Amazon India - Feedback Thread

Chatted with an Amazon rep. They have confirmed that one item will be delivered today while they are looking into why this is happening for the other 2 orders.

Just Browsing....and Found This One

aske0MV.png

Just got an rx480 from amazon global, One word for amazon service, Flawless. was not asked for anything above 17K and it came in 10 days as opposed to 22nd,

But of course my first AMD girlfriend in 5 Years suffers from a decade old Video memory issue that Cant Be Fixed, STFU AMD.

Card wont work with more than 1 stick or 8gigs of ram, initiating a refund.

I dont know where to go from Here, I am NOT paying 20K or more for a 10K card, Sapphire rx480 is 22K.............

Just got an rx480 from amazon global, One word for amazon service, Flawless. was not asked for anything above 17K and it came in 10 days as opposed to 22nd,

But of course my first AMD girlfriend in 5 Years suffers from a decade old Video memory issue that Cant Be Fixed, STFU AMD.

Card wont work with more than 1 stick or 8gigs of ram, initiating a refund.

I dont know where to go from Here, I am NOT paying 20K or more for a 10K card, Sapphire rx480 is 22K.............
Which card did you buy. And customs amount on card fully utilized or was some refund was due

I bought a USB 3.1/3/2 pendrive from Amazon (Kingston DT50 8GB). Problem is the copy speeds on it are extremely low - just max 7MBps and read speeds are max 80MBps. These speeds are the same in Windows and Linux. Can I return the drive saying it's not performing according to the speeds of USB 3? Or is it a crap drive or a lemon?

(My internet got killed after a lightning strike so can't upload the benchmark pics now).

I bought a USB 3.1/3/2 pendrive from Amazon (Kingston DT50 8GB). Problem is the copy speeds on it are extremely low - just max 7MBps and read speeds are max 80MBps. These speeds are the same in Windows and Linux. Can I return the drive saying it's not performing according to the speeds of USB 3? Or is it a crap drive or a lemon?

(My internet got killed after a lightning strike so can't upload the benchmark pics now).
Have you checked online for reviews for this pen drive? Or atleast the reviews on Amazon?
Are other people getting the slow write speed as well?

Write speed will depend on the flash technology used for the pendrive and not on USB 2/3 technology.

Yeah, gotta check the fine print in the specs. Just being USB3 is not enough, quality of the flash storage matters. Probably normal/expected speeds for the Kingston you got.

I recently got a new SanDisk 16GB stick which has write speeds around 20 MB/s (not bad) while a 5+ year old Corsair VoyagerGT one (which I bought locally in the US while visiting there on work) does 40 MB/s easily - these are write speeds.

Have you checked online for reviews for this pen drive? Or atleast the reviews on Amazon?
Are other people getting the slow write speed as well?

Write speed will depend on the flash technology used for the pendrive and not on USB 2/3 technology.

There were no reviews on Amazon for the drive. Unfortunately I didn't check reviews on the web too.

@vishalrao, even my 4+ year old transcend 16GB USB 3 drive gives me 40+ MBps write speeds and 80+MBps read speeds.

Probably this Kingston drive is crap. :(
Waste of money.

Edit: Another person who bought the 32GB version seems to be getting the same 6-7MBps speeds. So it seems the product is crap.

Last edited:
There were no reviews on Amazon for the drive. Unfortunately I didn't check reviews on the web too.

@vishalrao, even my 4+ year old transcend 16GB USB 3 drive gives me 40+ MBps write speeds and 80+MBps read speeds.

Probably this Kingston drive is crap. :(
Waste of money.

Edit: Another person who bought the 32GB version seems to be getting the same 6-7MBps speeds. So it seems the product is crap.
I think it might be a good idea to drop a 1 star review for the product,so that others don't fall for the trap.

Its the sam
Yeah, gotta check the fine print in the specs. Just being USB3 is not enough, quality of the flash storage matters. Probably normal/expected speeds for the Kingston you got.

I recently got a new SanDisk 16GB stick which has write speeds around 20 MB/s (not bad) while a 5+ year old Corsair VoyagerGT one (which I bought locally in the US while visiting there on work) does 40 MB/s easily - these are write speeds.

+1

Controllers and NAND types make all the difference. You need to check yours.

Additionally - this is not something I can confirm - but the filesystem may make a minor difference. With exfat, i found poor performance, NTFS better and FAT best. However, this may be related to the FS itself, rather than being a function of the hardware.

How do I check which controller is used?
I got the same read write speeds when it was formatted as ext4. Linux showed copy speeds of 40MBps at first but after few seconds it kept falling continuosly till it reached 7MBps. Both Windows and Linux took around 3-4 minutes to copy a 250 MB file.

LinuxExt4-benchmark.png

Kingston-NTFSspeeds.png

Kingston-Fat32speeds.png

Drive is shit. No other word to describe it.

Thought I would share my recent experience regarding buying a WD drive from a seller on Amazon India.

On the 18th of May' 2017 I ordered a Western Digital 1TB RED drive from Amazon India through a seller (Seller Name: LT en ligne). It was covered under Amazon Prime. The drive was priced at Rs.4,490/-. The drive retails for a 5.6k locally here in Kolkata so the 4.5k price tag was nice to see.

The said drive arrived the very next day, on the 19th of May. I didn't check the drive then as I was a little busy over the next few days and the box was kept in a safe, dry place. A few days from then I finally proceeded to un-box the drive to connect it to my NAS rig at home. Upon un-boxing, I saw that the drive came well packed in Amazon's own inherent cardboard box and then inside a plastic foamed container. I was very pleased that the seller had taken care to wrap with care. However, taking the drive out of the box I instantly noticed that the drive didn't come in it's default anti-static silver colored pack. It was wrapped in an unsealed SanDisk 240GB Ultra 2 SSD pack.

Taking the drive out, it looked fine, no physical damage. Connecting it to my storage PC at home though told me the drive was dead. It didn't show up, did not get detected. I proceeded to connect the drive to 3 other systems in my home but had no luck on them either. I then even tried it through my HDD docking station but it just didn't budge.

Thankfully, this was under prime and I instantly made a return and refund request which was handled by Amazon seamlessly.

I have not left any kind of negative feedback for the seller but was contemplating if I should?

Here are a few photographs of the said Western Digital 1TB RED (WD10EFRX) drive:

IMAGE00779.jpg

The drive inside the foam padded plastic box which came in Amazon's inherent cardboard box.

3c5f2c662a.jpg

IMAGE00780_1_2.jpg

The drive packed in an unsealed Sandisk 240GB Ultra 2 pack.

Last edited:
Left negative feedback for seller. Hope he gets taken off Amazon India soon, he has garnered several negative feedback over the last few weeks it seems.

Describing the issue would've helped future buyers. A short review tagging the seller would've helped. Amazon will hardly bother removing someone just because he/she got 1 negative feedback

Back