Graphic Cards AMD directly challenges NVIDIA

muzux2

ex-Mod
Yesterday our competitor also issued a press release, announcing the launch of what they claim to be the “World’s Fastest Graphics Cardâ€â€“ the Nvidia GTX 590. We combed through their announcement to understand how it was that such a claim could be made and why there was no substantiation based on industry-standard benchmarks, similar to what AMD did with industry benchmark 3DMark 11, the latest DirectX® 11 benchmark from FutureMark.

So now I issue a challenge to our competitor: prove it, don’t just say it. Show us the substantiation. Because as it stands today, leading reviewers agree with us here, here, here, and here that the AMD Radeon HD 6990 sits on the top as the world’s fastest graphics card.

The World’s Fastest Graphics Card…Done Right | Game Blog

AMD Issues NVIDIA a Challenge: Prove the GeForce GTX590 is the World's Fastest Video Card - Legit Reviews
PS: Let the battle begins :eek:hyeah:

AMD FTW. I am biased towards ATI cards and it seems that my bias isn't without reason.

TNT 2 - Crap card

9800 pro - Great card

6600GT - had no equivalent option from ATI, that time, in the same price range which had Dx9 as well

1900xtx - excellent card for the time

9600gt - amd had no better option

4850 - again, not bad

5850 - again, really good

now, 6970 - again very good

Almost always ATi cards are better in terms of FPS, perhaps smoother (from experience I guess) and with better image quality. And I haven't faced too many driver issues till date, if at all :)

5850 - again, really good

now, 6970 - again very good

IMO HD5850 was a bigger thing than HD6970, given HD6870 for AMD shed it's power efficient tag completely, consuming outrageously close to HD5970 power figures

Faraz said:
Never ever faced any driver issues with ATI 5850.
Don't know why you guys complain :)
actually neither have I, but I havent tried any Nvidia card in the recent past, so cant really compare, but yea AMD sure is the VFM winner!

Jasku said:
actually neither have I, but I havent tried any Nvidia card in the recent past, so cant really compare, but yea AMD sure is the VFM winner!
I have used GTS250, GTX260, GTX280, 9800gt, 9800gtx+, 8500gt and ATI5850

Never found any difference in the drivers from both camps.

Even i had my doubts on ATI/AMD before buying the 5850 but after buying it i can recommend ATI/AMD over nvidia to anyone now. :)

Faraz said:
Never ever faced any driver issues with ATI 5850.

Don't know why you guys complain :)
exactly, those who complain about driver issues, they either have never used an ATi card or are just trolling/spamming.

I have used Calalyst since 7 version when the new interface was introduced. Since then I have used EVERY VERSIOn of catalyst, and except some buggy from start(which was patched with hotfixes) I never ever had a driver related issue, nor an error like

"The nVidia driver has stopped responding" which happened over a dozen times for me

people who say that ATI drives are not good ,might have not even used an ati card they are just haters,because Nvidia isn't what it used to be.btw,i haven't faced any major problems with the ati drivers.

Lolz... I've two ATI Cards & one nVidia :p

1. HD4850
  2. HD4350
  3. 6600GT

The drivers of ATI are not as refined as nVidia. I am not an ATI fanboi & do recommend ATI mostly 'coz they are slightly better in power consumption & performance as well.. But ATI drivers suck bug time. nVidia has better drivers which actually work as they are suppose to be. They are more stable compared to ATI. Also another problem I am facing is that there seem to be some problem with the avi decoding with ATI drivers on both my machines which have ATI. nVidia works without any problem.. I thought it to be a codec issue & tried many things but to no avail... Finally had to stick to only few players which work albeit with glitches during decode....

Also I've had my own share of broken driver installs with ATI packages... They really need to fix them to match nVidia.... :cool2:

^^ I have used various cards from both sides over the past 12 years and I have faced driver related issues with both. Never faced a situation that led me to conclude that either of them has better/worse drivers than the other. Ultimately it was Performance and overall VFM that made me decide one over the other in each instance.

Clearly, Nvidia has better Linux driver support than ATI. I am not a fanboy of either one over the other, but I have to agree that IMO nvidia has more polished drivers with better overall support.

HailStonE said:
Lolz... I've two ATI Cards & one nVidia :p

1. HD4850
  2. HD4350
  3. 6600GT

The drivers of ATI are not as refined as nVidia. I am not an ATI fanboi & do recommend ATI mostly 'coz they are slightly better in power consumption & performance as well.. But ATI drivers suck bug time. nVidia has better drivers which actually work as they are suppose to be. They are more stable compared to ATI. Also another problem I am facing is that there seem to be some problem with the avi decoding with ATI drivers on both my machines which have ATI. nVidia works without any problem.. I thought it to be a codec issue & tried many things but to no avail... Finally had to stick to only few players which work albeit with glitches during decode....

Also I've had my own share of broken driver installs with ATI packages... They really need to fix them to match nVidia.... :cool2:
nVidia has drivers that lie. They are pretty much like AIRTEL you know.

nVidia release notes give something like 10-20% performance improvement every driver release, on the same game over and over again, and that implies over 100% improvement in just a few driver releases. Till now benchmarks from users havn't shown near anything like that, ATi drivers are atleast consistent and tru to their release notes.

About AIRTEL, everytime I make a call, I get a notification of 21,000 sms for RC88 30 days. LOL i did RC88 and got 3000 sms 100/day.

Can we sue AIRTEL for wrongful and MISLEADING advertisement?

comp@ddict said:
nVidia has drivers that lie. They are pretty much like AIRTEL you know.

nVidia release notes give something like 10-20% performance improvement every driver release, on the same game over and over again, and that implies over 100% improvement in just a few driver releases. Till now benchmarks from users havn't shown near anything like that, ATi drivers are atleast consistent and tru to their release notes.
I was never inclined with those figures. I never even care about FPS unless I get decent frame-rate for the resolution I want with enough eye-candy... Those figures are any day irrelevant to me....

Well fanboyism is good but you should not get biased. ATI drivers do have issues, i have HD5750 and have faced driver probs many a times, its just that some version of drivers have flaws, so if you get yourself a stable driver you are not going to face any probs. I have noe used Nvidia card so dont know if there drivers are smoother than ATI.

Back