AMD Announces Official Price-Cuts for Ryzen Processors

Fenix

Radhey Krishan
Skilled
Following its Ryzen 5 2400G and Ryzen 3 2200G socket AM4 APU announcement, AMD announced price cuts for its Ryzen family of processors, across the board. These are official price cuts, and not seasonal retailer discounts. The price cuts have been made in a bid to make its existing socket AM4 Ryzen processors more competitive against 8th generation Intel Core "Coffee Lake" processors.

Among the notable changes, are bringing the entire Ryzen 7-series lineup under the $350-mark, with the 1800X being priced at $349, the 1700X at $309, and the 1700 non-X at $299. These changes make the three competitive against the Core i7-8700K (which is scraping the $400-mark in many places), and the i7-8700 non-K (around $330). The Ryzen 5-series six-core parts also receive much-needed price-cuts to make them competitive against the Core i5 six-core SKUs, such as the i5-8600K and i5-8400. There are marginal changes in the Ryzen 3 series and Ryzen Threadripper series. All price cuts are tabled below.

NdcVugSeAmT4SiEP.jpg

Ryzen refresh is coming in few months so this was expected.
7nm is next year so another price cut might make 14nm affordable in India.

Last edited:
New prices haven't been reflected in India or am I wrong? I checked it immediately after this news but prices were unchanged. Also I haven't got any mails from AMD India (I signed up with their PR and ALWAYS get any and every AMD product news) regarding the same.
I want to see a R3 1300X Vs i3 8100 and R5 1600X Vs i5 8400/8500 (yet to be launched)/8600K price comparison.

Lets see if intel replies to it.
If you're talking about the latest 8th gen chips then why would they? I seriously doubt it. In fact I would assume that the price cut of Ryzen is also because of Intel's better 8th gen. But Intel has a problem right now. They have only the high-end Z-chipset motherboards. Lower models H and B-based boards aren't available and no official date of launch. Otherwise combining the i5 8400 and a cheap H/B board would be a great deal. Even if you buy an i3 right now you will have to go with a costly Z motherboard which gives you little benefits.
Anyway, AMD currently is the cheaper option I guess.

I rarely see the price cuts reflected in India immediately. Lets hope they reflect in by end of Jan. It's been 4 years since an upgrade to my system.

Ryzen 2600 is selling for 164 dollars on Amazon. Com. Is that an official price cut or part of their promotions? Can we expect price cuts here ahead of the ryzen 3 launch?

It's so funny, how we find these prices so mouth watering but in the US , it's still considered expensive taking into account that they can get a much better combo at micro center's, rebates and what not [emoji23]

Back