Amazon India - Feedback Thread

You can contact CC and ask them to see if you can get the item faster than usual. It worked for me in past for an urgent delivery but Im not sure about seller fulfilled orders

Bug in the checkout process... Amazon is not allowing me to checkout when I try and purchase a Gillette Shave Gel (keeps looping to the 'Select Shipping Options' page. I suspect that this is because the gel requires surface shipping but the only options available to me are same/next/2 day delivery. Probably there is the code checks for this, but since there is no alternate for 'normal 4-7 day' delivery, it's not allowing me to proceed.

Too lazy to raise this with the Amazon CC. :p

Bug in the checkout process... Amazon is not allowing me to checkout when I try and purchase a Gillette Shave Gel (keeps looping to the 'Select Shipping Options' page. I suspect that this is because the gel requires surface shipping but the only options available to me are same/next/2 day delivery. Probably there is the code checks for this, but since there is no alternate for 'normal 4-7 day' delivery, it's not allowing me to proceed.

Too lazy to raise this with the Amazon CC. :p
It happens when they are either not delivering to your address or the item has gone OOS. Check for any message on the top screen.

What has happened to Amazon India? They've gone from bad to worse. Six days for Bhiwandi to Pune delivery. Rescheduling return pick-up 4 times! Order getting canceled automatically after two fake delivery attempts. Response from their CC is usual meaningless apologies and empty promises. It has no right to call itself Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company anymore.

Same here. Been getting package delivered messages from Amazon/DTDC for something which hasn't even been delivered yet! And the messages come every few minutes for the last few days. Apologies don't help when you don't fix your shit. :/

They haven't pickup return shipment since 20 days now but got refund after 3rd call to CC. Shipments even after Prime membership takes more than 7 days now.

On my recommendation friend placed an order for one WD Blue hard disk from Amazon some 10 days ago. It was supposed to have been delivered this week. Seller sent a mail today saying the hard disk is not in stock and asked him if he would accept another model. Like wtf? Took two weeks to say that the product in question is not in stock?
The payment was made using debit card and the amount has already been charged from his account.
What's strange is the particular order is not there in his order history. Is this normal? And last I heard he said he couldn't trace back the seller.
Already contacted Amazon Support on Twitter. Thought I should post about the experience here.

They haven't pickup return shipment since 20 days now but got refund after 3rd call to CC. Shipments even after Prime membership takes more than 7 days now.
Same here. Contacted support on Sunday and then today again. Got atleast one "return rescheduled" since I asked for return.

Even my cousin has arranged a pickup for 2 weeks at least but no one has come to pick it up.

I once ordered Xiaomi Redmi 3 (during short sales) , for almost two weeks after scheduled delivery date there was no sign of my parcel , I contacted amazon and they assured that parcel was on way and they set it to high priority, on the other hand the couier person had no idea about my parcel..
I was forced to cancel the order, and day after cancelling the order the courier guy contacted me and said they got my parcel.
I immediately contacted amazon and they told me that once the order is cancelled, i cannot get parcel.. Damn amazon
Though I have to admit, other than that order I never had issues with Amazon, I even got refund for an order I didn't like.

'Great Indian Sale' is nothing but regular Amazon. The discounts that are highlighted are the same as the ones we see all year round..

2 years back the sale or lightning deals really meant something or may be I was not looking hard enough back then.

This is just a farce.

Indeed, I was checking a SanDisk 16gb pendrive at 339/- but in one of the reviews with a screenshot attached, it had a price tag of 280/-.
This is actually what they do everywhere.

Managed to find one decent deal on Amazon. Stanley open ended spanner set, which was in my cart for so many months with a price of Rs.339, was on lightning deal for Rs.199 yesterday. :)

AmazonIN has become smart day by day.

They are removing groceries from the normal delivery and taking them to Pantry. Reducing discounts on products and giving cash backs on Amazon balance.

Managed to find one decent deal on Amazon. Stanley open ended spanner set, which was in my cart for so many months with a price of Rs.339, was on lightning deal for Rs.199 yesterday. :)
Link please.

Amazon is doing Flipkart now. Deep discount a product and then when you order them they will cancel it citing 'error' on their part as reason. Happened 3 times now in last 2 weeks. I am regretting prime membership now, it only good for those who have access to one day deliveries and pantry and stuff.

Back