Amazon.in Closed my account with no reason

jituthejeet

Disciple
I received e-mail from Amazon.in that my account is closed. On my follow-up they mentioned that they reviewed the information provided and can not reinstate my account.

What are my options now? I don't know why they did that.

Nope. I recently returned one shoe which was not as per description mentioned on website i.e. color was different. I am yet to receive the refund of that order.

Also - this was my first return on Amazon.in

After that I ordered something for Rs. 1 (as per offer) and in night received e-mail that account is closed.

Please suggest where I should escalate this?[DOUBLEPOST=1413197239][/DOUBLEPOST]I did not expect this from Amazon.in

Do you have multiple accounts with same card details? or did you try to use a dummy card???
I once tried using a dummy VISA card on amazon.com and my account was blocked....

By dummy I mean the card no and info which is used to test payment gateways....

I just ordered a 1 Re item on amazon and don't really want my account to be blocked. I have same single account only and is used for amazon US and amazon India purchases.

My wife used my credit card for a purchase today which is already registered with my account.

That should not be the reason for closing our accounts. No ?
Ideally should not be.... but Thats what an email from Amazon had said... I simply signed up for a new account instead of serving them my brains for dinner...
But with my account I am sure the cause was I used the test card.... and the payment didnt go through and the account got blocked :)

Ideally should not be.... but Thats what an email from Amazon had said... I simply signed up for a new account instead of serving them my brains for dinner...
But with my account I am sure the cause was I used the test card.... and the payment didnt go through and the account got blocked :)

But card not getting accepted should not be grounds for blocking account right ?
I have had one case where my credit card was not accepted and my order page stayed on "Waiting for Payment" and then for some reason it was declined. So then I used my debit card and it went through.
I am getting scared at these account block because I have close to $780 in my amazon account. :eek:

But card not getting accepted should not be grounds for blocking account right ?
I have had one case where my credit card was not accepted and my order page stayed on "Waiting for Payment" and then for some reason it was declined. So then I used my debit card and it went through.
I am getting scared at these account block because I have close to $780 in my amazon account. :eek:
That is because of payment gateway issues and the bank returns a message accordingly... with test cards its clearly bouncing back.... so they closed the account...

Yours only amazon can tell....

no issues here, amazon service has been great so far, something must definitely be off, maybe ur bank declined amazon payment - check with them aswell .. cuz sometimes they cancel 1rs transaction thinking its just used for verification purposes.. so amazon must have kept trying to cut 1rs.. (this is what i think might be an issue) maybe not.. but check anyway

I dont think it is an issue with same card on multiple accounts - I have two Amazon A/C with same cards since Amazon cancels second purchase of the same item if done on same A/C with nearby dates.

Same thing happened with my friend. I gifted him 2 gift cards. One worth Rs.300 using my Debit card and the other worth Rs.1000 from my dad's card(same Amazon account btw). My friend used it to purchase a ps4 game worth 4k. He used my gift cards and paid the remaining money via his card. Later Amazon cancelled the order and closed his account. They only refunded the amount which he paid. No refund for the gift card amount. Also, his account is closed.

Back