Amazon Prime to cost Rs 999/yr soon

swatkats

Skilled
Amazon India will increase the subscription charge for its Amazon Prime service to Rs999 in India in the coming days, up from the current introductory price of Rs499.

“Prime membership is available for only a few more days at the special introductory price of Rs499 a year...after which we’ll move to the strikethrough price of Rs999,” Amazon India said in an emailed statement.

While Amazon Prime was originally available at Rs999, the price was slashed around July last year. In India, Amazon Prime members get unlimited free one-day and two-day delivery service on over 11 million products as well as access to exclusive deals. Amazon did not disclose the number of Prime membership numbers in India.

Besides, Amazon also allows its Prime members access to its Prime Video service without any additional costs.

an attempt to create fear to force current subscribers to renew subscription.
they already know many will not renew.

@swatkats Thanks for posting this news, my Prime membership was going to expire in 1-2 days, will renew it before they double the price. I will find Prime useful even at 1000 rupees but getting it for another year at half the price is an awesome deal.

mine ends on 7th oct. Makes no difference to me if i end the subscription. Amazon prime video quality sucks so i dont watch it at all. I've seen that all the prime badge stuff is marked close to 200-250 more compared to non prime marked stuff. so they already charge extra for shipping in it. other non prime stuff have a standard 100-150 charge for shipping. Even with prime, i usually get stuff 3-4 days after I buy, so no use of prime to me now.

The only stuff i would miss is the half hour start before all other members get for deals and amazon prime member only deals. i'm too poor for those prime only iphone or oneplus deals now so there's not much to lose i think.

Got expiry notice 2 days back, immediately recharged. Prime is like woot!

How is prime of any use in india? from what i've heard delivery takes almost the same time with or without. Leave prime video out of the equation, hardly anyone uses it.

free shipping for products costing less ₹500

Oh ok.

So i just checked. Below Rs 550 delivery charge is 50 bucks. So prime at 499 means that if you make more than 10 orders in a year costing less than 550 you will save money.

Amazon has made charges and new policies favouring prime purchase.

- 599 minimum for normal orders or else 50
- 599 minimum for pantry or else ₹20.

Pros:
Saved lot of time- pantry shopping, plus been watching some oldies on video. So paisa vasool

How is prime of any use in india? from what i've heard delivery takes almost the same time with or without. Leave prime video out of the equation, hardly anyone uses it.

Not really, since I get one day delivery, plus I do use Prime Video. Finished Mad Men, several movies etc.

Back