Amazon Prime is now in India!

Today again they missed the delivery(more 1 hour to go) .... Again i enquired about the policy regarding this he said delivery amount will be given as amazon gift card as token of apology.
Now amazon policy testing time tomorrow(hope so.. In case they delivered today then no testing)
Previously they mentioned about extension for prime member.
And i also have recorded the conversation just to be sure that suddenly tomorrow it doesn't come not able to find address please add more details.
Update
After placing the call within half an hour estimate has been change to 10-13 with a note if it is not delivered by 14 then come back for more option.

Also cc email came for survey purpose (every time when we contact there customer service) but this time with a note :

Firstly accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you in this situation.

I see that you’re concerned about the delivery date of your order (here my product detail was mentioned which i have edited)

I've contacted ATS and provided them special instructions to deliver your package soon. I have requested them to deliver your product at the earliest with high priority.

I hope your product will be delivered shortly and I could assure you that the courier person whose is coming to deliver your product will call you before they deliver your package.

It's very important to us that our customers receive the products they purchase from Amazon.in, we appreciate your business and regret that these items haven't been delivered to you.

I sincerely appreciate your understanding and co-operation.

I hope this helps. It was my pleasure assisting you today. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Please use the survey below to tell us about your experience today.

Last edited:
Today again they missed the delivery(more 1 hour to go) .... Again i enquired about the policy regarding this he said delivery amount will be given as amazon gift card as token of apology.
Now amazon policy testing time tomorrow(hope so.. In case they delivered today then no testing)
Previously they mentioned about extension for prime member.
And i also have recorded the conversation just to be sure that suddenly tomorrow it doesn't come not able to find address please add more details.
Update
After placing the call within half an hour estimate has been change to 10-13 with a note if it is not delivered by 14 then come back for more option.

Also cc email came for survey purpose (every time when we contact there customer service) but this time with a note :

Firstly accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you in this situation.

I see that you’re concerned about the delivery date of your order (here my product detail was mentioned which i have edited)

I've contacted ATS and provided them special instructions to deliver your package soon. I have requested them to deliver your product at the earliest with high priority.

I hope your product will be delivered shortly and I could assure you that the courier person whose is coming to deliver your product will call you before they deliver your package.

It's very important to us that our customers receive the products they purchase from Amazon.in, we appreciate your business and regret that these items haven't been delivered to you.

I sincerely appreciate your understanding and co-operation.

I hope this helps. It was my pleasure assisting you today. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Please use the survey below to tell us about your experience today.
I would have cancelled the order and told them that I would buy from FlipKart or other store. They can keep the excuses to themselves.

Mine dispatched today... Mystery box what will be inside don't know yet maybe @Vagabond will reveal today..but whatever the thing it will be i love doing unboxing.. Even a personal thank u note will do

i got same excuse at CC care which it is total pathetic after receiver random delivered at different day which they has mess up the package due to not check status after i did order well mange for avoid confused the same package which was sold by cloudtail but they are package at different box where i order more than 15

i got same excuse at CC care which it is total pathetic after receiver random delivered at different day which they has mess up the package due to not check status after i did order well mange for avoid confused the same package which was sold by cloudtail but they are package at different box where i order more than 15

I spent 10 minutes trying to understand your post, then gave up.

Disappointing. I was expecting the bumper sticker. Even a cheap pen with a Prime logo would have been better. A small part of me was hoping it would be something like a USB flash drive

Looks like just a Prime sticker and a plastic square thingy. Maybe a keychain or some NFC tag. Not sure yet.
I did not hope for much... anyways.... But its ironic how they charge you Rs500/- upfront and then claim fast delivery is "FREE". Isnt that 500bucks charged for selling the service of Fast Delivery along with early access to some deals??
I am not complaining. I am happy about the Prime coming to India and having already used it before I signed up for it on the first day itself. But the FREE word is quite often misused.
I was but thinking that the welcome kit may contain a dash button as a part of its soft launch in India for Prime customers. Sooner or later it has to come in India too right?

Looks like just a Prime sticker and a plastic square thingy. Maybe a keychain or some NFC tag. Not sure yet.
I did not hope for much... anyways.... But its ironic how they charge you Rs500/- upfront and then claim fast delivery is "FREE". Isnt that 500bucks charged for selling the service of Fast Delivery along with early access to some deals??
I am not complaining. I am happy about the Prime coming to India and having already used it before I signed up for it on the first day itself. But the FREE word is quite often misused.
I was but thinking that the welcome kit may contain a dash button as a part of its soft launch in India for Prime customers. Sooner or later it has to come in India too right?
Absolutely ironic, Amazon sending there own product via Bluedart whose known for prompt delivery, extended my delivery to next working day !

The shipment arrived at hub hardly 4 Kms away from my home yesterday morning and its been there since yesterday.

Absolutely ironic, Amazon sending there own product via Bluedart whose known for prompt delivery, extended my delivery to next working day !

The shipment arrived at hub hardly 4 Kms away from my home yesterday morning and its been there since yesterday.
Yeah should have already started the drone delivery system in India :D

Thats a common thing with all online websites and courier companies these days. First they will make tall claims about speedy delivery and 1 day or two day delivery guarantee and then for whatever reason if the delivery is delayed they will put up excuses like
Address or pincode in correct.
Insufficient address.
Customer not available at address for delivery.
Premises locked.
etc etc etc.
Where as the only reason for such delayed deliveries is either they were too lazy to delivery it that same day or they messed up their claim and could not keep up with their word.

I so often get deliveries from Amazon sometimes > 3 days in a week. 2 days the delivery will go fine. 3rd day all of a sudden they wont be able to locate my address like I just moved my entire building from one part of the country to another. Its so annoying. Equally stupid is after writing a long detailed address with landmarks that even dogs and cats cannot miss I still get calls before every delivery asking me for the address.
Their style of asking is also strange. First they will call you and start by telling you that you have a delivery from amazon / flipkart. Then I tell them that yes I am expecting one. Please delivery it at the address. Then they will read the address and ask me where this is at.
and expect me to guide them turn by turn to my address. I never entertain them and simply tell them that the building is where it was for so long. I have not moved it.... :p
Infact even if they try to search the name of my apartment in google maps they shd be able to find it immediately. I have feeded it in google maps many years back. But typical lazy delivery guys they will never take the effort.
Sometime if there are 2 deliveries in a single day there will be two different guys delivering it. That one more strange thing about Amazon. Flipkart does not do this. They will always send all packages with the same guy.
sighh..... This post sounds like a rant now :(

@onlyravi maybe amazon messed ur delivery big time..
But for me they did it twice but deliver it next day of estimated delivery... Now iam really having very bad experience with flipkart delivery at mumbai,except for mobile. The delivery guy i know him from 2 years every time he will call me sir its raining can u come and collect or can i leave at his place (one flat at ground floor who is also regular shopper), now i stopped taking his calls. Because of this things i want to use cash on delivery but again iam too lazy to go to atm.
Now something which i ordered during their big billion sales delivery date is 18 oct and just now today only they have shipped and they didn't have any fast delivery option at that time.
Iam happy with my prime subscription (+video sub) but i think experience differs from person to person but one thing is sure it will be way way way better than the flipkart first.

Back