CPU/Mobo AMD Ryzen CPUs launched

I personally feel gigabyte board build quality and components are inferior to ones used on Asus and msi. Maybe things would have changed

Has anybody on this forum bought Asus ROG Strix B350-F Gaming motherboard? Its a really nice looking motherboard plus comes with good heatsink to keep the VRMs cool. Plus i wanted to know which retailer is selling it at the cheapest price?

I checked Primeabgb's website, its selling for Rs. 10k which i guess is a lot for a B350 chipset motherboard.

Gonna go for this mobo myself this week for a fresh new build. Did a lot of research and this seems to be quite well worth it

I was thinking of replacing my old Hyper 212 Plus with a new cooler and first I looked at the Masterliquid Lite 120 but was intrigued by the Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4 which blows away the Masterliquid.
Moreover it is 580g which is not that heavy compared to my Hyper 212.The D15 is the sikander but weighs a whopping 1.3 Kg which is something to be used for bashing someone's skull in.:p

The only place to stock it is primabgb and they have a email for price button instead of the price on the cooler's page
https://www.primeabgb.com/online-pr...premium-grade-120mm-tower-cpu-cooler-amd-am4/

I have mailed them for pricing and availability but yet to hear back from them.
On newegg this cooler is 60$ which will go into the 240 mm AIO water cooler price range in India easily.
On amazon it is about 9k as well so no go there too.

@jai1611 you have the same cooler so it will be very helpful if you could let me know the price you paid for it.

The Noctua NH-U12S costs just 3.5k though on primeabgb
https://www.primeabgb.com/online-price-reviews-india/noctua-nh-u12s-cpu-cooler/

@Chaos since Asus Crosshair 6 supports AM3 coolers as well do you suggest going for this instead of the SE?
BTW what cooler do you use?

Does anybody know if there is a performance difference between the NH-U12S and the NH-U12S SE-AM4?

Bhailog

Facing weird problem. I am using ripjaws 5 8 gb 2400 mhz currently single channel for 2 weeks. Today suddenly the pc wont boot with ram in 1st 3rd and 4th slots. 1 and 3 are dual channel same is 2 and 4. Ram is working only in 2nd slot. Any suggestion what might be the issue? Havent updated bios but the ram was working fine in slot 1 from beginning

Bhailog

Facing weird problem. I am using ripjaws 5 8 gb 2400 mhz currently single channel for 2 weeks. Today suddenly the pc wont boot with ram in 1st 3rd and 4th slots. 1 and 3 are dual channel same is 2 and 4. Ram is working only in 2nd slot. Any suggestion what might be the issue? Havent updated bios but the ram was working fine in slot 1 from beginning
You are running at 2133 Mhz right?

Try resetting the CMOS and please update the BIOS

Gonna go for this mobo myself this week for a fresh new build. Did a lot of research and this seems to be quite well worth it

Yeah. Except USB Type-C it has all the necessary features, plus i read that you cant manually set voltage to overclock the CPU. You have to use offset mode which is quite cumbersome. At this pricepoint Asus should have really allowed people to manually set vcore to a specific voltage. Plus i read that P-state overclocking functionality is missing from the bios aswell (which i guess is also called Dynamic overclocking).

But still i guess it is the best B350 board in my opinion.

@jai1611 you have the same cooler so it will be very helpful if you could let me know the price you paid for it.

The Noctua NH-U12S costs just 3.5k though on primeabgb
https://www.primeabgb.com/online-price-reviews-india/noctua-nh-u12s-cpu-cooler/

@Chaos since Asus Crosshair 6 supports AM3 coolers as well do you suggest going for this instead of the SE?

Does anybody know if there is a performance difference between the NH-U12S and the NH-U12S SE-AM4?

I paid about 6.9k incl shipping to Bangalore for the D15.
On your other query, the SE-AM4 suffix means it comes with the AM4 bracket. No other difference AFAIK

RAM goodness.

Attachments

• GSkill.jpg
    GSkill.jpg
    338.9 KB · Views: 203

You can use a noctua if you wish with AM3 and its own backplate. However removing the stock backplate on the CH6 is a bit of a pain as it is glued. I had to use my wife's hair dryer and a thin knife to pry it out slowly.

I use a Deepcool Captain 240 EX AIO. I just received the AM4 bracket. I was using the AM3 mounting holes all this while.

Back