Amazon Prime is now in India!

Bought Prime access for Rs.499
There was an offer going on. If you use Debit card to pay, you get 10% cashback in Amazon Pay. Only condition is you should never have used any Debit card in your account.

After that bought Game of Thrones for Rs.1800 (effectively Rs.1530 as I will get 15% cashback for being a Prime member)

http://www.amazon.in/gp/aw/d/000747...18_SY170_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=game+of+thrones

Now keeping a watch on Samsung Evo Plus card to get the remaining part of the max cashback possible.

If I get the 10% off for first time debit card usage(Don't remember if I have ever used any debit card to pay or not), my Prime membership will effectively become free

Guys, i have a nagging suspicion about Amazon India's Prime service levels for shipment.

Back at launch & trial, i placed a few orders and all were delivered super fast and in some cases within or just over 24hours. However of late - I've noticed that items marked "PRIME" are showing 2-4 business days expected timelines for delivery & I even have PRIME orders being shipped by Amazon using --- wait for it --- INDIAPOST! WTF!! So this got me thinking again - JUST EXACTLY WTF is PRIME supposed to offer? Apart from some crappy Prime wrapping tape on the brown boxes - where is the damn benefit anymore in ordering items through a PRIME membership?

I just tweeted out to them but at usual - i've got robotic answers in return.

Is this the case for any of you guys here too? or is it just my observations/luck?

I get 4-6 days for delivery but all items come within 2-3 days. I guess they choose fastest method of shipping to a place and possibly even the track record of all 3rd party shippers.

Guys, i have a nagging suspicion about Amazon India's Prime service levels for shipment.

Back at launch & trial, i placed a few orders and all were delivered super fast and in some cases within or just over 24hours. However of late - I've noticed that items marked "PRIME" are showing 2-4 business days expected timelines for delivery & I even have PRIME orders being shipped by Amazon using --- wait for it --- INDIAPOST! WTF!! So this got me thinking again - JUST EXACTLY WTF is PRIME supposed to offer? Apart from some crappy Prime wrapping tape on the brown boxes - where is the damn benefit anymore in ordering items through a PRIME membership?

I just tweeted out to them but at usual - i've got robotic answers in return.

Is this the case for any of you guys here too? or is it just my observations/luck?

Prime shipments appear to be second class or even third class citizens to Amazon India logistics. Every 1 day or two delivery option for me ended up 2-4 days or even later. Prime in India is sub-Prime.

To me if this was the case, it leaves a bad taste..

1. It would imply Amazon India have used the bait & switch tactic
2. Service levels are not being monitored
3. In an effort to increase coverage of items under prime, non stocked items & maybe from small scale vendors in big sourcing cities are being permitted
4. There's no real tangible benefit over standard orders and shipping for Prime members

OT
Is the prime video uncensored ?
Only then I guess it's worth buying for me . As I watch the serials and hate to see them get cut .

Some are uncensored and some aren't. I saw Californication yesterday and in the pilot episode, they had censored the nipples only in one scene. Next scene no censor. 3rd scene and 4th scene again only nipples are censored.

Some movies they cut the sex scenes. Other movies are rated 16/18+ without any censoring.

I don't know what criteria they use for censoring. I guess they have just started censoring tv shows so it may take time before they upload censored versions of movies.

Back