Amazon Prime is now in India!

Also best thing that you can ask for money difference of newly bought product ,if product is selling less after you have purchase it ,just tell them and they will match discounted price

Thanks I am going to do that, package was delivered 20hrs late.

Update:
Product still selling at same cost. They gave 200rs gift card, thanks guys for the pointer. It's not much but whatever; offsets the Prime cost a lilttle bit.

Last edited:
Another Prime delivery messed up. 3 days late after missing the delivery. So this time I decided to chat instead of email. And what a terrible, unresponsive session! Offered no apologies for the delay, no gift cards, no "can I help you with anything else?". It was like talking to a broken, dumb robot, who repeats same things, again and again, no matter the context. I had to do all the talking, had to ask few times "Hello, are you there??" I mean, aren't these guys supposed to frakin' helpful??

So disappointed with Amazon these days. Whatever reputation they earned in first two years since I joined, is going down the drain very fast.

So I tried Amazon pantry using Amazon prime. Items were carefully packed but IMO they waste a lot of packaging material. Though one item was missing and shipping status for the whole day and yet to be shipped "today".

Still in news:
https://www.fastcompany.com/3061686/free-shipping-is-a-lie

"As it expands its Prime service and other recent offerings, Amazon's net shipping costs—the difference between what it pays for shipping and the amount customers pay in shipping fees and Prime memberships—reached nearly $1.75 billion in the third quarter, its highest quarterly total ever outside of the peak holiday season"

Edit: Given the turn this thread has taken shouldn't this be moved to Consumer feedback?

Of late, I have been experiencing terrible, deplorable service from Amazon. In India at least, the prime service seems to be an utter joke.

Agreed that compared to the US and the UK (I have prime in Amazon.com and co.uk too) the prime charge (Rs.500) is nothing, but then, they also act like it is nothing.

Delivery deadlines are almost always being missed (especially the next day and same day delivery) and the response from the customer feedback is consistently idiotic.

If anyone else out there has a bone to pick, I think we could do it here.

For more complaints related to Amazon, you could look at these links:

http://www.indiaconsumerforum.org/tag/amazon/

http://www.consumercourt.in/online-shopping/138019-complain-against-amazon-india.html

The current last post here (http://www.consumercourt.in/online-shopping/138019-complain-against-amazon-india-2.html#post629777) is pretty much how the service has been even for me for most of my recent purchases.

If there are enough people, we could probably launch a PIL or something.

Last edited:
I ordered small expensive shampoo bottle and it came leaking. complained and got replacement sent and that too was leaking. I gave up and took my money back.

Most of the prime items are showing 7-8 days delivery period but packages usually get delivered on 2nd or 3rd day. I got message today morning that 2 packages of mine were out of delivery but till now no sight of delivery guy. No phone number is mentioned on sms too.

I recently learned about a new thing called "delivered in original packaging". I am in Canada currently, and ordered a space heater on amazon.ca and the delivery person left it on the doorstep. Amazingly, nobody stole it but the whole thing was thoroughly soaked by the time I got back. Had to warm it up indoors for a couple of days before it would start up.

I recently learned about a new thing called "delivered in original packaging". I am in Canada currently, and ordered a space heater on amazon.ca and the delivery person left it on the doorstep. Amazingly, nobody stole it but the whole thing was thoroughly soaked by the time I got back. Had to warm it up indoors for a couple of days before it would start up.
This is generally done for items that come in large boxes and are well packed for transportation by the mfg. Home theater systems or exercise equipment or ready to assemble furniture are the items you will commonly find mentioned "Delivered in Original packaging"

BTW Not exactly related to this Thread but Amazon has leased the entire Inorbit Mall in Pune. Earlier they has leased the 6 floors of 7 floors in a SEZ bldg behind Inorbit Mall campus.
They are hiring for backend office positions and I also heard that they will be shifting their city warehouse from Khadki to Inorbit Mall.

Back