Amazon Prime to cost Rs 999/yr soon

I use prime video all the time. Free delivery is not so bad. You can check on incognito for urgent items and if available buy from different acc by paying. Till now I havent had to.

Amazon Prime Video Quality is Excellent if the ISP bandwidth is there....Used for lots of English TV Series to view. Though Top End Series are not available and they are only part of Netflix but others are available - Below is my current watchlist

5eygOKah.png

Membership will End 15 Dec 2017.

Amazon Prime is just awesome. They have such an awesome collection of TV series. And sometimes they release good movies too. And at such a low price.

The amount of content on prime has also increased a lot since launch.. Lot of good old TV series..
I re-watched two n half men and now watching Smallville..
Even low budget good hindi movies like "Hindi Medium" "trapped" etc are available..
The only thing I miss is casting the content to my TV using chromecast.. Sadly chromecast does not support the prime video..

The amount of content on prime has also increased a lot since launch.. Lot of good old TV series..
I re-watched two n half men and now watching Smallville..
Even low budget good hindi movies like "Hindi Medium" "trapped" etc are available..
The only thing I miss is casting the content to my TV using chromecast.. Sadly chromecast does not support the prime video..

before buying Fire stick I had chromecast, casted by mirroring my phone. Quality was bit low but acceptable.

before buying Fire stick I had chromecast, casted by mirroring my phone. Quality was bit low but acceptable.
Yes, that is the only way for now.. But I don't like the fact that the content will keep on playing on my phone too, consuming battery while producing a crappy quality cast on the TV..
Hence looking to buy a fire tv (not a fire stick) now.. So that I can play content from a pen drive too and need not switch on my PC too..

Last edited:
Yes the cast option from Smart phone was choppy but recently I have tried casting through desktop Chrome and it was flawless when I watched couple of movies from Prime and Hotstar. It may be because of my desktop is wired whereas my smartphone increased Wi-Fi congestion.
Its a bit inconvenient if your pc is in other room though.

Apparently you cannot renew in the middle of the subscription.

View attachment 72264

Check with customer care as to whether you can get the discounted offer on Prime in the next few days if you have a subscription that expires after the offer ends. It might be possible that you can cancel the subscription (you will not get a refund if you have used Prime shipping) and purchase a new subscription at the offer price (IIRC, I saw somewhere that this was possible for other Amazon regions, won't hurt to check with CC if you can do this for IN too).

Check with customer care as to whether you can get the discounted offer on Prime in the next few days if you have a subscription that expires after the offer ends. It might be possible that you can cancel the subscription (you will not get a refund if you have used Prime shipping) and purchase a new subscription at the offer price (IIRC, I saw somewhere that this was possible for other Amazon regions, won't hurt to check with CC if you can do this for IN too).

Just buy an echo, get the extended period, and sell off for 499 less ;)

Back