Amazon India - Feedback Thread

Order a book from Amazon India(fulfilled by amazon) on 15 Oct still have not received.
Already mailed 3 times.
Shipped via Bluedart.
Mailed them twice.

First time ordered from Amazon. Only to find out they don't deliver on Sundays! Also, they haven't updated tracking status since Sat eve! Can't believe they're taking 4 days for Bhiwandi to Pune delivery!

First time ordered from Amazon. Only to find out they don't deliver on Sundays! Also, they haven't updated tracking status since Sat eve! Can't believe they're taking 4 days for Bhiwandi to Pune delivery!
Give those delivery boys a break dude ! They're also human. Sheesh, Sunday deliveries. :rolleyes:
I've noticed Flipkart specifically mentioning delivery dates with holidays taken into account. And there's normally no shipment movement on those days. To me, that's the sign of a healthy organisation. Forcing Sunday deliveries is just pushing it !:dead:

Give those delivery boys a break dude ! They're also human. Sheesh, Sunday deliveries. :rolleyes:
I've noticed Flipkart specifically mentioning delivery dates with holidays taken into account. And there's normally no shipment movement on those days. To me, that's the sign of a healthy organisation. Forcing Sunday deliveries is just pushing it !:dead:
Haha! I guess FK has spoiled me! :p They've always delivered my orders within 24-48 hours, no matter if it's a Sunday or any other holiday! :)

@ganesh177

You call that fairly packed? Looks really well packed to me or are the pictures misleading?
The air pack u could see on top, but there were none at the bottom.
I guess 1 or 2 would had done fine in the bottom as well.

Fair is still a postive comment. Flipkart have set a high standards, yesterday i received 175 rs binder file from them and damn it was packed as if it was a glass item.

I bought a thermometer from amazon.in few days back and the box it came in was like 20 times size of the thermometer, may be more. And the air filled bags inside and what not. I felt it was wastage of the box, a small box would have done the job. Over packaging. Not that i don't like it but wastage of paper/box in my opinion.

Finally received my first order from Amazon India, but not without a hitch. Delivery guy wasn't very honest about "Delivery attempted, addressee not available." I had to contact support to get it delivered.

I had purchased 3 books from Amazon on 28th of October. I had to retry the payment as Amazon sent me a mail that the payment want received. However the amount was deducted from my bank account. I thought it would be credited back to my account, but hasn't happened so till now. Have sent a mail to Amazon CC. Let's see.

Regarding the packaging, it was fairly basic with the books kept inside a box with some 'air-bags', and nothing else.

What is with Amazon delivery guys? They were supposed to deliver my second order today. But nobody showed. Nobody called. Even the tracking status wasn't updated until I contacted support. Support told me that delivery was attempted today and item was not delivered due to incorrect address! What?? Just the other day, they delivered on the same address & now it's incorrect? :rolleyes: Plus, they don't even bother to call. Why ask for contact no then? Even local courier guys has a sense to call to check availability or ask directions. But these guys just seem to opt for lying, "Addressee not available", "Incorrect address." I had high hopes when I opted for "Fulfilled by Amazon", but so far it's been disappointing.

Bought a Lumia 520 recently from Amazon.
It was delivered by GATI. They delivered it on Sunday.
When I placed the order(31st Oct), the expected date of delivery was 9th November. They delivered it on 3rd November. The GATI guys called me up in the morning and said that they would be coming by 3pm. It was a COD order.

Received my second order yesterday morning after talking to support. Packaging was so-so. Airbags were all on the side of the free camera bag, but nothing was protecting the 23k worth camera! Not even a bubble wrap! :dead:

Ordered an UPS from seller ohmelectricals on Amazon India. No Protection whatsoever. Product was thrashed, front panel broken and small plastic parts lying around in the box.:mad: Default manufacturer thermocol had become breadcrumbs. Have asked for return.

Nope. Amazon ain't worth it. Not at all.

Ordered a book off Amazon India a week ago. The wife wanted it.
It took calls, emails and a whole lotta shouting to get the damn thing delivered properly.

Considering when Flipkart can get stuff delivered across India within 3-4 days, 2-3 for metro's, Amazon should have no excuse.
No thank you Amazon. Keep your crappy service to yourself. Flipkart it is for me, moving foward.

Bought a book from Amazon India.
Total time after order 3 and half days.
Packaging was not good.
Only a big envelope for a small book.
No cardboard or bubble wrap over the book.
First time got something through Gati.
But,Gati courier guy was not happy and was complaining that this is not his area and they don't deliver here.

I had purchased 3 bike models [1:6, 1:10 and 1:12] in last 2 months, one via COD, other 2 prepaid. all 3 were from the same seller. Above average packing, Arrived in time. Order was fulfilled by amazon.
purchased 1 Car model [1:18] via prepaid, took ~13 days to arrive. order wasn't fulfilled by amazon, packing was above average.

Back