CPU/Mobo AMD Ryzen CPUs launched

Has anyone got the Ryzen 3 processors? Any good for office / basic creative work?
Tested the Ryzen 3 1300x with geforce 1050 mini. Played NFS Rivals at 1080p ultra with DR scan running for almost 500GB of music, some downloads going on and another NFS install in progress. No slowdown at all @ stock 3.5ghz

Woooo!!!

See http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=AGESA-1.0.0.6b-Update

Motherboard vendors have begun pushing out BIOS updates for Ryzen motherboards using the AMD AGESA 1.0.0.6b revision and it's reported that it does resolve the "Performance Marginality Problem" affecting early Ryzen Linux customers.

Further reading in the article link... I hope I don't need to go the RMA route :D[DOUBLEPOST=1505384377][/DOUBLEPOST]Reddit comments seem to indicate the new AGESA does NOT help, only getting a newer manufactured CPU resolves Linux/Windows "SEGV" issue :(

Still, fingers crossed.

Ryzen desktop CPUs dont have iGPU but prolly AMD will launch laptop/desktop ones (A series / whatever) with iGPU (vega mess right now) in the near future?

Ryzen APUs are scheduled for Q4 I think.

More than enough for the work he wants, and at low cost too.
Is it available in India? The existing APU prices itself are not that great.
If cost is a concern, the G4560 is cheaper and better. Not sure how many will buy the A12 APU just so they can eventually upgrade to Ryzen before 2020.

A must watch video.

This is what AMD has brought to the table. A CPU which can handle 8k video editing without breaking a sweat and making Intel HEDT CPUs look ridiculously overpriced.

Ryzen APUs are scheduled for Q4 I think.

Is it available in India? The existing APU prices itself are not that great.
If cost is a concern, the G4560 is cheaper and better. Not sure how many will buy the A12 APU just so they can eventually upgrade to Ryzen before 2020.
nope not yet available. A-12 9800 is listed for 109$ on newegg. With this you buy a good 350 mobo and you can upgrade to Ryzen later. Not sure about about upgrade path on G4560

Back