4G Home Wifi’, but not to normal, handset-based 4G users.

The data quota can be availed in buckets of 35 GB per month for three months from the date of activation.

Source

I doubt tata sky will get Netflix in future like airtel/videocon
I think they have exclusive deal for a while(most probably) and tata sky already has its own VOD service which gives you most tv serials(hindi) if you missed them in last 5 days.
English/hindi movies are there too.
More than 100 i think so for free.
Classic tv shows too like office office and shahrukh's circus+fauji and many others.

Till last week most BBC shows were there to download for free which were more than 3 years old but they are gone.

All showcase movies are available to download too at 1080p but they are of Rs100.
But i really hope they bring netflix in future.

That`s a lot of apps. Thanks for sharing.

Looking at product description I thought it was limited to only those. Do have Chromecast and use 90% for youtube only.

Recently liked few amazon originals, casting on TV was not so suitable as phone was getting hot with screen mirroring.

Says supports DD 5.1 out, not sure how much shows has the DD out?

App list shows ES File Explorer, playing videos from NAS seems possible with some tinkering, not sure.

Would be interesting to know ability to do torrents ?

Ordered one.
Kodi can be side loaded on it to use it as a player for videos stored on NAS. What bugs me is that DTS isnt supported, or did they just miss it?

Kodi can be side loaded on it to use it as a player for videos stored on NAS. What bugs me is that DTS isnt supported, or did they just miss it?

Product description shows DD but not DTS, but HDMI pass through for 7.1.

Content formats supported are for apps like Prime video or NAS playback ?

Back