CPU/Mobo AMD Ryzen CPUs launched

My gskill ripjaw v 3200C16 32GB arrives today. Buying an Asus CH6 as the gigabyte K7 is too overpriced in India and ASRock taichi which is the best board out there isn't available. Also the gigabyte has worse vrm chips compared to the Asus CH6.

It will be paired with an R7 1700 as it appears there is no use buying anything higher. Shall use my existing AIO for cooling.

Yeah

Do post entire rig and shipping and customs details.
Newegg doesn't accept Indian Paypal or cards. How you managed it ?
Newegg accepts cards. I bought my GPU last month (EVGA FTW 100) from Newegg. They shipped it the same day, arrived via UPS in 6 days. The have an Indian site, buy from that.

Congrats on your new build, I am surprised to how you were willing to risk buying the motherboard from the US, given the mobo is probably the most complex piece of hardware and multiple things could go wrong. How long did the shipping take?

Shipping did not take more than 5 days in my case. Newegg has a 15 day replacement period if the unit is Faulty but i know i took a risk as i loved this board and it was way too expensive in India. Heck even the Gaming 5 version costing in upwards of 21.5K from PrimeABGB. I have had great experience with Gigabyte products in the past hence the decision furthermore the reviews on the internet were great too.

I will be posting some pics soon but i dont think they would do justice. The motherboard looks Drool in person + I like RGB :p

<merged post>

Regarding the Performance...I work with Adobe After Effects CC 2017 and my old rig had an AMD Phenom 965 BE with a Gigabyte 890-UD3H motherboard.

The 1080P video which used to take almost 8 hrs to render now takes less than 1.5 Hrs.. For me thats blazingly Fast !!

Last edited by a moderator:
Shipping did not take more than 5 days in my case. Newegg has a 15 day replacement period if the unit is Faulty but i know i took a risk as i loved this board and it was way too expensive in India. Heck even the Gaming 5 version costing in upwards of 21.5K from PrimeABGB. I have had great experience with Gigabyte products in the past hence the decision furthermore the reviews on the internet were great too.

The Gaming K7 is available locally for roughly 1000 rupees more than the Asus ROG CH6. That is a rip off I feel considering the fact that it costs 210 bucks on amazon and the ROG is 255. The VRMs on the Gigabyte aren't up to top spec. It is a 4+2 design unlike the 6+4 design in the ROG and apparently heats up a bit.

Personally I didn't have a great experience with Gigabyte Z77 intel boards as they had a cold boot loop issue. Didn't want to risk it again though this time their Ryzen boards are apparently quite good.

What RAM speeds could you manage? Did you hit 3200?

All parts arrived now!

2l5k5f.jpg

The Gaming K7 is available locally for roughly 1000 rupees more than the Asus ROG CH6. That is a rip off I feel considering the fact that it costs 210 bucks on amazon and the ROG is 255. The VRMs on the Gigabyte aren't up to top spec. It is a 4+2 design unlike the 6+4 design in the ROG and apparently heats up a bit.

Personally I didn't have a great experience with Gigabyte Z77 intel boards as they had a cold boot loop issue. Didn't want to risk it again though this time their Ryzen boards are apparently quite good.

What RAM speeds could you manage? Did you hit 3200?

The Gigabyte Gaming K7 has a 6+4 Design and not 4+2 and as per reviews online it doesn't heat up and is very close to performance as compared to Asus ROG

I am only able to hit 2933 Mhz for now.. Didn't tweak the timings yet as i didn't get much time to fiddle with it. I am still waiting for my new Fans to arrive as well as my AM4 bracket for my Cooler Master 212 and will fiddle with overclocking the processor further then.

What is the perfrormance so far. Can you please comment on this. I am going to buy a Ryzen myself my computer is dying and I am going to buy one soon.

Performance in what would be a better question. My cpu is running at 1.3V 3.8GHz right now with p-states overclocking. I can't really complain about performance in any way - be it work or games. It is a good upgrade from my 2500k.

I do have one issue though - there's a cold boot loop that sometimes occurs in the ROG Crosshair which is a bit annoying. Also RAM is stuck at 2666 as it is a dual rank hynix module. I guess I'll have to wait for the AGESA update to see 3200 speeds.

Last edited:
Finally got my Gskill Trident Z RGB 3200 16d-16GTZR. Booted at 2133, enabling XMP pushed it to 3200 but it failed to boot. Manually set 2933mhz and its working fine now. Gigabyte ab350 gaming 3 board with F6 bios. Also pushed my Ryzen 1600 to 3.7ghz with stock cooler.

Mine was earlier booting up with XMP at 2933 Mhz but not anymore (Gigabyte AX-370 Gaming 7) now i am stuck at 2666 but i tried pushing it further through Bclk Overclocking i was able to push it around 2750 for now..My Ryzen 1600 sits now at 3.85 Ghz at 1.3675 Volts with Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus with max temps. now going any further than 62C with Prime 95. Will try to push it more when i get time as i still have some headroom when it comes to voltage and Max temps.

Back