Amazon India is becoming a Joke day by day. Please keep your eyes open when dealing with them.

Ramadhir Singh

Wasseypur
Adept
Stopped using flipkart long back, when they didn't have good pricing, and their website suks.

Amazon shined that time for amazing pricing and blazing fast deliveries, Over last couple of year i bought from amazon my eyes closed, and never ever looked to any other shopping site.

Until few moth before when ordered a kitchen utensil in Lightening deal, they say its half price.
But when received the product, the price i paid was 200/- more then the MRP printed in the box ( ~1800/- MRP printed, paid ~Rs. 2025/-) customer services has their own excused to justify that.
Its not acceptable to me, specially for a company such as Amazon.in, but i thought not to waste my time for just 200/-. I moved on.

Now this very recent experience once i stated looking other sites then amazon & compare.

Needed a laptop battery & an external DVD writer.
Went to amazon.in , seen the Samsung one available ~1600/- with amazon prime 1-2day delivery, no brainier !!
while this, i was tempted by their flashing promotion on books, quickly added 7-8 books available in prime as well, along with the drive.
Before i pay one book listed 175/- was suddenly became unavailable in prime, and asked me to pay 280/- plus 70/- shipping) so i dropped this book And placed the order right there (Monday morning , 29-August-2016). everything was on prime delivery 1-2days.

Dell Laptop battery was priced 4700/- in amazon, 2100/- in Ebay. both labeled as Dell original.
I was super skeptical about ebay, but my inner-feeling is not allowing me to pay ~5K for a battery. ( skipped this on Monday morning)
So called the ebay guy monday night, he was professional & super polite answered all the queries & repeated the same thing which he already written in his listing. I was still not very confident, but to save 3K placed order in ebay ( Tuesday, 30-August-2016) ( the store selling only laptop battery, since year 2000, so i was ready to take the risk)

Now the book which i missed, in amazon prime. i goggled & found available in infibeam. Rs.175 + 40/- shipping, which i ordered on Monday evening .

Now see how Amazon India & their prime had failed miserably here here
  • Battery Delivered yesterday 2-Sept, 2016 ( yes it was all India strike, but they buy delivered ~11:30 in morning )
  • infibeam delivered the book , just sometime back (3-sept) which inspired me to write this.
  • Amazon - prime.... Amazon prime?? Amazon Prime :D - Not received yet. 1-day gone, 2-day go went gone. yet to receive Out for delivery SMS from them. Not a single items as of now !!
Amazon India , please stop chewing what you cant eat!!

TL;DR
  1. check pricing in amazon India with eyes & brain open, shut down heart.
  2. Double check when things got deliver from them.
  3. Before placing order. check if anyone selling them in better price.
  4. Amazon prime is just a marketing gimmick. just a renamed fulfilled by amazon.

I have a completely opposite experience.

eBay sucks and most probably the battery you got is a 1st copy.

Amazon has always delivered in the promised timelines... always. Flipkart has been a close second.

As for eBay, their customer care sucks worst! Try returning a product and you will see the difference.

I remember returning a moto g phone on eBay as it was not in the condition as mentioned in the listing, paid return delivery about 1200 and was refunded the amount in form of eBay coupons after 3 months. Also if you raise a dispute on eBay they would try reaching you once, if you miss the call.. Your case is closed in favour of seller

But when received the product, the price i paid was 200/- more then the MRP printed in the box ( ~1800/- MRP printed, paid ~Rs. 2025/-) customer services has their own excused to justify that.
This happens a lot at offline stores as well. Dealers stick to the latest company supplied price list, no matter what's printed on the packaging. This usually happens with old stock, which carries lower MRP. I used to argue that they are not selling a rare commodity, the price of which appreciates just by keeping it their store for couple of years but they won't budge.

Also, I occasionally find same products with two different prices kept in the same rack at stores like Reliance Fresh and EasyDay. Their production date usually differs by a month or so.

Before i pay one book listed 175/- was suddenly became unavailable in prime, and asked me to pay 280/- plus 70/- shipping) so i dropped this book
They track your browsing behavior, cookies, history etc.

Before i pay one book listed 175/- was suddenly became unavailable in prime, and asked me to pay 280/- plus 70/- shipping)

Probably the book you wanted (Prime eligible) went OOS and it automatically chose the next best price - which happened to be a seller not under Prime and with his own shipping charges.

As much one might like to believe the myth of good services, India is a price sensitive market. Everyone spends a lot of time analyzing and checking prices so that they don't feel like a fool if someone says "hey I bought this for 10 rs less than you".

Amazon prime and its being free is coming to bite Amazon, there is a thread where this has been discussed:
https://www.techenclave.com/community/threads/amazon-prime-is-now-in-india.180635/

Btw, shouldn't this thread exist in "Consumer Feedback" instead of GT?

