Amazon India lightning deals

I ordered 2x WD Red Pro 8TB Hard drives and Brother L2541DW Laser AIO. I was actually waiting for the prime day hoping there would be some discount on the printer and sure enough it was available for 13,999/- in Prime day deal yesterday. I added it to cart, but before I could checkout, I had to go for a meeting at office and by the time I came back, it was out of stock with the seller with the discount. Had to order from another seller at a higher price.

I ordered 2x WD Red Pro 8TB Hard drives and Brother L2541DW Laser AIO. I was actually waiting for the prime day hoping there would be some discount on the printer and sure enough it was available for 13,999/- in Prime day deal yesterday. I added it to cart, but before I could checkout, I had to go for a meeting at office and by the time I came back, it was out of stock with the seller with the discount. Had to order from another seller at a higher price.
Aio - 14200 after cashback.
https://paytmmall.com/shop/p/brothe...earch||1|production&site_id=2&child_site_id=6

I got it for same price on Amazon. Total bill including the hard disks was 70k. Used hdfc credit card to get Rs 1750 instant discount and will get another Rs 5250 cash back in September.

If I had placed the order a bit earlier, I would have got the AIO for 12.4k[DOUBLEPOST=1531888731][/DOUBLEPOST]
How much were they? Regular price now is 27.4k

Same price. But there was 10% discount + cash back offer on hdfc credit card. So got them for 24.7k each.

Last edited:
Are those the market prices? I got Seagate 8TB NAS drives with 5 years warranty (EXOs) for ~21K (all incl) offline.
I feel that Brick and Mortar shops are also offering more than competitive prices these days. It's just that many people including me are getting too used to the convenience of online shopping.
I was really gonna order some stuff during these sales just because they were offering the 10% discount, but I knew for a fact that I would get the batteries and inverter cheaper at a local shop so I stopped myself in time.

Are those the market prices? I got Seagate 8TB NAS drives with 5 years warranty (EXOs) for ~21K (all incl) offline.

Seagate drives are a few thousands cheaper than WD's, but I have lost my faith in the brand. I was quoted 26.5k including GST for the WD Gold 8 GB locally and Red Pro's have the same price range. However, I will also need to spend 3 hours on a Saturday and Rs 500 on a cab to pick those locally. Amazon works out cheaper in that sense they get delivered and if one of them is DOA, I can just request a replacement, instead of going back to the store again.

Prime ABGB has the WD Gold's for the same 24.7k. But I would trust Amazon's packaging and faster courier service over Pirme.

I feel that Brick and Mortar shops are also offering more than competitive prices these days. It's just that many people including me are getting too used to the convenience of online shopping.
I was really gonna order some stuff during these sales just because they were offering the 10% discount, but I knew for a fact that I would get the batteries and inverter cheaper at a local shop so I stopped myself in time.
yeah but you have spend time and money and endure traffic to visit brick and mortar stores or yuo can just order it online and be done with it

yeah but you have spend time and money and endure traffic to visit brick and mortar stores or yuo can just order it online and be done with it
Yes definitely. That's the convenience we are getting addicted to and rightly so. I was just mentioning how sometimes I don't even research prices anymore especially during sales. It would have still worked out for me if I had ordered the inverter as I live in a remote location and Amazon would still have delivered to my doorstep whereas the nearest town is around 70kms and no guarantee of competitive prices.
However, due to my location, I have found ways to buy products at prices lower than Amazon and still get them delivered to me. I usually find information of big dealers or in some cases even direct distributors and buy from them. They ship the product directly to me at very cheap rates using the very well connected transport network of our truckers. I kid you not, I got a wood planer weighing 250kgs shipped 300kms from Ludhiana to my doorstep for just 1200 bucks. The only issue with this arrangement is if the product is DOA then I will have to find the nearest service centre, which is also true(in some cases) if you are buying from sellers on Amazon rather than Cloudtail.

Yes definitely. That's the convenience we are getting addicted to and rightly so. I was just mentioning how sometimes I don't even research prices anymore especially during sales. It would have still worked out for me if I had ordered the inverter as I live in a remote location and Amazon would still have delivered to my doorstep whereas the nearest town is around 70kms and no guarantee of competitive prices.
However, due to my location, I have found ways to buy products at prices lower than Amazon and still get them delivered to me. I usually find information of big dealers or in some cases even direct distributors and buy from them. They ship the product directly to me at very cheap rates using the very well connected transport network of our truckers. I kid you not, I got a wood planer weighing 250kgs shipped 300kms from Ludhiana to my doorstep for just 1200 bucks. The only issue with this arrangement is if the product is DOA then I will have to find the nearest service centre, which is also true(in some cases) if you are buying from sellers on Amazon rather than Cloudtail.
The truck & bus network ships at insane prices as its mostly extra income for them. All the unutilized space gets sold for cheap.

TE.JPG
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B0...&linkId=a4516785177098c57292a5e6a6cfafdd&th=1

The Iphone 8 plus 64 gb was around 67k plus discounts as applicable[DOUBLEPOST=1532415821][/DOUBLEPOST]The Iphone 8 plus 64 gb was around 67k plus discounts as applicable

Back