CPU/Mobo AMD FX/Bulldozer Registry Fix - 40% performance boost!

The boys over at Kubuntu has been working on a AMD Bulldozer fix that sort-of applies across several platforms. The idea came from ArchLinux that run ARM multiple processors. AMD FX-Bulldozer is neither 4 core or 8 core… that’s the problem. The ARM Cortex-A9 8 core processor had a similar problem that was overcome with a software patch. The problem right now is that the patch has to be re-registered with each Windows start. Look for a 40% performance boost if this works…. more to come.

There is most definitely a Windows 7 AMD FX – software patch in the works. By most estimates the AMD Bulldozer FX is underperforming by 40-70% in most Windows 7 benchmarks. By forcing Windows 7 to recognize 8 cpu cores a huge performance hit has happened. The Bulldozer FX-8xxx design… really isn’t 8 cores, it’s a 4 core CPU with an extra integer pipeline on each core. If the FX-8xxx series scale according to the 4 and 6 core Bulldozer design than there is a serious bug in Windows 7 that is crippling the FX-8150 performance.

AMD Bulldozer Registry Fix | Apple think different, Occupy Wall Street, Occupy Calgary, the Crash, Web-bots, Greece Default, Free Stock Footage

Is this for real :O then it's not fair for AMD :no:

now com on we want a fair results :D

so if it's still 40% - 70% underworking it's power then Intel 's 2nd gen don't stand a chance now :p

We will see all kinds of 'performance boosts' from AMD's cult following now that BD is not what we all hoped it would be.

hahahahaha, so its now a bug in Win7 thats stopping AMD from performing, some fanbois. Its the architecture......Win7 came several years ago before BD. Its AMD which should have optimised for Win7 or anyother OS instead of expecting Microsoft to get a fix. And now AMD (or its fanbois?) are claiming its not a 8 core CPU because of which there are problem, whereas I did not read anything similar written before it results started leaking or processors launched........

We have all seen the ups and downs of the BD chip over the last few days. I was lead down the garden path by some people, but truthfully now, I will believe when I see it for myself. Dont get carried away by this kind of stuff till you see it working.

BTW, this roumor was started by some dude who believes that bigfoot/yeti is still loafing around somewhere in the woods of north america.

^ they claim they found Yeti hair in Siberia last week...so just maybe this guy knows something the rest of us don't. :tongue:

Guys, this is the next big thing for sure...

AMD regains back performance crown.....

Bigfoot exists!

Osama is alive.

2012 : The End, is real and going to happen. :rofl:

Hope is a very powerful thing.. BD failed necessarily doesnt imply anything with BD is also an automatic fail!! Keep your mind open guys... stop being pessimistic

Back