Prices are set by the sellers. You must without exception check prices on other sites. As for delivery Amazon delivers in 3-4days here.

whom did you contact at Amazon India? I have complained two times but nothing has changed.
first with their online chat, who then provided email:- resolution-in@amazon.in , plus amazon help twitter.

for others, who referring ebay, i seriously never bought anything form them at-lest in last 7-8 years :) but the gamble i did was of very low risk. battery i received is working good, almost similar performance 2.5hr backup. And is original ( the first one came with laptop was made in Japan, but this one is made in Vietnam).

My intention is not anything against Amazon, but i use to trust them blindly, NOT anymore.
Found few compare website such as priceraja, anyone please know similar let me know.

^compare.buyhatke.com

And I too am facing similar problems!
OK in the last month, I understand that it was Rakshabandhan so they were terrible on deliveries. Since I had booked some 15 days prior so that the gifts reach on time, but they did not! In fact I had to assist them by telling them where my packages are currently because I was in contact with the courier and they weren't.

But that was last month! Even after that now whatever delivery speeds I ask for is either unavailable on the item or it cannot be shipped by 1 or 2 day delivery.
And that is okay, I don't expect that fast too. But atleast deliver it in 5-7 days. I live in ahmedabad and my location is quite well known but still the package will arrive at ahmedabad, then rest 2 days there and then will reach my home, at the last day of their expected date.
Check this out,
The product was ordered on Thursday late night. It showed expected to be shipped on 2nd but it did not. Finally it got shipped on 3rd and now it is resting at Ahmedabad hub. The hub is some 10-12kms away from my home. But they won't deliver it today, they will deliver it tomorrow or maybe even later. This is not new, this has started happening since the prime launch.
Last whole month was like a test of my patience! :arghh::nailbiting:

Attachments

• amazon.png
    amazon.png
    53.7 KB · Views: 319
I have placed more than half a dozen orders since activating my Prime membership and none of the deliveries have missed their date. In fact, many of them are delivered the next day. Prime aside, I recently needed to return a seller-fulfilled order and found no prior information on Amazon that the order had to be shipped by me at my expense to the other side of the country. When I stated this, they refunded the courier charges and also refunded the product amount even before the seller's confirmation of having received the product.

Flipkart used to be really good with their customer service 2-3 years back but have been failing miserably for the past year or two. Moreover, many of the sellers seem to have deserted it on account of which the range as well as the price is no longer competitive. I guess it is now mostly useful for exchanging mobile phones.

I use eBay only when I receive the high value (3k to 5k/10 to 15% off) coupons and limit myself to prominent products from PowerSellers since many of the sellers are untrustworthy and the refund process is quite a hassle.

for pricing you need to check other websites to know the correct price.
there are many products that are selling at very high price because there are only few sellers selling it or the seller thinks he could sell at that price without any problem.

Am updating of what I'm facing right now.
You see as I had told you all, it comes to Ahmedabad, then rest there since it has done such a long journey from Bangalore, probably in a first class Jet Airways!
It's clearly stated there Prime fulfilled Free delivery in 2-4 days!
If I ordered on 1st, and today is 6th and I will receiving it tomorrow, that's 6 days! Did they mean 2+4 days? o_O:shifty:
amazon1.png

@aKp1 The same thing is happening with me, the product reaches from Bangalore to Nagpur in 1 day then it stays there for another 2-4 days before delivery. Amazon has messed up the delivery system badly after the Prime launch, i used to get 24 hrs option but now even 2 days option is not there.

Yeah me too not getting the options itself of one day two day deliveries.
What is the meaning of Prime if you are only getting 1 day-2 day delivery on a handful of products.
It is just a prime fulfilled free delivery in 2-4 days which is even not meant. They apparently deliver it on 6th or 7th day. I just raised a complaint on amazon. The cc is always friendly and will act as if he is there only for you, but it seems they are trained to console the angry customers not to solve their problems.

^^ I agree with you. Prime is plain farce and nothing else. Order one wall clock on 1st Sept and expected delivery date was 5th Sept. It was shipped by ATS. In the evening of 5th, got SMS ' delivery count not be completed, customer not available". that too when my wife was present all the time. And I did not receive any call from courier person. I wrote mail to cc and got full page reply and assured delivery will be done next day i.e. 6th Sept.

Here comes 6th. Same story repeated . got same SMS and no call from them and even no delivery attempted (even check my CCTV footage). When sent mail to Amazon, same apologist mail(full page) and I was told now expected delivery is 8th September.

Last edited:
^^ I agree with you. Prime is plain farce and nothing else. Order one wall clock on 1st Sept and expected delivery date was 5th Sept. In the evening got SMS ' delivery count not be completed, customer not available". that too when my wife was present all the time. And I did not receive any call from courier person. I wrote mail to cc and got full page reply and assured delivery will be done next day i.e. 6th Sept.

Here comes 6th. Same story repeated . got same SMS and no call from them and even no delivery attempted (even check my CCTV footage). When sent mail to Amazon, same apologist mail(full page) and I was told now expected delivery is 8th September.

Who was it shipped by?

Back