CPU/Mobo AMD Ryzen CPUs launched

^ Apparently at CES they dropped a hint that when they said Q1 launch, they didn't mean the end of Q1, so hopefully that means February.

Last edited:

its ryzen now probably in feb or March the CPUs will launch that will have no igpu and later apu's which will have igpu.[DOUBLEPOST=1484247792][/DOUBLEPOST]
Probably going to come out around March end, I hope the local pricing isn't complete bonkers like their gpu's.

that's what I'm afraid of do you think demonetisation will have any impact on the prices.

Prices leaked

http://www.forbes.com/sites/antonyl...-ryzen-prices-revealed-massive-blow-to-intel/

amd-ryzen-pricing.jpg

I bet you the Indian pricing will be nearly double the dollar value.
distributors here are such a rip-off.

Their cpu's have always been reasonably priced because they are high volume parts unlike gpu's.
I'd snag a R7 1700 in a jiffy even if they priced it the same as an i7 6700k and this is rumored to take on the 6900k iirc.
Fingers crossed until reviews show up and local pricing becomes much more clearer, don't jinx it already.
I wonder if retailers are still pushing that overheating BS they used a decade ago to get buyers to opt for intel instead.
Intel is already promising 15% IPC gains for their next iteration but no one's buying any of that crap after the disappointing Skylake and Kaby Lake proccys.

Intel is already way ahead on ipc. So its natural that they would slow down and take it easy. A 4 core kaby lake can match a 6 core broadwell-e. From all the info released so far, zen ipc is at best comparable to broadwell. what AMD is fighting with is not ipc, but core/thread count and price. To be honest it wont take much for intel to rain on AMD's parade as soon as it starts. They are already planning for new sku's like i5 6670k with HT and i7 6770k and also adjusting prices.[DOUBLEPOST=1486808251][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'd snag a R7 1700 in a jiffy even if they priced it the same as an i7 6700k and this is rumored to take on the 6900k iirc.

From what i understand, its competition for 7700k/6800k, not 6900k.

Last edited:
Intel is already way ahead on ipc. So its natural that they would slow down and take it easy.

Hmm no they got lazy and they know it, what I was saying was this is a common ploy to announce future products just in time to take the wind out of the competition's sails to hold off potential customers from jumping ship. It's done by pretty much everyone, AMD included.

I already mentioned that it's a rumor that it stacks up quite well against a $1000 cpu, let's not get into a discussion based on leaks and rumors it's a waste of everybody's time.

To be honest it wont take much for intel to rain on AMD's parade as soon as it starts. They are already planning for new sku's like i5 6670k with HT and i7 6770k and also adjusting prices.

Even if that happens there are a lot of people willing to get Ryzen, Intel has taken their customers on a ride for far too long and haven't released anything compelling since Haswell because of lack of competition.
AMD doesn't have to beat Intel, just provided great bang for buck and they can finally turn a profit. You're talking as if this is a bad thing, competition is great for customers. I haven't been this excited about a cpu launch since sandy bridge.[DOUBLEPOST=1486819887][/DOUBLEPOST]

Don't really like citing them but WCCRAPTECH just posted this, the X iteration of the 1700 seems to be holding up well against the 6900k, to be taken with a spoonful of salt ofc but coming from faildozer this looks really good for AMD.

http://wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-7-1700x-389-8-core-cpu-benchmarks-leaked/

Last edited:
Even if that happens there are a lot of people willing to get Ryzen, Intel has taken their customers on a ride for far too long and haven't released anything compelling since Haswell because of lack of competition.
AMD doesn't have to beat Intel, just provided great bang for buck and they can finally turn a profit. You're talking as if this is a bad thing, competition is great for customers. I haven't been this excited about a cpu launch since sandy bridge.

Who said that competition is a bad thing? I have also been waiting for Ryzen to come out to do my CPU upgrade which is over due now (6 years). If AMD delivers the goods and the CPU's are available in march, I would be getting either 1800X or 1700X depending on price performance ratio. Even if they don't have a winner, if they at least look like they are back in the race, I can at at least expect Intel to put out some new products.

In any case, I do not think there would be many people who would be stupid enough to buy a less performing product even if a better alternative is available in the other camp. Maybe a few fanboy's would do that, But for normal people, they would buy which ever camp delivers and they don't make buying decision based on meaningless criteria like what the company was doing when they had no competition.

Hmm no they got lazy and they know it, what I was saying was this is a common ploy to announce future products just in time to take the wind out of the competition's sails to hold off potential customers from jumping ship. It's done by pretty much everyone, AMD included.

Yes, AMD did get lazy and failed to catch up till now despite Intel slowing the pace drastically. Even now, AMD's claims at the launch event were about matching the performance of Broadwell which is already a two gen old architecture if you think about it.

In addition, having no competition is just as bad for business as having cut throat competition. That's because of the anti-monopoly hassles involved and that is why businesses often go out of their way to keep their competitors alive. This could range from deliberately keeping gaps in their own product line ups for the competitor fill up or leaving certain less profitable market sections to the competitor to indirectly helping their competitors with financial aid. Intel could very well have buried AMD's CPU business with the lead they created if they had gone on the same pace, but it simply doesn't make sense for them in the long run as there would be severe repercussions for them too. Instead. it makes perfect sense to establish a comfortable lead and wait for the competitor to catch up while raking in the profits.

I do not think there would be many people who would be stupid enough to buy a less performing product even if a better alternative is available in the other camp.

No one said anything about blind loyalty, by bang for buck I meant competitive at a lower price point just like the 1700 is shaping up to be.[DOUBLEPOST=1486825148][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yes, AMD did get lazy and failed to catch up till now despite Intel slowing the pace drastically.

Lol I meant Intel not AMD, they didn't bother bringing 8 core to the mainstream and even the 7th gen was a disappointment, they kept the same socket for once because they knew it was a lemon.

Last edited:
Yes, can't wait for real launch and in-depth reviews like on Anandtech, want to know what is the power consumption at idle and low usage compared to, maybe, a Core i7 with all that fancy speed-shift-version-2 stuff.

I think I read on a couple of sites that AMD and Intel show their power consumption "TDP" differently, where Intel's rarely goes beyond the rated TDP (watts) while AMD is probably giving a "base" or "average" TDP/watts rating, so it can actually go much higher on load.

But anyways, must wait for the real deal to find out for sure.

Back