CPU/Mobo AMD Ryzen CPUs launched

Well I am using only 2400 mhz 8 gb ram now. Issue is I have my eyez fixed on Gskill Trident z rgb kit but sceptical about compatibility. In gskill forum I think I saw 16 gb rgb trident z is compatible. But not sure at all.

Well I am using only 2400 mhz 8 gb ram now. Issue is I have my eyez fixed on Gskill Trident z rgb kit but sceptical about compatibility. In gskill forum I think I saw 16 gb rgb trident z is compatible. But not sure at all.
I had checked the QVL against the RAM models from mdcomputers.in.
https://www.mdcomputers.in/memory/ddr4-memory#/series-trident-z-rgb-a387-vTRIDENT Z RGB/sort=p.sort_order/order=ASC/limit=15

The Trident series are not there.All of the 3200 MHz G.Skill kits in the QVL seem to be CL14 FlareX kits
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb...X_X370-F_GAMING_DRAM_Non-ECC_QVL_20170522.pdf

I had checked the QVL against the RAM models from mdcomputers.in.
https://www.mdcomputers.in/memory/ddr4-memory#/series-trident-z-rgb-a387-vTRIDENT Z RGB/sort=p.sort_order/order=ASC/limit=15

The Trident series are not there.All of the 3200 MHz G.Skill kits in the QVL seem to be CL14 FlareX kits
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb...X_X370-F_GAMING_DRAM_Non-ECC_QVL_20170522.pdf

@ MF ;-) just because it's not on the RAM or Mobo vendors' QVL does not mean it won't work! You can try your luck (with latest BIOS updates) just as I did with my old 2133 mhz RAM :D

@ MF ;-) just because it's not on the RAM or Mobo vendors' QVL does not mean it won't work! You can try your luck (with latest BIOS updates) just as I did with my old 2133 mhz RAM :D

Trial and error with RAM kits costing north of 11k will be a pain in India.We don't have the easy return policy of amazon.com or newegg which people are using to manually test RAM compatibility.:(

There. Has been reports of ram going bad after few months usage with Ryzen and G skill specially declined warranty

All this stuff is making me think that I should wait for Ryzen to sort itself out.I never had high hopes from G.Skill after issues with a G.Skill DDR3 kitway back in 2011 and have always used Corsair since then with zero issues.

But 3200 MHz Corsair kits available locally do not scale at all with Ryzen.

Trial and error with RAM kits costing north of 11k will be a pain in India.We don't have the easy return policy of amazon.com or newegg which people are using to manually test RAM compatibility.:(

All this stuff is making me think that I should wait for Ryzen to sort itself out.I never had high hopes from G.Skill after issues with a G.Skill DDR3 kitway back in 2011 and have always used Corsair since then with zero issues.

But 3200 MHz Corsair kits available locally do not scale at all with Ryzen.

Don't worry - most kits will work at rated clocks now just not with one click. You need to manually punch in the subtimings and play around with the bios a bit. Also there are a few things such as ProcODT, BGS, GDM etc that you must play with.

Even hynix kits such as the local corsairs should reach their rated speeds now but will need tweaking. Expecting an experience where overclocking works straight of the box in one click for both ram and cpu is expecting too much :).

So @Chaos I was planning to get G skill Trident Z RGB kit. Motherboard is ROG Strix X370 f. WIll it work out as planned? At least I do not want to overclock now but should it work flawlessly @2400Mhz? I am currently running G skill kit and I manually set speed as 2400 Mhz. Still now, no issues for last 1 week+. I did not get dual channel now as I have my eyes on a RGB kit only.

I did the same with my GSkill 2133mhz RipJawsV RAM (16 GB , 2x8 kit for about Rs 10k) on the ASUS PRIME B350-Plus mobo, some instability in the early days, now fixed with latest BIOS... see the thread history for my rants/posts here :D[DOUBLEPOST=1501233117][/DOUBLEPOST]
There. Has been reports of ram going bad after few months usage with Ryzen and G skill specially declined warranty

You are mistaken. GSkill on official forums offerred to replace my kit with FlareX for free :D But works for me anyway with latest BIOS now , my RipJawsV 2133 kit.

Ordered my set from the US - R7-1700 + a myDigitalSSD 480GB PCIe SSD + F4-3200C14D RAM. 16GB worth. Should be here in a week or so. Along with that, I'll order an Asrock Taichi from Prime - this should be a good system![DOUBLEPOST=1501335677][/DOUBLEPOST]
Please update once you figure out where to buy it and at what price
Tough to get those in India - you only get the cheaper CL16 stuff, Hynix A Die.
No Samsung B-Die here in India.

Ordered my set from the US - R7-1700 + a myDigitalSSD 480GB PCIe SSD + F4-3200C14D RAM. 16GB worth. Should be here in a week or so. Along with that, I'll order an Asrock Taichi from Prime - this should be a good system![DOUBLEPOST=1501335677][/DOUBLEPOST]
Tough to get those in India - you only get the cheaper CL16 stuff, Hynix A Die.
No Samsung B-Die here in India.

Also, I've got an extra kit of 2x8GB RAM, DDR4-3200/CL16 coming in. PM me if you want to take it off my hands for significantly cheaper than the local rates. It is GSkill RAM, worldwide warranty. Cheers.

Also, I've got an extra kit of 2x8GB RAM, DDR4-3200/CL16 coming in. PM me if you want to take it off my hands for significantly cheaper than the local rates. It is GSkill RAM, worldwide warranty. Cheers.

Where did you order from?
Can you share the links please[DOUBLEPOST=1501338407][/DOUBLEPOST]
^

Did not know Gskill provides worldwide warranty
@simforgotten found this RAM kit which is in STRIX QVL

CMK16GX4M2B3200C16
http://www.amazon.in/Corsair-Vengeance-3200MHz-PC4-25600-Memory/dp/B0143UM4TC

Only issue is that its from amazon global store.

If you check the reviews people have this RAM running at 3200 MHz on MSI B350 Tomahawk at 16, 18, 18, 18, 36 timings and 1.35V

Last edited:
Back