Amazon's tablet - Press event on 28th Sep,2011

@stalker - Warranties are still valid on the touchpad. Its all out on ebay. 15k shipped to india and all that stuff.

Also the android that cm is building is dualboot and easy i suppose.

SharekhaN said:
@stalker - Warranties are still valid on the touchpad. Its all out on ebay. 15k shipped to india and all that stuff.
Also the android that cm is building is dualboot and easy i suppose.

Warranties are valid, but what about getting it to the US and back to claim them?
Amazon provides warranty to Indian buyers of Kindle afaik

this is just excellent by amazon and exactly what i was expecting.they have entered the makret and now are the definite favourites for the 2nd position.the key here is this in no way competes with the ipad.a person wanting and owning an ipad will take and keep an ipad.but a person who just wants to stream movies,read ebooks and have a plunder of multimedia with him all the time and added with that a 7 inch portability,this just creates a entirely new market.kudos to amazon and their business team.we always dont have to push technologically ahead,its equally important to have products at prices like this which will enhance the consumer experience,especially those who havent tasted the portable market.

btw what do you guys think will be the indian equivalent price?

stalker said:
Warranties are valid, but what about getting it to the US and back to claim them?

Amazon provides warranty to Indian buyers of Kindle afaik

amazon will support international kindle only if you buy the non ad supported version. They will offer direct shipment of the replacement to India at there own cost.

The latest kindle advertised @ 79/99 dollar price point are both ad sponsored edition. Both will not be supported in India. Non ad sponsored version cost $30 more.

So, if you want a Indian support go for the non ad sponsored version. I belive that is still excellent vfm

Hope Apple does not get the Amazon Fire banned and serve a law suit as this is also in rectangle shape and identical to Ipad design :p :rofl:

urssriks said:
Hope Apple does not get the Amazon Fire banned and serve a law suit as this is also in rectangle shape and identical to Ipad design :p :rofl:
Wow we nearly completed a detailed discussion without having a dig at apple.so close!

Back