Amazon Prime is now in India!

Is it Good Idea To Buy a Hard Disk which comes with No Warranty from Amazon Global Store ?

Seller is - Amazon Export Sell LLC
Product is - Seagate External HDD

how will you rma it if it goes bad in warranty period?

Yes...true that but the price is real good - atleast look like it....5TB Seagete expansion under 10k with everything.

http://www.amazon.in/Seagate-Expansion-Desktop-External-STEB5000100/dp/B00TKFEEBW?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_sfl_title_1&smid=AYAZOP86CGXY9

Also this reiview made me think..don't know if it is paid / sponsored

http://www.amazon.in/review/RAU094T2A4D4T/ref=cm_aya_cmt?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00TKFEEBW#wasThisHelpful

Prime Video available on Amazon app from today in india. just installed it.

Lots of genres available including Anime shows.
amazon-videos.png
[DOUBLEPOST=1481727296][/DOUBLEPOST]Doraemon is in Hindi dubbed. Even the best video quality looks like 480p for both streaming and downloading. TGT episode 4 was just around 350MB for ~30 minutes video. Weirdly streaming is faster than downloading.

Last edited:
Got the app installed on my smart TV as well. Need to check the collection though. PQ is HD 480p quality while streaming dint download though.

Video quality is blocky. Saw jagged edges on the cars in TGT. All the trailers I tried to watch were <240p and pixelated too much. One or two trailers picture quality improved 4-5 seconds of playing them, but the rest didn't.

A lot of films from Yash Raj banner are there to watch. Not bad considering everything's for free. I think all the tv series can be watched from season 1.

Comparing Prime Video to YouTube video quality of both 480p, YT wins by a lot. YT seems sharper. PV is lot softer or blurry and blocky.

Yes...true that but the price is real good - atleast look like it....5TB Seagete expansion under 10k with everything.

http://www.amazon.in/Seagate-Expansion-Desktop-External-STEB5000100/dp/B00TKFEEBW?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_sfl_title_1&smid=AYAZOP86CGXY9

Also this reiview made me think..don't know if it is paid / sponsored

http://www.amazon.in/review/RAU094T2A4D4T/ref=cm_aya_cmt?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00TKFEEBW#wasThisHelpful

Did you buy it? Price has gone down 1% since yesterday. I feel like buying it, but dread the disk going bad in future if its in warranty. We cant warranty it in India. Plus warranty is a headache and I wouldn't want to trouble anyone of my relatives over it.

Did you buy it? Price has gone down 1% since yesterday. I feel like buying it, but dread the disk going bad in future if its in warranty. We cant warranty it in India. Plus warranty is a headache and I wouldn't want to trouble anyone of my relatives over it.

Nope....after reading your comment....I backed out....I contacted the reviewer - The AC Adopter is Straight US Pin.

Lowest so far 9445.56 /- in total.

Currently I put it in my watch list....but price is very sweet where in Indian Model / Pricing almost double.

Last edited:
Well - Tested Amazon Prime Video at my Beelink GT1 Andriod Box, Nice IMDB message .....that one I like,not the movie.

Try to watch TGT,but it never start...hence this one...I guess the resolution is 480p using Jio 4G connection at JioFi Router.

Vnp2GdM.png

W9cvxsA.png

ORaDPz8.png

Last edited:
^^ Library seems to be smaller compared to Netflix at this stage.

http://www.livemint.com/Leisure/2kL...deo-vs-Netflix-Which-is-worth-your-money.html

My sister has a Netflix account in US and I can share the same account as it allows for parallel usage with my own separate profile. The catalog however is location based. I have also signed up for the 30 day trial of Amazon Prime, but I don't think I will be paying for the subscription at the end of the trial.

Japanese Anime don't have the OP & Ed songs in them. No OP or Ed files to see or hear too. Quality is around hdtv 720p levels on wired connection. Not as good as TataSky HD channels though. Some anime are in Japanese with Eng subs off.

This is the best pic quality i could get for entire episodes on a 2Mbit connection. Took it with a phone so had to resize it to 1600 to be able to upload it here. If I took a screenshot, you will see the same pause screen as above which dissel has posted. I wish Amazon bumps up the video quality to atleast high quality 720p hdtv levels. Its not crisp like hdtv is and there's too much blocky scenes sometimes in action sequences.
resized1600.jpg

Tried watching a couple of episodes of Rizzoli and Isles. The quality of video is mostly poor, even on my 4 mbps BSNL connection. Occasionally, the quality improved, but never to 720p standards. Hope the quality improves. Amazon should also allow youtube like option to choose video quality. Right now, it's just a toggle between SD quality and auto.

Same experience with TGT Episode 5 Morroccan Roll - 90% time it is SD quality and goes down to 144p I guess then 240p...A very few moments it is near HD. With same connection I can watch 720p all the time with Kodi from Exodus Repository as I did for earlier episodes...but then again no IMDB thingy and the same day broadcast.

bShzPim.png

L1oX6XP.png

g0cs3vJ.png

Just checked, even with the settings turned on best, and downloaded, I can see pixelation.

However, when watching on the move, not noticable.

I think all the videos are made for phone type small 4-5 inch screens and not for large screen tv's. Even a 100MB HEVC file has better quality than what Prime video is dishing out. I wonder why they didn't go with HEVC or x265 video codec. I'm sure most phones today can play that format easily if its encoded to the format specifications.

Forgot to say most of the videos have so much banding in them. Its horrible to watch such scenes.

Last edited:
Was thinking about paying for Prime.
Currently Amazon has a cashback offer going on for using Amazon Pay. 15% cashback for Prime subscribers (limited to Rs.450). Using that will be able to recoup almost the cost of the subscription.

What do you guys suggest?

Well to me it looks like a good deal. You get to watch some old and new tv series and movies for a passable quality without any ads on 10 android devices. Plus fast Prime delivery if its available. Even 499 looks like a good deal for this. For 999, I'd expect atleast a choice to select 720p video quality for all devices.

Well to me it looks like a good deal. You get to watch some old and new tv series and movies for a passable quality without any ads on 10 android devices. Plus fast Prime delivery if its available. Even 499 looks like a good deal for this. For 999, I'd expect atleast a choice to select 720p video quality for all devices.
Does Prime video allow downloading content for offline viewing?

Back